- english, german
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Fantastic location on a tree-lined street in southwest Berlin. Photos don’t do justice to the apartment. Close to Mexikoplatz S-Bahn station, cafes, restaurants, and Schlachtensee. We look forward to staying again!
Everything was great! Location, owner very helpful, having the lake in walking distance is super.
The apt is very comfortable and spacious, lots of light. Nice to have the deck to relax outside and enjoy the view of the trees. Overall very good choice!
Quiet and spacious, yet within easy reach of central Berlin
This was a quiet, spacious, airy and very clean apartment with everything as described. It was easy to get into central Berlin from the Mexikoplatz S bahn station on the S1 line only a couple of minutes walk away, yet there was no train noise at all in the apartment.
There are several restaurants at Mexikoplatz and a large REWE supermarket a short walk or one stop away on the train (Schlachtensee).
The owners were very helpful and friendly, even emailing us information about train connections from the airport to the apartment before we arrived. Their excellent English meant that our lack of German didn't cause any problems.
We stayed with our 2 children (ages 6 and 4). For younger children, the apartment has a cot, high chair, children's plastic plates, cups and cutlery. If you are bringing a pushchair or pram, be aware that the apartment is on the 2nd floor without a lift.
No issues with wifi speed.
Thank you for a lovely stay in Berlin!
Tolle Lage - S-Bahn-nah und ruhig
Die Wohnung ist groß und gut ausgestattet mit allem, was man für einen kurzen Aufenthalt benötigt.
Die Lage ist sehr gut, in der Nähe zum Mexikoplatz (S-Bahn) und dennoch sehr ruhig.
Ein bißchen schade war, dass die Betten sehr laut geknarzt haben und die Matratzen unterschiedlich gute Qualität hatten.
Tolle Wohnung im schönen Zehlendorf
Tolle Wohnung direkt am Mexikoplatz! Sehr sauber und schöne Aufteilung. Die Vermieterin sehr sehr nett und hilfsbereit. Danke für eine schöne Zeit!
Hell und sauber
bessere Kissen waeren wuenschenswert
• You can go shopping in S.- Station Mexikoplatz at the vegetable stall, organic meat at Neuland - Butcher or baked goods in one of the three bakeries. There is also an exclusively stocked chocolate shop, as well as a small wine shop and an Italian deli with lunch.
• Saturday is before the suburban train market with fresh food, on Sundays from time to time artist market.
• The Zehlendorfers do their daily shopping in the Emperor's supermarket in the Argentinische Allee (15 minutes on foot or 2 stops by bus) or the city center of Zehlendorf with the S-Bahn one stop to Zehlendorf.
• Several doctors' offices and a pharmacy can be found on and around the Mexikoplatz, hospitals are about 2 km away
• Dining nearby: La Gondola Due on Mexicoplatz, Asado Steakhouse, both within walking distance. By car or bus, you can find all popular styles such as Indian, Spanish, American, Japanese, French, Croatian, etc. nearby. Leaflets are in the apartment.
• Go swimming in summer: The Schlachtensee, a (free) lake with restaurants and boat rentals, can be reached in about 10 minutes on foot over the Limastr., Also popular with joggers with a circumference of about 5.5 km.
• Strandbad Wannsee, the traditional and largest inland sand beach in Europe. S-Bahn station Nikoassee. From there about 300 m walk.
S-Bahn Wannsee, 3 stops. There, the shipping fleet starts with the 7-Seenfahrt or over Havel and Spree at the Chancellery over by the whole city by ship.
• Playgrounds: A nice playground is located in Matterhornstr., The extension of Kaunstr. via the Lindenthaler Alle, on foot about 15 minutes, on the left side. The walk will take you past beautiful old villas.
• In the vicinity there are three embassies and the Art Nouveau built S-Bahn station Mexikoplatz (150 m distance), which according to the plans of the architect Gustav Hart on 1. November 1904 was built with the emblem of the royal Prussian railway administration. From there, you can take the S-Bahn or the bus to Potsdamer Platz, Friedrichstraße and Brandenburg Gate or Olympiastadion, Messe and Zoologischer Garten, Ku'Damm Gedächtniskirche, Siegessäule, Tiergarten and Hauptbahnhof.
The Grunewald and the lake landscape from the Wannsee to Potsdam and over the Havel to the center of the city offer hiking, boat hiking and water sports, with which you can hardly count in a vibrant city. Anyone who has seen this is not going to agree that Berlin was worth the trip.