We are located at 12A Tarewa Rd within walking distance to Rotorua Lake Front, Aquatic Centre and right next to Kuirau Park, a family orientated reserve. There are picnic tables and a playground at Kuirau Park, with a local market being held every Saturday morning. Nearby attractions include the agrodome, zorb, rainbow springs and the gondolas.
We offer clean and tidy accommodation with all essentials provided and parking spaces on site. The property has a unique hot geothermal spring that supplies hot water and thermal heating to the house.
Traditionally this hot spring was used by the local families of the area for cooking, a practice that is continued on special whanau (family) gatherings. This spring has been used for hundreds of years and is unique to the property.
The Maori village of Ohinemutu is a short walk where Tama-te-Kapua marae (Maori meeting house) and St Faith’s Anglican Church are located.
There is also the Kuirau Park foot baths (not suitable for bathing) only 400 meters from the property, where you can soak your feet after a day of fun filled activities.
We are located close to a dairy, bakery and takeaways on the corner of Tarewa and Lake Rd (1-minute walk).
Kuirau Park is also used for weddings/photos and other family events and is a popular destination for tourists visiting geothermal activity with no costs involved.
- BYO bed linen and towels OR pressed sheets, pillowcases and towels supplied at $10 per person, per stay.
- Duvet inners, covers, pillows and tea towels are supplied as part of the stay.
- Guests children 2 years and younger stay FREE. (maximum x 2)
- Please be HONEST with the number of guests staying at Kuirau House, to avoid an embarrassing situation and additional charges to your stay.
- No parties or social activities that may disturb neighbours
- General cleaning is done by guests.
- Please remove shoes before entering the house.
- Maximum of 6 people per stay.
Duvet inners, covers, pillows andamp; tea towels are supplied as part of stay. BYO bed linen andamp; towels OR pressed sheets, pillow cases andamp; towels supplied at $10 per person, per stay.
Guests children 2 years andamp; younger stay FREE. (maximum x 2)
Extras: Linen and Towels (Optional, NZ$10.00 per person); NOTE: Under Kiwi bach tradition you are expected to: Clean the house and do the dishes before you leave; Bring your own linen (towels/sheets/tea towels);