The Villa Sophia - Romantic Honeymoon Spa Retreat(62 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Villa, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2)
***Please inquire before making a "BOOKING REQUEST" for stays of LESS THAN 3 NIGHTS. We can't always do stays of less than 3 nights.***
*** Please inquire before making a "BOOKING REQUEST" for FILM OR PHOTO SHOOTS. (pricing is $150/hour for 4 people, $25/hour for each add. person) ***
The 750 sq. ft. GUEST HOUSE, is situated on the garden grounds of a large 1927 Mediterranean estate, rests securely above 15' walls and high atop a Los Feliz hilltop. Bright, sunny and spacious it overlooks large emerald tile pool to view of downtown Los Angeles skyline and city lights. Mountains and ocean visible from property. Villa located on a cul-de-sac. Completely private, secluded and tranquil. Located in the celebrity-filled hills of the exclusive Los Feliz neighborhood.
Spa-like GUEST HOUSE built in 2003 has massive stone fireplace,10' venetian plaster walls, surfaces of limestone, tile, marble and stone. Deluxe master bath with huge stone/marble steam shower room. Water closet with toilet and bidet. Brand new surround sound system. Separate entrance with exclusive use of 500 sq. ft. covered grotto sitting area made of ancient terra cotta tiles. EXCLUSIVE USE of entire rear yard lawn and garden, POOL, HOT TUB and additional 500 sq. ft. of outdoor patios
Location: The Villa is situated next to Griffith Park, the largest municipal and urban wilderness area in the United States with many walking and hiking trails. The Park is the home of the Los Angeles Zoo, four Golf Courses, the Greek Theater, the Griffith Observatory, the Autry Museum, horseback riding, public tennis courts, bicycle rental, pony rides, camping, picnic areas, swimming pool, athletic fields etc. Two Frank Lloyd Wright museums, the Hollyhock House and the Ennis-Brown House (by appointment) and Richard Neutra's most famous house, The Lovell House are all in the neighborhood. Walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, mail/shipping store, grocery and health food stores in Los Feliz Village center.
Coveted Photo Shoot Location: The Villa Sophia is a favorite of directors and photographers and has been used as a location for fashion photo shoots for magazines and publications including Vogue Magazine, Victoria's Secret and GQ Magazine.
Acqua di Parma Hotel Amenities: ACQUA DI PARMA amenities are provided to guests: bar soap, glycerin soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and shower gel.
The Italian luxury perfume maker's prestigious hotel amenities line is inspired by the brand's flagship scent, Colonia. Created exclusively for only the most elegant 5/7 star luxury hotels and resorts worldwide. Reminiscent of Italy, Colonia amenities have a light, fresh and crisp fragrance containing Sicilian citrus, lavender, rosemary, verbena, Bulgarian rose, sandalwood, vetiver, cedar and ylang-ylang. The line is suitable for both men and women.
Member since: 2008
- 750 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- Bright, sunny and spacious with a south facing view overlooking a large emerald tile swimming pool to a view of the downtown Los Angeles skyline and city lights. 10' tall Venetian Plaster walls, huge armoire/entertainment center, floor to ceiling custom storage cabinets and shelves, massive stone fireplace, custom hand forged iron doors, windows and sconces, limestone floors. Deluxe upholstered 'Ralph Lauren' King sized bed. All bed linens are from luxury Italian manufacturer 'Rivolta Carmignani'. Sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover are 300TC mercerized, Egyptian cotton satin. For extra guests there is an inflatable bed and linens. $75/night. In November 2010 RIVOLTA CARMIGNANI became the first company in Italy to be certified under the OEKO-TEX Standard 1000 for it's environmentally friendly and socially responsible production conditions....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Romantic spa like bathroom with double bathroom sinks made of copper, huge stone/marble shower with rain shower head, additional side mounted and hand held shower heads, double steam units with marble seating for 4, two Hammacher Schlemmer terrycloth bathrobes and HAMMACHER SCHLEMMER Turkish towels, limestone/tile floors, marble counter-tops, generous space with custom cabinets of reclaimed wood, plentiful pool and bath towels. Toilet and bidet in separate water closet. wireless waterproof shower speaker with dock transmitter. AQUA DI PARMA hotel amenities - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body cream, glycerin soap and bar soap....moreless
- Brand new surround sound stereo system, Ipod dock, DVD/CD player, Playstation, 40' flat screen TV w/ cable T.V., 488 channels. NESPRESSO machine with complimentary coffee capsules, King sized bed. hair dryer, hair straightening iron, iron and ironing board, steamer, Pilates magic circle with workout DVD, Yoga mats, blocks, strap and eye pillow, aqua fitness swim gloves, jog belt and barbells. ACQUA DI PARMA soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner and bodywash provided. Complimentary Nespresso capsules, milk, wine, bottled water. Wireless and direct connect high speed internet hub. Cell phone booster and free land-line telephone, wireless waterproof shower speaker with dock transmitter, sleep masks, printer and copy machine. Hammacher Schlemmer towels. Goown pillows and duvet. All bed linens are from luxury Italian manufacturer RIVOLTA CARMIGNANI. Sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover are 300TC mercerized, Egyptian cotton satin. Separate 500 sq. ft. tiled grotto seating area....moreless
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Nude Beach
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Course View:
- Monument View:
- Mountain View:
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Free Long Distance:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
We are near the end of a dead-end street with plenty of street parking. The Villa Sophia has no driveway as we are located 45 steps up from the street below. Please park on the uphill side of Villa....moreless
- Parking On Street
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Mini Refrigerator
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- cleaning fee $85 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 14%
Additional guests will be considered for $75/night. The guest house is large (750 sq. ft. or 70 sq. meters) but only has one king size bed. There is an inflatable bed and linens for extra guests. No other charges.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Villa is situated next to Griffith Park a U.S. historic-cultural monument and the largest municipal and urban wilderness area in the United States with many walking and hiking trails. The Park is the home of the Los Angeles Zoo, four Golf Courses, the Greek Theater, the Griffith Observatory, the Autry Museum, horseback riding, public tennis courts, bicycle rental, pony rides, camping, picnic areas, swimming pool, athletic fields etc. Two Frank Lloyd Wright museums, the Hollyhock House and the Ennis-Brown House (by appointment) and Richard Neutra's most famous house, The Lovell House are all in the neighborhood. Walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, mail/shipping store, grocery, and health food stores in Los Feliz Village center. It is also within walking distance to Roosevelt Municipal Golf Course and Vermont Canyon tennis courts
Other Activities: WITHIN 3 MILES:
Wildlife viewing, golf, tennis, shopping, basketball court, biking, hiking, L.A. Zoo, Griffith Park Observatory, architectural tours, bird watching at the L.A. River, several equestrian centers, bowling alley, ice skating rink and more...
Golf: 4 local golf courses within Griffith Park
Ski: Big Bear is approx. 100 miles from Villa Sophia
Year Purchased: 2000
About: I am a single man who lives alone in the main house. The property is big enough so that guests and owner's paths rarely cross...although I am available at all times for any reason necessary.
Why Los Feliz, Los Angeles, CA, USA:
The Villa Sophia is located in the eastern Hollywood Hills, in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles. Although you are walking distance to Los Feliz Village where you can find all the conveniences of a major city, up here in the Hills you feel as if you are in the country. The guest house faces south providing all day sunshine and the only sounds are of the birds singing, the gentle breeze blowing and the soft murmur of the fountain...
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Peace and tranquility with views, all day sunshine, ocean breezes in total luxury.
Links to more information:
The Guest House faces south across the pool towards the downtown L.A. skyline.
The view of downtown Los Angeles looking out from inside the shower/steam room
This is your private entrance and exit to the Guest House, thru the loggia.
The Villa Sophia with the Griffith Park Observatory on the next hilltop...
Luxurious but relaxed European style Villa retreat. Honeymoon Suite.
The large fireplace adds warmth to this stone and marble honeymoon spa retreat.
Private spa for two. Big spa shower room with double steam bath and rain shower.
Italian Acqua di Parma hotel amenities. #1 rated hotel amenities in the world.
Fashion photo shoot - Elle Magazine
Feel the romance of The Villa Sophia in Los Feliz. (bridal photo shoot)
Night time lighting with views of the city beyond.
These poolside club chairs are the best seats in the house. Sunrise in L. A.
Guest House with private pool, hot tub, gardens, exterior lounge, dining areas.
Authentic Tuscan villa in Los Angeles - Guest House entrance is in lower right.
This is what you see as you enter your private oasis.
Spectacular views from atop the Hollywood Hills in Los Feliz. (east view shown)
Luxury spa bathroom w double steam shower and sinks, chaise lounge, water closet
Kitchenette on the left next to water closet w bidet and toilet on the right.
Inside the master bedroom looking out. King size bed.
Entrance of The Villa Sophia in Los Angeles. Praise to Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom
Wake up to this view from bed in your tropical garden paradise. Peaceful
Outdoor dining table and grass courtyard. Peace and quiet in a classical garden
Downtown Los Angeles skyline views.
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Friday, December 09, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM