Thank you for visiting the listing of Newfound Cottage!!
●● Wedding venues ●●
• Claxton Farm ... 34 minutes
• Lodge at Bear River ... 48 minutes
• Yesterday Spaces ... 15 minutes
■■ WINTER RESERVATIONS - Dec., Jan., Feb., AND MARCH ....
.... Four-wheel drive is suggested pending/anticipating snow but is not required to rent.
.... Because the cottage is located 1/2 mile on the side of a mtn., we suggest winter guests check our zip code  no more than 3-4 days prior to arrival to check for predictions and/or accummulation of snow. And if there are, drive a four-wheel drive, bring food with them, and plan to stsy at the cottage for their own safety.
■■ SHEETS AND TOWELS ARE NOT PROVIDED TO GROUPS OF 3 OR MORE STAYING ONLY 2 NIGHTS
... Because my rates cover up to 6 people, and all other amenities [hot tub, fireplace] and supplies [propane for grill and gas log stove, wood, etc., for fireplace, and loads other provisions] are provided, there's no discount for not supplying sheets or towels.
■■ RESERVATIONS ARE PAID IN FULL.
■ Pool is open Memorial day - Labor day
■ POOL IS 330' DOWN FROM THE COTTAGE
.... unlike staying at a hotel or going to a community pool, you have our pool all to yourselves. We do not use the pool when occupied by our guests. And we have found that our guests and my family are able to use it privately at different times of the day. The pool is located at our house for ease of upkeep and because it had to be a certain distance from the cottage's septic field.
■■ DESCRIPTIVE PARAGRAPH ■■
Newfound Cottage is located west of Asheville in Leicester in the community of Newfound on Newfound Rd. Once you take the Newfound Road exit and start your 5.7 miles to our driveway, you can easily see the incredible valley as you come down Newfound Mtn. There's no other area in WNC that presents such a view upon entrance as the area of Newfound. And houses in our community are acres apart, not 20' from each other. Newfound Cottage is only 8.7 miles from the Asheville City Limits [via in-town roads] and only 20 minutes to downtown Asheville [via in-town roads]. This particular piece of mountainside is a 136 acre privately owned family farm, owned by my family for 45 years. The drive up to the cottage is 1/2 a mile long, so you can't see the cottage from the main road. We, the owners, live on this mountainside as well. Our private residence is 2 acres from the cottage. We're here to be helpful, keep up our cottage and property to our high standards, but you have complete privacy. We don't boast a grand view from the cottage, because it's setting offers the peace 'n quiet afforded by mountain wilderness. The cottage is the last structure on our mountain, so there's complete seclusion on the back deck of the cottage with the hot tub and outdoor fireplace. Then the onsite hiking is available if you'd like to get out, stretch your legs, and see exactly what you have heard other visitors to this area say about being in the mountains. Visiting us in Summer means you also have a swimming pool only 330' down from the cottage. Just because the pool isn't physically attached to the cottage doesn't mean you won't be able to use it privately. We have found it very easy for our guests and our family to use the pool at completely different times of day so everyone gets to use the pool privately. Besides the onsite hiking, hot tub, outdoor fireplace and swimming pool, the cottage offers 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with 2 of those being suites - one is on the main, the other upstairs. The 3rd bedroom upstairs has one half wall behind the headboard of the bed making an open space allowing the heat and air-conditioning to enter the space [see photo of 3rd bedroom] - we've never had guests have any problems with that architectural detail of the cottage. We have had guests with aging parents, small children as well as teenagers, find the accommodations at Newfound Cottage to be great due to the comfortable main floor accommodations and private upstairs, while the main floor has an open concept where everyone can socialize. While offering onsite hiking, hot tub, outdoor fireplace, and swimming pool, 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, the nightly rates reflect the 1400 sq. ft. size of the house. We offer the high-end amenities some other more expensive vacation rentals do, but at much lower rates taking into consideration the size of the house. Come stay at the best vacation rental with the best amenities with the most reasonable rates in the mountains of western North Carolina .... Newfound Cottage!!
■■ Distances/Times ■■
▪ 8.7 miles Asheville City Limits
▪ 5.7 miles off of I-40
▪ 10 minutes to Ingles grocery store
▪ 10 minutes to The Crest Center
▪ 10 minutes to Sonic, Pizza Hut Express, Zaxby's, McDonald's, Arby's, Dunkin Donuts, Subway, [locally owned] Papa's Pizza, [locally owned] Asian Wok
▪ 15 minutes to Burger King, Firehouse subs [Patton Ave.]
▪ 15 minutes miniature golf [open in spring & summer - Patton Ave.]
▪ 20 minutes downtown Asheville
▪ 20 minutes to Applebee's, IHOP, Cracker Barrell, Arby's, Fatz Cafe, Wendy's, (another) Burger King [Smokey Park Hwy.]
▪ 25 minutes Biltmore Estate [south of Asheville]
▪ 25 minutes to Asheville Municipal Golf Course [is the closest golf course - south of Asheville]
▪ 25 minutes to Southern Waterways rafting/kayaking [Amboy Road]
▪ 30 minutes Blue Ridge Parkway [entrance on Brevard Rd.]
▪ 45 minutes to Wolf Laurel Ski Resort [north of Asheville]
▪ The Lodge at Bear Creek River wedding venue [north of Asheville in Madison County]
▪ 45 minutes to WNC Agricultural Center [south of Asheville]
▪ 45 minutes to Asheville Regional Airport [south of Asheville]
■■ LIST OF PROVISIONS: ■■
[1 per guest] ... washcloth, hand towel, bath towel, beach towel [for use at hot tub and/or pool]
● starter paper products:
1 roll of toilet paper [per bathroom]
1 roll of paper towels [for kitchen]
● wood/kindling/butane torch/Firestarter
... for outdoor fireplace
● propane ... for gas grill
● propane ... to heat pool
● kitchen provisions:
dishcloths, dish towels, scrub sponge/brushes, coffee, filters, sugar, non-dairy creamer, tea bags, hot chocolate, salt, pepper and spices
● bathrooms provisions:
bath mats, hand held mirror, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair dryers, liquid hand soaps, first aid supplies/cotton balls/cotton swabs
● laundry detergent
● dishwashing detergent
● trash bags
● extra pillows
● movies for DVD player
● toys, games, books and magazines
● cleaning supplies if you need them to wipe up a spill