Waterline ~~~~~~~ A unique historic residence that actually sits on poles over calm harbour waters. Built in the 1880's using local native timber. Unobstructed views and direct access to Hokianga Harbour. Watch the tide come and go. Relax, BBQ, fish and swim off your own private deck.
Waterline is a stand-alone holiday home that is wholly yours to enjoy. Perfect for couples and comfortably accommodates up to 4 people.
Waterline is a very spacious open-plan studio, styled with collectable mid-century furnishings. It includes a lounge/dining area, king-single bed and a separate curtained L-cove for the main queen bed. A second single bed is available on request. All beds have water views. Electric blankets provided. The cottage has airconditioning/heat pump for cooling and heating.
The private over-water deck with BBQ has ample space for entertaining and includes a hot outdoor shower and rustic bath. Waterline has a fully equipped dine-in kitchen (commercial-style) with Nespresso machine. It has a large contemporary bathroom with shower. The residence comes with fast unlimited wifi, bluetooth speakers, Freeview TV and Netflix.
Kohukohu has a vibrant local community, including many artists and musicians. Walk to galleries, historic churches, cafe, takeaways, pub, general store and op-shop. Stroll quiet streets to explore the heritage buildings of the village. Nearby is a boat ramp and wharf. Quiet streets for cycling and close to the Twin Coast Cycle Trail. Waterline is a 5 minute drive (4km) from the vehicle ferry that sails to Rawene.
Kohukohu is on the popular Twin Coast Discovery Highway and is an ideal base for exploring sub-tropical Northland. The village is about an hours drive from the Bay of Islands, Opononi/Omapere beaches, sand dune surfing, the majestic Kauri trees in Waipoua Forest and Ninety Mile Beach.
- 2 night minimum required. 3 night minimum required for Easter weekend, ANZAC Day weekend, Labour weekend, and summer peak period 20/12/19-30/01/20.
- Check-in 3pm, check-out 11am.
- Standard rate includes accommodation, cleaning and towels/linen for up to 2 guests. $10 additional fee per person per night for a 3rd and 4th guest.
- 15% discount for 7 nights or more.
- 10% discount for returning guests (when enquiring tell us when you last stayed and the quote will be amended).