Near Beach-Updated-Beautiful View-Very Private Tropical Heated Pool - See
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-28 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
GREAT LOCATION!!! Our near beach home is just a short walk to the beach. A VERY private tropical heated pool Is surrounded by lush vegetation including many palms. The living room, eat in kitchen, and family room feature an open floor plan that is bright, light, and airy with a high ceiling and tropical colors. The living area has something for everyone with large comfortable furniture and a 46' LED HD flat screen in the living room and a family room with tropical and comfortable rattan furniture and a great view. A wall of sliding glass doors provides a beautiful view of the pool, yard, river, and beyond and leads to a large comfortable screen enclosed deck. The yard backs to the Sanibel River with beautiful views of the water and wildlife. Distant beyond the river is the 8th tee of Sanibel Island Golf Club, which is one of the two public courses on Sanibel. Our three spacious bedrooms offer privacy and are beautifully furnished. Two large tiled bathroom both have walk in showers.
Our elevated home has been completely updated and all contents receive regular updates including furnishings, décor, electronics, linens and kitchen equipment each year. The house is bright, cheery, and fun with high ceilings and large rooms. The living room has very comfortable seating for you to relax after a busy day at the beach or...? Sit back and relax and enjoy the 46' LED HD flat screen with our high definition cable and DVR, or a movie on the DVD player. For those of us that want or need to stay connected we have equipped the home with a Wireless High Speed modem/router that operates at lightening speed and our house phone includes Free US and Canada Long Distance.
The kitchen has cottage style cabinets a granite countertop and is fully equipped to allow you to make a snack or gourmet meal. Bon appetite. The kitchen area includes a dine-in table seating six. The full sized laundry room is conveniently just of the kitchen. Our family room is a tropical paradise with beautiful rattan furniture for you to sit and read that book or just enjoy the beautiful view.
In our years of visiting and enjoying Sanibel we have found that the desirable east end of the island offers some of the best shelling. Sanibel is known to have the best shelling in North America. Sanibel is a quaint tropical paradise with no street lights or stop lights. Building height is strictly limited and you will not find the typical franchises here. Sanibel is also known to have some of the best restaurants from top notch gourmet options to grouper baskets and conch fritters. Try them all.
Enjoy the opportunity to hire a fishing charter, rent a boat or jet ski, take a delightful evening dolphin cruise, bike the 26 miles of bike trails, take long walks on the beach, explore the 6,500 acre Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, utilize the workout facilities of Sanibel's community center, enjoy swimming and playing in our pool or just curl up with a good book and glass of wine. Our home is here for you to use and enjoy as much as we do.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 1820 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- We understand that part of having a good trip is sleeping well. As a result you will find that we have high quality mattresses and box springs on all beds. We have had great feed back on their comfort. Enjoy the large luxurious master bedroom/bath suite with a view of the backyard pool and river. The spacious master bedroom is beautifully furnished including a 39 inch HD flat screen TV and DVD player. The master bath is completely updated, roomy, and amazing with two separate vanities and a large walk in shower with two shower heads. No need to discuss who gets the first shower! The guest bedroom is roomy with a beautiful and comfortable queen bed. The guest room is well furnished and has also has a large flat screen TV. Our third bedroom is well equipped with two single beds. All three of the bedrooms have very large closets. All the linens are updated regularly, good quality, and color coordinating. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Both baths are completly updated, feature beautiful tile, and spacious walk in showers. The master bath is large and amazing with two vanities. The large walk in shower has dual shower heads so you won't have to fight over who gets to shower first! This bath is larger then many bedrooms and includes a large closet. Top quality towels make it comfortable. The guest bath was updated at the same time as the master bath and has the same high quality tile. The shower in this bath is also a large walk in shower. This bathroom has an attractive pedestal sink....moreless
- Our homes open floor plan allows everyone in the living areas to be involved. Our living room, family room, kitchen and dining room are virtually one large vaulted ceiling room. Bright colors and both tropical and comfortable furniture fill the living areas. The home has just been completely updated and furnished with new furniture with a designers touch. Even the linens and kitchen equipment are new. The bedrooms are separated to allow quiet and privacy for all the guests. the three bedrooms sleep six and two full size. Our heated pool is secluded and features a sitting bench on the deep end with jacuzzi jets. This makes for comfortable seating on the hottest of days. A large screen enclosed deck overlooking the pool and back yard provides a relaxed place to read, visit or just watch the sun go down....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Course View:
- Near The Ocean:
Our home backs to the Sanibel River and then The Beach View Golf Course beyond. The lush tropical vegetation provides complete privacy in the back yard and pool area but our elevated screen enclosure and our Florida Room provide amazing views of the vegetation, river, and golf course complete with many birds and wildlife....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
Dine in kitchen with 6 seat table and chairs. Dine out lanai/porch level on our 6 seat outdoor dining table and chairs. Or dine at pool level deck on our four seat high top table and chairs....moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Free Local Calls
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Garbage Disposal
- Ice Maker
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Beach Umbrellas
Deck / Patio:
(2) A majority of the upper deck features a screen enclosure that allows comfortable dining on a six seat outdoor table and chair set. The upper open deck is an additional seating option. The pool deck has a high top table with seating for four....moreless
- Deck Furniture
- Fish Cleaning Table
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda:
- Porch Furniture
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Nov 30, 2016
28 night min stay
December - January
Dec 1 - Jan 31, 2017
28 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $0
- Tax Rate 11%
$3,400 to $7,750 per month
The minimum rental period is 28 days. The above rates do not include
the refundable security deposit or applicable tax.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
VIEW OUR VIRTUAL TOUR JUST ABOVE THE REVIEWS NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE** Our home is located on the east end of Sanibel Island with easy access on and off the island even during busy season. The directions are Periwinkle to left on Donax to the second right on Junonia St and one block to home. Beaches are the primary attraction on Sanibel and we are located 4 blocks from a great shelling beach. You can walk for miles in either direction shelling on the best shelling beach in North America. There are many treasures to find! Enjoy the dolphins feeding and the pelicans fishing. Nearby Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge features many birds and other wildlife. Sanibel is a model for consevationists. We are two blocks from the Beachview Golf Course clubhouse. The spacious elevated home sits on a large lot landscaped professionally with mature tropical foliage. The dense foliage combined with the depth of the river and golf course provides our guests with a secluded private pool deck.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We vacationed on Sanibel Island for twenty plus years spending a week or two a year in paradise. We stayed at resorts, rented condos, and finally single family homes. Once we stayed in a single family home we knew that was what we wanted to buy. We were lucky to find our beautiful home in 2008 and now spend as much time as possible at our house. We have also enjoyed sharing our home with many wonderful guests from the US and many parts of the world. We hope we have a chance to share our home with you.
Why the Owner Chose Sanibel Island, FL, USA:
We chose our home for many reasons including how close it is to the beach. It is hard to stress how wonderful it is to have easy access with a short walk. We enjoy the great east end location that puts us in the heart of Sanibel and makes access on and off the island easy. The house has a great view located on the Sanibel River with views of Beach View Golf course beyond. The river and the beautiful native tropical foliage give an amazing an back yard and gives the pool area complete privacy. We also enjoy being one block from one of the bicycle paths (for use of our four bikes we provide) and only two blocks from the Beach View Golf Course club house.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The old saying is that the most important thing for real estate is location, location, and location. Our home has location and offers an easy short walk to the beach to enjoy sunning, walking, shelling or just watching dolphins play. 26 miles of bicycle paths are accessed just a block away with our four bikes provided with our home. Our home has one of the best views on Sanibel with our yard backing to the Sanibel River and Beach View Golf course beyond. The seclusion of our back yard and pool area is amazing with total privacy in the pool and while sunning on the pool deck. The Beach View Club house with public golf is just two blocks away
- Primary: +1 6128193229 Central Time
Welcome to our home...enjoy the tropical heated pool and amazing view!!!
Living Room with 46 inch HD LED TV with DVR and comfy seating!!!
Large eat in dining area seats six, laundry room is on the left
Another Florida Room angle, the view of the tropical back yard & pool is amazing
Enormous master bath with his and her vanities and dual shower heads
Our third bedroom is equipped with two twin beds
The Laundry Room has update large capacity washer and dryer and storage!
Secluded heated pool max 6 foot depth with jacuzzi jets on sitting bench
Back view of our home, pool, deck with a high top table for 4 & screened porch.
Welcome to our home!
Enjoy the dolphins which you see often just blocks away!
Sunrise on Sanibel within walking distance of our house
The lush tropical back yard overlooks the Sanibel River and the golf course
Cottage style kitchen w/granite counters and fully equipped with every need
Bright and colorful Florida Room that leads to the screen enclosed porch
Master Bedroom has a comfortable king bed and 42 inch LCD HD TV
Our bright and cheery Guest Bedroom has a comfortable queen an 32 inch LCD TV
The Guest Bath is fully updated with beautiful tile and a large walk in shower!
The screen enclosed porch overlooks the pool and has a table for six
The pool and pool deck have plenty of room for family fun and sun!
Rear view of our home & very private tropical yard from our river sitting area!
A very large live shell we found on a beach walk near our home, no live shelling
The famous Sanibel Lighthouse
Sanibel offers a wide variety of great birdwatching & beautiful sunsets!
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeHouse
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
- Response time Within an hour
- Response rate 90%
- Calendar last updated 10/12/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.