Very Private House for 7+1 Pers, Tuscany/Umbria, Heated Pool, 1h to Rom/Florence
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
The country house can be rented for 2 - 7 guests plus 1 child. It is a very romantic place, wonderfully restored with organic materials and kept in the original stile of the area. A lovely garden set in the hills on the border of Tuscany and Umbria is ideal for families or small groups. Tastefully decorated & furnished with antiques from the owners aristocratic family. The 250 year old house sits on a slope and has stunning views and light breezes in hot summers. It is surrounded by old oak trees giving shade. You will find a solar heated pool, which is open from end of March to end of October, situated in a little olive grove overlooking the vineyards, with natural shade and stunning views.The panorama pool is completely private. The 8 ha estate is owned by a Countess, who produces the estate's own biological wine & olive oil, she lives in a separate part of the house and looks after her guests, if there is a request for it. On the grounds around the antic house you can enjoy the breathtaking views over the superb Umbrian/ Tuscan countryside. The exceptional location will give you enough opportunities to relax & dream or sight seeing. Next town is the medieval city Cittá della Pieve and Monteleone di Orvieto.
further activities: Umbria is beautiful all year round. Each and every month of the year has its very own charm and quality, its colors, scents and sounds. The people of Umbria are still very much in tune with a rhythm given by nature itself.
Within the medieval boundary walls of the town, you‘ll find plenty of witnesses of a turbulent and rich history. Numerous shops, cafes and restaurants inviting you for a stroll or remain and watch the busy life in the streets.
The personal touch and extraordinary friendliness of the people of Città della Pieve, surely contribute to the special charm of the town. The Italian spoken in this area, is said to be one of the clearest and most beautiful in the country. No doubt, you will enjoy your holiday here and in no time it will feel like a home away from home.
Services: Helpful owner-caretaker in separate part of the building, garden, lawn & pool maintenance. Maid service extra, (Sat & mid-week). Weekly change of linen & towels. Services upon request: Additional maid service, local cook/chef, catering, organization of special events. Facilities: DSL/Wi-Fi access outdoor/indoor internet access.
Natural Air-conditioning. Some windows with fly nets, Fireplace. Satellite TV, stereo CD-Player. Central heating. Fully-equipped kitchen: dishwasher, fridge, freezer, stove, oven, toaster, coffee machine. Washing machine, hair dryer, anti-allergenic mattresses. Iron & ironing-board, cot, high chair. Private pool 10x5m/ 1,30 m deep, with sun-lounger’s, table & chairs. Shower and bathroom at the Pool, towels are provided.
Gazebo, Pergola, BBQ & furnished with dining table & chairs, veranda with cosy armchairs.
We give no discounts in high season! Please do not hesitate to ask for a reduction for smaller groups.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2005
- 230 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- The house has an natural air-conditioned roof and it keeps the rooms cool in summer and warm in winter. Indoor shutters easy to close and open. 2 large fireplaces for cool spring and autumn evenings, 1 large basket of wood is included for each fireplace. Master bedroom with terrace 2 single or 1 double , Yellow bedroom with 2 single or 1 double, Bathroom with 5 windows, bathtub, shower, double basins, bidet, Large Kitchen with fireplace, dishwasher, fridge/deep freeze, 4 gas flamed stove, electric oven, table for 8 guests. The Sitting room has 3 sofas, fireplace, sat TV, internet connection, CD/radio player, Red bedroom 1 double or 2 single, green bedroom 1 single bed. sharing bathroom with next door bedroom All beds have daun covers for the winter, in mid season woolen blankets, in summer cotton covers. each person has it´s own blanket. each guest has 2 towels, plus pool towel. Hairdryer and adapting plugs are in each bathroom. each room has 1 window with fly shield...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- All bathrooms are very modern and large rooms suited in an newly built in an old fashioned tower, they are all large with a lot of windows. Central heating. In winter heated towels. 3 bathrooms in the house 1 outside, top floor - Toilet, Bathtub with Shower, Bidet, 2 basins, Bathroom next to livingroom, with walkin shower, Toilet, Bidet, 1 basin, next to red room downstairs, shower, basin, toilet, Poolhouse - Outdoor Shower, Changing room, WC All bathrooms are very modern in an old fashioned tower. Very large with a lot of windows. Central heating, In winter heated towels....moreless
- The house has an natural air-conditioned roof and it keeps the rooms cool in summer and warm in winter. Indoor shutters easy to close and open. 2 large fireplaces for cool spring and autumn evenings, 1 basket of wood is included for each fireplace. If you come and stay in winter you will find a warm house welcoming you. Modern central heating and very good isolation of windows. Assistance: Maid service is optional and has to be booked before arrival. Weekly change of linen & towels, toilet paper for the first days are in the house. Services upon request NOT included in the rental price: cook, maidservice, babysitter, arrival dinner, first shopping, chauffeur, airport pick-up, central heating, 1 large basquet of firewood is free. There is an extra charge on events. Painting classes, we can organize a professional teacher, most of the guests have enjoyed the landscape water color or oil painting. see more photos on facebook.com/stephanie.ortenburg Visits to the nearby natural Spa at San Casiano dei Bagni (20 min.) Bathe in warm, restorating pools,and feel the massage of water jets that generate your energy....moreless
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
x-mas, heating not included
Dec 17 - Jan 8, 2017
7 night min stay
solar heated pool/ 4 guests
Apr 1 - May 19, 2017
7 night min stay
spring 4 guests
May 20 - Jun 24, 2017
7 night min stay
summer 7 pers.+1 child
Jun 25 - Aug 26, 2017
7 night min stay
summer 7+1 guest
Aug 27 - Sep 30, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $320.00
- No additional mandatory fees
Money transfer and credit card fees have to be paid by the renter.
Heating per day € 50,00 per full house, Half house Euro 30,00
Deposit by arrival € 300,00
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The House is situated on the hills near Tuscany 311 slm, between Monteleone d´Orvieto and Città della Pieve, near Montepulciano, Montalcino Cetona, San Casciano de Bagni (hot springs), Orvieto, the wildlife isles of Alviano and Montepulciano, near Chiusi, an Etruscan town. By train ( 10 min. to station ) you reach Rome and Florence within 1 1/2 h. To the seaside in Toscany, Santo Stefano and Monte Agentario it is ca. 90 km, it is a lovely cultural and panoramic road. The Lago Bolsena a very clean vulcanic lake and is easy to reach shortly after Orvieto. Which is situated like and island on a highplateau, it is the most important Etruscan town in Italy and has a very beautiful Dom with frescos.
Perugia, Assisi, Montefalco, Siena and Arezzo ( Anticmarket ) are to reach in ca. 40 min. Lago di Trasimeno is very near and you can take a boot to the islands and enjoy delicious fish restaurants.
Many events in summer like jazz Festival or the Paglio in Cittá della Pieve are worth a visit.
Other Activities: Riding, painting lessons, swimming in hot springs, sightseeing, childrens playground!
Golf: Golf: In spring and autumn you will find the ideal conditions to play golf in this area. The countryside is very beautiful and staying in a comfortable house and go golfing during the day is an ideal holiday. For out of season we give special prices, please inquire directly.
CASTELFALFI: ca. 30min away.
GOLF CLUB LAMBORGHINI:
GOLF CLUB PERUGIA:
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: I have bought a farm ruin in 2000 and now I am renting the house to everyone who likes to spend their holidays in a beautiful house in Umbria. The locating is fantastic, 90 km from Rome and Florence on the Autostrada di SOLE. I love living here and to have interesting, fun guests.
Why the Owner Chose Città della Pieve, Perugia, Italy:
The house is very privately set, but close to the A1 Autostrada di Sole. You can reach the property easily from Rom and Florence. The trainstation is 10 min. away from the grounds. I have nice neighbours, but not to close. The property is 8 ha large and has lovely olivetrees and vines. In the large garden are very big old oak trees and there are lovely views.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
The house has an air ventilated roof that is like a natural air-condition. By restoring an old farm house the character of the buildings in the 18th century has been maintained and we left many typical Umbrian details. The garden has wonderful big old trees and special plants..
- Primary: +39 3470083715 mobil phone
- Secondary: +39 3470083715
Links to more information:
The Villa in sunset light.
Top floor bedroom with it´s panorama terrace
Heated pool 10x5 m and 1.00 - 1.60m deep
Kitchen: dishwasher, elec.oven, 4 gasflames, large fridge, freezer, fireplace,
Villa Cerqualto set among wines and olive groves bordering Umbria and Tuscany
large bathroom with magnificent views
single bedroom with direct exit to garden
livingroom with fireplace, middle floor, sofabed
solar heated pool with fantastic view over country side
Medieval, nearby town Citta della Pieve, shops, banks, super Restaurants, bars
owners terrace where you can order a dinner or come for drinks and a chat.
2nd floor private bedroom terrace
cozy pergola with BBQ, for served / self cooked meals, swing and out door games
pool with great views 10x5m deep 1,60
kitchen terrace leading to the garden, perfect for cocktails + enjoy the views
Lot´s of peaceful corner to relax, paint, sleep.....
Villa Cerqualto ( high oak) in the morning sun
1rst floor bathroom, with walk-in shower
dinner prepared for YOU
view from the Villa to Monteleone d`Orvieto, 10 min. drive excellent Restaurant
View from the house to the Monte Cetona
Booked dinners at the owners terrace
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM