|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Come experience the peaceful east side of Schroon Lake. Set on a hilltop near the timeless and quaint town of Adirondack you'll enjoy the phenomenal views of Schroon Lake and the Adirondack High Peaks up the lake, and the slopes of Gore Mountain down the lake. One of Schroon Lake's finest rental properties, this magnificent new home was custom designed with you in mind. Whether you seek a romantic getaway, sun and fun at the huge sandy beach, swimming in a pristine mountain lake, plenty of marked hiking trails, horseback riding, canoeing, fantastic downhill skiing at Gore and Whiteface, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing right outside your door, or simply serene relaxation by a crackling fire as you watch the snow fall, this is a home of dreams - come share those dreams. Stay for a weekend, a week, or longer!
You are warmly welcomed by owners Guy and Jennifer Yost - feel free to call or email with any questions.
Every room in this executive home provides a feast for the senses and a view you'll take home with you. You'll find amenities such as:
• Gourmet Kitchen with huge sit-up island, professional stove, complete with all condiments and the basics to make cooking an anticipated adventure!
• Open Living Area - Adirondack River Rock gas fireplace: just turn the thermostat! Two-story wall of windows with a view that takes your breath away! Adirondack cherry floors and leather furniture - classic Adirondack contemporary decor.
• Game Room - Complete with billiard table, sit-up bar, foosball, electronic darts, a myriad of board games, and a well-stocked poker table! And, once again, a view to die for!
• Library - Sunny landing stocked with Adirondack fiction and non-fiction. Enjoy books on the photography of Seneca Ray Stoddard, or the tales of Adirondack Guides from the 1800's.
• Decks! - A massive deck off the main floor, complete with picnic table, deck chairs, and a gourmet gas grill. Each bedroom also has its own private deck with Adirondack chairs - for those quiet mornings sipping your coffee and taking in the fresh mountain air.
• Screen Room - Features carpeted outdoor luxury with an outdoor living room and dining room.
• Four large bedrooms - two with queen beds, two with twin beds. Each with private bathroom access, private deck, magnificent views, and tastefully decorated with North Country antiques and decor.
• Sofa Sleeper and Roll-Away beds - You'll find a queen-size sofa sleeper and roll-away beds in the game room. You'll also find extra futons and sleeping bags!
• Entertainment - We provide televisions with basic cable and DVD/VCRs in just about every room of the house. You'll find an X-Box gaming system, with some G-rated games, and a variety of VHS tapes and DVDs. In addition there is a wonderful stereo system in the living area, complete with a variety of CDs. Full computer system - stay in touch with high-speed internet connection complete with WI-FI.
• Private Yard - Nestled among the trees with a magnificent view of the lake, you have a private yard, complete with a fire pit for evenings of campfire stories and S'mores! Make a snowman in the front yard, sled down the gently sloped side yard.
Come experience The Schroon Lake Retreat! Setting on a hill overlooking beautiful Schroon Lake and the Adirondack High Peaks, this new vacation home was designed for luxury and comfort.
Spring, Summer, Winter & Fall – The Schroon Lake Retreat caters to it all!
Summer: Fabulous boating, swimming, fishing, hiking, golfing, white water rafting, and just relaxing in the clean, clear Adirondack air!
Fall: Leaf peeping is spectacular from your own front door! Every room has a panoramic view of the Adirondack high peaks – leaf peeping will never be the same!
Winter: World-class skiing is just minutes from the Schroon Lake Retreat. We can provide discounted lift tickets for Gore Mountain – just 25 minutes away. Olympic Lake Placid is just 50 minutes north! Cross-country skiing is just outside your door on the myriad of trails.
Spring: Springtime in the Adirondacks... Hiking, biking, and many outdoor activities await. White-water rafting at it’s finest!
Website Specials! Ski and Stay Discount Packages!
Keywords: Vacation House
This house was impeccable! Large bedrooms, living room, game room, bathrooms for each bedroom. Plenty of room to enjoy yourself! The bedrooms are so large and very quiet. You can't hear anyone else moving around the house. The gameroom was so entertaining. The little reading book was very cute. The prelit tree which spans 3 floors was so pretty. The stone fireplace was gorgeous. Outside deck allowed us to enjoy the gorgeous view of Schroon Lake. The enclosed porch allowed us to enjoy dinner outside. Kitchen was stocked with every imaginable item. We then enjoyed smores by the fire at night. Thanks so much for such a beautiful weekend getaway. We will be back again!
This is the most beautiful home I have ever stayed in. At first I was disappointed that the home was not lake front but had access to a decent size private beach shared by many others in the development. Since I was there in September, my dog and I were the only ones using the beach. There is a separate area for dogs to swim in away from the people. My dog loved jumping off the boat docks which were unused by boat owners in Sept. I was by myself so a kayak would have easier for me to handle rather than the owner's large canoe. The home was very private although in summer it might be less so. I loved having breakfast on the deck with the unbelievable views of the lake. Having wine on the deck later in the day was even better. When it rains, there is a lovely screened porch to sit in and listen to the rain. There is a grocery store within walking distance where I would pick up the N.Y. Times every morning. Restaurants are nearby. Jogging in the area was fun with the hills being quite challenging. My dog and I went on hikes. The walk from the beach to the home was uphill and might be difficult for some although you could drive and park near the beach.
A large family with a dog would appreciate this home even more than I did with its super fun game room, multiple bedrooms and large kitchen.
I longingly keep thinking about my stay here. I hope to return.
Adirondack Mountains, New York, USA (Gore Mountain-25 Mins, Lake George-30 Mins, Easy Exit 26.)
Other Activities: Huge Sandy Beach! Tennis Courts, Playground, Basketball Court, Picnic Area at Beach. Adirondack Guide Books available in the house for a myriad of act
Golf: There are many beautiful Golf Courses Nearby. Please check out our personal web page for links to the links!
Ski: We offer Ski & Stay packages to Gore Mountain & Whiteface - give us a call!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
See Rate Table
Minimum of 1-week rental in July and August - $2750
Spring, Fall & Winter Rates: 2-night .. $1250, 3-night .. $1250, 4-night .. $1550
5-night .. $1850, 6-night .. $2100, 7-night .. $2450
Stay a weekend, a week, a month, or the whole season!
Holiday Rates apply during Holiday Periods: Christmas, New Year's, MLK, President's Day, Independence Day, Labor Day
We only accept personal checks, bank checks, cashier's checks and the occasional PayPal if your stay is coming up quickly.