Romantic Detached Country House with Private Lake & Views of the Countryside(5 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Heavenly detached location, small lake, idyllic tranquillity, panoramic views
Nature and water at any time of the year: The mild winter, the 'bloomy' springtime, the sundrenched summer, the warm, aromatic autumn - each season offers its own charm on this basically unspoilt property. During the entire year, you can discover different animals (roe deer, turtles…) and plants (mimosas, strawberry trees, porcini mushrooms...). Spacious, round boulders on the most pretty panoramic spots provide natural benches to watch animals, take pictures, read or simply enjoy sweet idleness. Depending on the time of the day, different spots in the property (equipped with garden furniture and sun loungers) offer great views. You can enjoy the small lake that is part of the property as a swimming pool, just note that the natural water level might vary. The beaches in this part of Tuscany are the prettiest of the region thanks to the quaint bays, the fine sand and the dense pine forests and they are not yet overly crowded (water sports are possible).
Celebrate like the old Etruscans: Guests interested in culture and history will be happy to find out that our country house is located in the middle of the antique Etruscan country. It is an ideal starting point for discovering the Etruscan sites of Vetulonia, Populonia, Roselle and Saturnia. Even Tarquinia (with its lively mural paintings) can be reached within a day trip. The museum in Grosseto exhibits an impressive collection of Etruscan items. In the immediate and close environs there are numerous cultural offers that provide great day trips: medieval village feasts and crossbow shooting, the traditional donkey and horse race (Palio), numerous music events (classical and contemporary) in old churches and monasteries, as well as wine festivals, culinary village feasts and antiques fairs. Opera lovers can visit the Puccini Festival or the Lirica in Piazza in Massa Marittima .
With pleasure we provide an extensive folder with information that we collected throughout many years.
Enjoying wine in a scenic landscape: You will find it challenging to break away from the marvellous view and the absolute relaxation that you can enjoy on the terrace. If anyhow you want to explore the area, you might be tempted by the possibility to by olive oil or wine directly from the farmers themselves. Especially recommended for wine lovers is the small town of Montalcino with its gorgeous old town. It is the spring of the best wines of Italy, the „Brunello di Montalcino“, maturing in oak barrels, which can be tried and purchased everywhere in the village and its environs. Furthermore, the countryside is ideal for long walks and hikes of several hours, trips by bike or horse (there is a book with hiking routes in the house). Next to Florence, Siena, Volterra and San Gimignano it is also possible to visit numerous smaller, charming sites in the immediate vicinity that only few tourists ever find. Special attractions are the thermal spas in Saturnia and Petriolo.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2000
- 60 m²
- Max. occupancy 2
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- The large live-in kitchen (20 sq.m) is a high, bright room with a glazed chestnut door that offers a pretty view of the terrace and the property. The comfortable fitted kitchen gives this room a typical Tuscan atmosphere. On cooler days, you enjoy a panoramic view of the rolling countryside from the antique dining table, while savouring a delicious meal and a great wine. Get comfortable on the sofa (bed). The large bedroom (22 sq.m) offers a large wardrobe with lots of storage for your clothes. The modern Tuscan-style bathroom is spacious and offers top-of-the-range equipment. In the summer, the large terrace with the panoramic view of the small lake and the Tuscan rolling countryside turns into the living and dining room. Maybe you feel like grilling some 'salsiccia', a typical Tuscan sausage, or a 'bistecca fiorentina' on the BBQ. Here you can experience the Tuscany in a very individual way. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The floor of the house is a simple terracotta floor; large windows provide plenty of daylight. The kitchen is generously equipped with dishes and utilities. If you feel like it, you can prepare refined dishes, you won't miss anything. In the shelf you find some Tuscan cook books that might inspire you to prepare some filled zucchini flowers, for example. All windows are fitted with fly screens, so that you can leave them open all the time without being bothered by insects (mosquitoes etc. are rather rare). During the night, all doors and windows can be closed with solid wooden doors. The location of the house is very secure. There have not yet been any thefts. ...moreless
- Our guests repeatedly confirmed that the holiday in this small house in the heart of nature is a very special experience. The discovery of rare plants (for example strawberry trees), watching shy animals on the property (roe deer, herons) and relaxing by the small lake, our 'natural pool' allows to recharge your batteries for new daily challenges. This idyllic spot has been repeatedly compared to a small paradise. We are especially happy about this kind of feedback since we really do feel the same way. And here is some practical information: Bed linen and hand, swimming and kitchen towels can be rented upon request. An extensive and frequently highly appreciated folder with many tips (tours, culture, restaurants, hiking, shopping...) can be found in the house. During the cooler months, heating is possible. There are parking facilities on the property. We happily send you a small brochure. ...moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - May 19, 2017
7 night min stay
Frühsommer in der Toskana
May 20 - Jun 23, 2017
7 night min stay
Sonne, Wasser und Kultur
Jun 24 - Sep 29, 2017
7 night min stay
Wein- und Olivenernte
Sep 30 - Nov 3, 2017
7 night min stay
Milder Winter - klare Farben
Nov 4 - Mar 30, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Endreinigung $42.77
- Refundable Damage Deposit $160.40
Der Preis für die erste Woche beinhaltet jeweils 40 Euro für die durch uns durchgeführte Endreinigung. Mieten sie mehr als 1 Woche, zahlen Sie für die weiteren Wochen 40 € weniger.
Bettwäsche und Handtücher sind im Mietpreis enthalten.
Ihr Auto und evtl. mitgebrachte Fahrräder können Sie auf dem Grundstück abstellen.
Haustiere sind leider nicht erlaubt.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Casa Lago lies in the middle of the romantic Tuscan rolling countryside and offers stunning views at any time of the day. A small private lake serves as a natural swimming pool. The property is a natural paradise in which you can discover different animals and plants the whole year round. Large natural stones on the most pretty panoramic spots serve as benches to enjoy the view, watch animals, read or simply enjoy sweet idleness. By foot from the house you can reach the village of Sassofortino with its pretty, winding old town in hillside location. Here you can experience the original Tuscan lifestyle with bakeries, grocer's, butchers, small convenience stores...Additionally, there are a small café/bar and two pizzerias/restaurants offering typical cuisine. The accommodation is located in the centre of the 'Strada del Vino', a DOC wine-making region, comparable to the 'Gallo Nero' of the Chianti region. The sea is about 35 km away, Siena about 50 km.
Other Activities: Golf club Tuscany near Gavorrano
Golf: Close to Sassofortino, there are two of the prettiest and most exclusive golf clubs of Italy. The year-round 18-hole courses lie amidst vineyards and olive groves and thanks to small lakes, waterfalls and the Mediterranean flora there are especially attractive. Yachting and tennis clubs are only about 10 to 20 km away, some even have their own. Hence, a special golfing experience can be ideally combined with a beach and cultural vacation.
Dining and living area
Enjoy the fruits of the country...
The spacious, comfortable bathroom
View from the terrace of the small lake
Healthy bathing fun in the Saturnia thermal spas
Spacious live-in kitchen
From the dining table: view of the countryside
Modern kitchen in Tuscan style
Large bedroom with Tuscan furnitureThe spacious, c
Delicious meals with hand-picked fruit
Romantic meal by the small lake
Evening view of Roccastrada from the terrace
Nature reserve with bathing facility
The close-by freshwater lake
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.