The charming “Villa San Martino” is part of a former convent dating back to the 17th century which was purchased by the great-grandfather of the present owner and converted for the family. The unusual interior shows clearly that 3 generations of architects have left their mark here. The harmonious combination of antique furniture, old ceiling and wall paintings and modern design lend the ambience a unique character. On the one hand you will find Philippe Starck bathrooms, on the other you can lay your head on the historical „Cardinals Bed“. The approx. 250 m² living area extends over the entire ground floor and the first floor. In total it comprises a approx. 40 m² living hall with floor to ceiling panorama sliding-doors, a dining-room with fire-place, a separate eat-in-kitchen, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a guest W.C. The spacious terraced garden has various levels with several different relaxation areas in which to read, sunbathe or simply enjoy the wonderful view of the lake. The approx. 3 m x 3 m x 1,30 m hexagonal refreshment pool (open from 01.06. to 30.08.) with its own spring is situated just beneath the sun-terrace and a real treat on hot days. For those wishing to be a little more active, the area provides a network of wonderful walking and hiking tracks and a golf-course, 3 km further up in Premeno. There is a public swimming pool ca. 1 km away and a ten-minute car drive will take you to Intra with its restaurants and shops, public beach and bathing place, and lake-side promenade. In the upper part of the house there is a small appartment which is only used occasionally and will not detract from your privacy. One parking space is available within the grounds and directly beside the entrance gate there are also gratis public parking spaces.
Division of the house:
- Ground floor:
• Living hall (approx. 40 m²) with SAT-TV, panorama sliding door and access to the terrace
• Dining room (approx. 16 m²) with mural paintings and beautiful view of the lake
• Fireplace room with seating accomodation for 8 persons and access to the terrace (fireplace only for decoration)
• Very well-equipped eat-in kitchen with dishwasher and access to the terrace
• 1st bathroom with shower and window
• Guest W.C.
• Storage room with washing machine
• Sunny terrace (approx. 150 m²) with awning and breathtaking view of the lake
• Terraced garden (approx. 1.800 m²) with palms, wisterias, camellias and approx. 3 m x 3 m x 1,30 m hexagonal refreshment pool
- 1st floor:
• Corridor with vanity, wash basin and access to the balcony
• 1st bedroom with 2 single beds which may be placed together and access to the balcony
• 2nd bedroom with “Cardinals Bed” (one mattress), fireplace (only for decoration) and window with fantastic view of the lake
• 3rd bedroom (walk-through room) with 2 single beds which may be placed together and window with fantastic view of the lake
• 4th bedroom with 2 single beds which may be placed together with access to the balcony
• 2nd attractive and modern bathroom (en suite to the 1st bedroom) with shower, bidet and window
• 3rd attractive and modern bathroom with bath tub with shower device, bidet and window
• Covered balcony (approx. 20 m²) with breathtaking view of Pallanza, the lake and the terraced garden
Arizzano (on the sunny slopes of Intra approx. 5 km from the lake): The area is has an extensive network of walking and hiking tracks and numerous opportunities to enjoy cultural and leisure activities and sport. The well-know towns of Intra and Pallanza are in the direct vicinity. The market and the most attractive old town-centre in Intra are renowned. From here you can take the car-ferry to Laveno on the opposite side of the lake. Pallanza has Roman origins and boasts a long and picturesque lake-side promenade with attractive restaurants, cafes and shops. The Botanical Gardens of the Villa Taranto cover an area of approx. 20 hectares. Here you will find more than 20.000 plant species, with many rare varieties from every corner of the world. The internationally renowned holiday locations such as Ascona, Locarno, Baveno and Stresa, the Borromean Islands and Lake Orta are within 30 minutes driving distance.
|Refundable damage deposit||$320|
- Bettwäsche für € 10,- pro Person
- Handtücher für € 5,- pro Person
- Nur wohlerzogene Hunde sind gestattet
Die o.g. Preise beziehen sich auf eine Belegung bis 8 Personen.
Bei einer Belegung bis 6 Personen erhalten Sie einen Preisnachlass in Höhe von € 20,- pro Nacht, bei einer Belegung bis 4 Personen erhalten Sie einen Preisnachlass in Höhe von € 40,- pro Nacht.