Cosy flat near Sellin with flat, fixed flat rate and Wi-Fi.
- english, german
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
2 Betten nebeneinander 180 x 80 cm
Max guests:4 (sleeps up to 2 adults)
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Seedorf is located south of Neuensien. The development of both places goes into each other. The town stretches along the western shore of Lanckener Bek connecting the northern Neuensiener lake with the Having as part of the Baltic Sea. The place is a natural harbor, which is used today mainly touristy.
An access road for motor traffic, there are only about Neuensien. In Seedorf, the road ends. For pedestrians and cyclists there is a bridge over the Lancker Bek towards Preetz and Burtevitz. Other trails lead to the south and east towards Moritz village.
The area of today Seedorf with its location on the incurred in the last ice age Strömmungsrinne Lancker Bek was suitable in a special way for the shipbuilding industry. On behalf of Count Friedrich zu Putbus built 1782, the ship master carpenter Jakob Jantzen Lundberg from Pruchten in Barth at this point a seaworthy ship.
In a reorganization of land ownership of the house of Putbus, which included the area of Seedorf, in 1809 his son, Prince Wilhelm Malte zu Putbus certain that the area for the settlement of fishermen and sailors is maintained.
1812 was first mentioned in the baptismal register of the village church Seedorf Lancken-Granitz. During the Napoleonic wars the Swedish fleet Seedorf used as a natural harbor for the handling of troops and supplies transports.
In order to facilitate the loading and unloading of ships berthing in Seedorf fastened to the harbor with a bulwark. It also harbor fees were introduced. With the advent of seaside tourism in the seaside resorts and the harbor has undergone a rebirth. Since 1885, Seedorf was regular station of the steamboat lift, which from Lauterbach to Mönchgut, so the bathers reached their destination via Seedorf drove. The need for the construction of the then newly created Hotels Building Materials were handled with barges on Seedorf. With the introduction of the narrow-gauge railway Orlando Furioso but lost this economic importance of the port in Seedorf.
1861 Karl David looks, the son of a pilot from Mönchgut, and Joachim Christian Krüger, boatbuilders from Sellin founded, each a yard in Seedorf. While Looksche shipyard was only until 1863, the Krügersche shipyard acquired a good reputation nationwide. Seedorf has been a significant location for the shipbuilding industry in the Baltic region. With the advent of iron steamships but got the be built according to traditional crafts Krügersche yard behind. In 1912, Moritz Koldevitz buys from Binz the shipyard. The main focus is shifting towards a sawmill and construction operations. Nevertheless continue to arise even new ships. 1924 gives the gaff schooner Prince Franz zu Putbus and last ship in 1925 Galeasse Seedorf.
Seedorf was also a long time residence of sailors. Which was founded in 1892 Seedorfer Schiffer were among 30 club captains. Since 1897 in Seedorf, introduced by the brothers Behrendt from Fuhlendorf at Barth, known the tradition of folk pleasure of Tonnenabschlagens.
In 1906, the bridge over the Lancker Bek by the Greifswald Spruth company was built. As part of a regional reorganization Seedorf became the first January 1962 with Altensien, Moritzdorf and Neuensien incorporated to Sellin.
Due to its scenic location set back from the major seaside resorts an offbeat tourism has developed. There are several small restaurants and accommodation facilities. For the townscape and the economy is well frequented mainly by recreational harbor Seedorf important.