The Ultimate Cabin Experience!
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
You are looking at one of the best-kept secrets in Colorado! Just 5 miles from Blackhawk and Central City. It is a must to read my guest book below and hear all the amazing things previous guests have said about their stay.
Solid Log Cabin with all the amenities:
- Surrounded by National Forest, VERY Private and quiet (you could walk around naked all day and nobody would ever know!)
- Gushing Mountain Stream next to Cabin - great for your morning coffee or evening happy hour!
- 20-foot vaulted ceilings
- Fully Remodeled Kitchen and Bath
- A secret 4- mile long PRIVATE hiking trail starts 20 feet from the cabin - you'll never see another human on it!
- 1-acre of land and surrounded by national forest
- Wifi & Internet Access!
- Awesome indoor/outdoor sound system!
- Camfire Ring, Tree Hammock, & Patio Next to Stream! Gold Panning is also on-site!
- Lighting - I'm a bit of a lighting nutcase. I feel that lighting makes or breaks a space, so everything indoor and out has been done professionally and is spectacular. The proper has over 45 (!!!) outdoor landscape lighting fixtures to illuminate the entire property at night. It looks like a resort.
- (2) On property elaborate treasure hunts!! (see below for more about these)
- Beautiful Master Loft overlooking entire Cabin! Plus one main level bedroom, and a kids treehouse loft bedroom. The treehouse loft is mostly meant for kids, but its a cool place to hang out in too. Includes a twin bed, and Directv & DVD player.
- Property is located about 1 hour from Denver and it is very easy to get to - no I-70 traffic!
4-wheelers can be rented and delivered to the cabin for approx. $100/day if desired. Information is also at the cabin for local dining, casinos, guided fishing tours, grocery stores, hiking and jeep trails, etc. You can 4-wheel/ATV right off the property and into endless amounts of trails leading all the way to the Continental Divide, Winter Park, St. Mary's Glacier, and everywhere in between. There are endless amount of trails for exploring just up the road from the cabin. Golden Gate National Park is also only 15 minutes away. I can't overstate how awesome the 4-mile hiking trail is off the back of the Cabin...plan to be gone for a few hours!
Treasure! We have created two very elaborate treasure hunts for you to enjoy. One inside, and one outside (the outside one can only be done in the summer/fall of course) I encourage all ages to do it. They aren't easy, and kids will need help from their parents to figure out the clues, but its a TON of fun. We spent months putting each one together...you'll love it! And if you figure it out...there will be treasure waiting for you at the end...
Roads are plowed and maintained by the City of Black Hawk all the way to the cabin. Accessible year round. Complimentary Chocolate and Coffee are provided. Kitchen condiments, Firewood, Wood Stove Pellets are also provided. Easy check-in. A 4-digit access code will give you access for the length of your stay.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2002
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Kids LOVE the Cabin. So much to do! Read my guest book for some great comments! Kids will also love the newly constructed loft area with their own TV and DVD player, headphones, desk w/ chairs, and a twin bed. Betweent the stream and cooking smores during the campfire every night...they are in heaven. Not to mention the AWESOME Treasure Hunt on the property - takes 2 days to complete - kids will have the time of their lives!! Oh, and there's gold panning too!...moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- This is the only Cabin you can rent where you have your own, private nature trail leading straight off the back of the cabin and up the mountain! You will NEVER run into another hiker on this trail, as you travel through dense forest, moss covered rock, and pristine wilderness as you climb over 1/2 mile up the mountain ridge :) Heat Sources: Propane Furnace, Wood burning Pellet Stove and Stone Fireplace. Plus Outdoor Fire-Ring for Campfires! -DirecTV (150+ channels!) -Water Purification System -300+ Thread Count Bedding -Moen faucets/shower heads -Floor to Ceiling Windows -Beautiful Master Loft overlooking entire house! -Private 2nd Bedroom -Rustic Custom Log Cabin Furniture -(2) New Queen Size Beds + Extra Linens -Tree Hammock next to River - Phone, TV, DVD Player + DVD Library, very nice iPod Music System, Full Kitchen, Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Ice Maker, Blender, Toaster, Coffee Machine, Gas Grill (BBQ), Gold Panning, and Treasure Hunt !...moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
Satellite / Cable:
150 channels of Hi-Def DirecTV! Kids Loft also has its own satellite receiver, dvd player, and TV for the kids. Also a very nice iPod docking station (with good bass) allows you to dock any iPod or iPhone and enjoy your own music throughout the Cabin....moreless
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 3 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Computer Available:
- Filtered Water
- Free Local Calls
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone:
- Paper Towels
Parking Off Street:
On the private tree-lined 1-acre property there is probably enough room to park 8 cars. There is also a private circle drive in front of the house. Beautiful landscape lighting greets you when you arrive at night!...moreless
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Sofa Bed
- Tiled Stove
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
The wood stove is wonderful! It allows you to have a zero-maintenance fire 24/7 at the cabin! Puts out some great heat too. Wonderful ambience! Many of my guests have left my cabin and decided to buy a wood stove for themselves because they loved mine so much....moreless
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Garbage Disposal
- Ice Maker
- Beach Chairs
Deck / Patio:
A wonderful Trex deck with post lights and a beautiful backyard space for grilling, eating, having a campfire, laying in a hammock, etc. Beautiful landscape lighting is very inviting at night as well!...moreless
- Deck Furniture
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch Furniture
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 20 - Jan 5, 2017
7 night min stay
May 19 - Oct 31, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $120
• Feel free to ask if I'm running any specials! I can sometimes offer discounts for 3-6 night stays, or last minute bookings. Just ask! :)
* Please ask us for holiday rates as those may vary from the regular seasons pricing.
* A cleaning fee may be required for shorter stays. I can often waive it for full week stays.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Blackhawk, Central City, Golden Evergreen. The Cabin feels like it is in a very isolated area, yet Blackhawk/Central City is only 5 miles away. Thick forest and 100-foot tall Evergreens surround the cabin in all directions. Your own gushing stream will make you want to spend all your time outside!. There is also a 100% private 4 mile hiking trail going up the mountain for Cabin guests only! Information on dining, attractions, trails, etc. is all at the cabin. Activities: Hiking, 4-wheelers, Snowmobiles, Fishing, Campfires, Skiing (Eldora Ski Area), Gambling, Shopping, Restaurants, Wildlife Viewing, Cross-Country Skiing, and Sledding... or just Relaxing!
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: I purchased the property in 2002. It was never listed publicly... a friend was selling it. I had NO idea what I was going to do with it...I just knew it was so special I couldn't let it go or I would always regret it :-)
Why the Owner Chose Black Hawk, CO, USA:
This place was like a childhood dream come true for me. Everything about it...is...perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. My wife is a real estate agent, and she's been looking in the mountains for years for another property like it for us to buy in addition, and we just can't find anything like this one. Its so special in that it has the river, ultimate privacy, the true 'log' home feel, big & open, no neighbors, the private hiking trail, surrounded by national forest, etc. Its not hard to find most of those...but getting all of them in 1 property without spending $2M is not easy.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
This Cabin is a labor of love for me and my family. We constantly upgrade it without hesitation. Because we use it so much ourselves...its so worth spending $ on to make it better. I've had families that have stayed here every year for the last 10 years, and its really fun upgrading it for them too so there is always something new to enjoy :) You can just feel the love that went into making this property an experience when you are there, and its not just the grandiose things, its the finest minute details that we think help make your stay here magical. No effort has been spared to make this the most amazing visit that we possibly can for you. The compliments and endless thank you's I get from my guests warm my heart and motivate me even to make everyone's stay special.
- Primary: 720 275-0441 Anytime
- Secondary: + 3039039743
Georgous Great Room! 20-foot vaulted ceiling + Hi-Def TV w/ HD Directv DVR!
All Stainless Steel brand new kitchen w/ custom lighting.
Have Happy Hour or your morning coffee next to the River! :)
Free Internet Access...the desk provides a great place to mapquest your travels
Wood burning stove fireplace and custom LED lighting.
Kids Treehouse Loft area upstairs - a great hangout for kids, w/ Directv and DVD
Snow falling in the winter is breathtaking..amazing views
We have about 30 hummingbirds at the cabin at all times in the summer! :-D
A view from the patio by the river. The perfect place for an evening cocktail!
The Cabin is as beautiful as the forest that surrounds it.
Have a campfire, grill some steak on the gas grill, or lay in the hammock...
25 feet from the front door! Heaven! Awesome indoor/outdoor music system too!
Pellet Stove burns 24/7!! Its a beautiful fire! (and cozy warm!)
Mountain accents everywhere
Makes the whole room glow!
Your own lush & private 4- mile hiking trail - for Cabin guests only!
THIS is your view when you wake up, and at night the forest is illuminated!
Drone photo taken from the air right above the cabin (April 2015) - beautiful!
The visual beauty and sound of the cascading river is beyond words.
This listing was first published here in 2002.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 03, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM