Retreat to the country on a scenic hill country farm and enjoy the comforts of the recently renovated, 3 bedroom farm cottage.
The warm, sunny house is a great place to come back to after a day on the mountain. Located 40 mins from Turoa Ski Area and 55 mins from Whakapapa Ski Area. 10 minutes from Raetihi and 20 from Ohakune. Enjoy your evenings in front of a roaring log fire, soak in the luxurious claw bath or sip wine on the veranda overlooking the garden alive with native bird life.
By prior arrangement whilst booking you can arrange a tour of the sheep and beef farm. This may involve:
- A motorbike trip to the top of the property (920mtrs above sea level) to admire the amazing vista of the Waimarino Plateau and, on a clear day, stunning views of the three major North Island volcanoes
- A demonstration of the dog team’s skills mustering sheep
- A visit through the ancient 50 metre lime stone cave - in which glow worms are often visible
However the rural setting doesn’t mean you have forego the comforts of home. SKY TV (including SKY Sport and SKY Movies) is available for your enjoyment. There is also prepaid wifi available for purchase.
Other attractions in the area include:
- “The Bridge to Nowhere” tours
- Kayaking and jet boating on the Whanganui River
- The Old Coach Road walk and cycle-way
- Brown and Rainbow trout fishing on the Manganuioteao River
- Golfing at the Waimarino Golf Course
- Hiking the Tongaririo Crossing
- Wall climbing at National Park
Single night bookings can be booked for $200. Please contact us using the enquiry form below.
Extras: Linen (included); NOTE: Under Kiwi bach tradition you are expected to: Clean the house and do the dishes before you leave;