Penthouse, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 4-5)
- english, german
About Pamela Sokach
Pam and her family including her four-legged beloved Po`o have been on the islands more than 20yrs. and enjoy visitors from all over the world and are grateful to provide a safe and beautiful haven to vacation.
Pamela Sokach purchased this House in 1980
Why Pamela Sokach chose Captain Cook
This property is located in the heart of a beautiful canyon and peaceful Kealakekua Bay right out our front door. We are awaken by the bird songs and ocean breezes and we are sung to sleep with gentle surf sounds. All we need is here or not too far up mauka!
What makes this House unique
Our home is located in the quiet village of Napo'opo'o on beautiful Kealakekua Bay, and only ~30 minutes from Kona Keahole Airport(KOA). Kealakekua Bay is a marine conservation area, and an ideal place to enjoy swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. An ancient Hawaiian Heiau (Temple) overlooks Captain Cook Monument and the pristine blue waters where spinner dolphins, sea turtles and whales are often seen. The house itself is located on the edge of the village, bordering a small quiet canyon. A variety of birds fill the air with song. We are in a great location for sunset walks, biking along the water, or just sitting and watching the sun dripping into the ocean.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:5
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Everything is right there in Captain Cook. Ocean, snorkeling, kayaking. Away from any busy city life.
Nice view from the rental. Nice hosts.
Would stay again.
Good location for Kealakekua attractions
We enjoyed the location and airy feel of the "Penthouse", which is actually an apartment built directly on the roof of the owner's house. The property manager was very nice and helpful, especially when we had a few minor complaints. There is construction on a new house directly behind this property and construction noise could be an issue if you like lazy mornings. Adequate, and could be nicer with some updating of kitchen appliances....
wonderful place near the ocean
a wonderful place in the great landscape of Kealakekua Bay, beautiful accomodation with love for the details ..... only the kitchen was too small. ...
Stayed at Kealakekua Bay for 7 nights in March 2011. Wonderful hospitality from Pam and her family. The suite was as described and was a great base to explore a little piece of paradise. There is enough in the area to be a tourist and also enough privacy to just lay back and relax in the immediate area. We look forward to returning one day.
Surrounded by the most captivating and enchanting beaches:
- MANINI BEACH & PARK- One block from house-white sandy beach and water access with tall palms, serene and historical, look out across BAY to Captain Cook Monument. Beautiful swimming and snorkeling and sun or shade-bathing with a chair. Beautiful lawn for picnics and activities, community garden. Kid safe and friendly.
- RAMP--One-half block from house - great place to enter water to snorkel &/or swim. Can relax on towel or chair. Wonderful spring-fed Queens pool...safe for young keikis (kids). Lots of fish and occasional turtles.
- NAPO'OPO'O BEACH-3 blocks north, rocky with cleared out sandy areas, good entry for swimming when water is calm. Closest swim to dolphins.
- KE'EI BEACH-10 minute walk or 3 minute drive to the south. White sandy beach. Tide pools, keiki pond, snorkeling, known SURF break.
- TWO-STEPS - 10 minute drive to the south. Great for snorkeling and seeing turtles and dolphins, and basking on the rocks.
- HOOKENA BEACH-15 minute drive to the south. Grey sandy beach with a safe beach break for boogie boarding. Good swimming, snorkeling, occasional dolphins, peaceful local setting.
- BANYANS-popular surf break in Kona one-half hour to the north.
- HAPUNA BEACH-One hour north, beautiful long white sand beaches, great for swimming, body boarding and boogie boarding.
Only a few minutes drive to coffee shops and grocery store. 30 minutes from Kailua-Kona.