Large Fantastic Private Property- Freshly Painted with Some Renovations.(18 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Estate
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Estate, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 8)We have blow beds for extra guests
Plenty of pool glasses to sip margaritas on the lounges by the pool. Sit in the tea house, fans, lights and music to stay cool. Unfortunately, my mother in law passed away January 2014 and the second building is vacate.
Minutes to the action in downtown Palm Springs and located in Old Racquet Club West.
Escape to the tranquil and lazy days at Villa de Catalina. The Villa is nestled in the neighborhood to the stars—Onassis, Betty Davis and Joan Crawford and where Marilyn Monroe and Natalie Wood use to hang out at the old Racquet Club West.
Enter to mountain views, numerous fountains and a large private swimming pool.
The two over-sized verandas have ceiling fans, lighting, Mexican tile floors, music and misters.
Japanese tea house for early morning coffee break. Or a quiet retreat to read the daily morning newspaper or listen to music .
Your stay will include:
• Four bedrooms and three granite tile baths: one with dual showers, jacuzzi tub. One bath with large walk in shower with over-sized shower head, the other bath has bath and shower combination.
• Master bedroom features wood floors with private entry to outdoor veranda and pool.
• 4 bedrooms—1 king, 3 doubles, 1 twin, 2 double blow up beds; plenty of closet and drawer space for longer stays.
• Fully stocked state-of-the-art kitchen for entertaining with high efficiency appliances (Jenn-Air, Viking, Maytag, Bosch). Kitchen leads directly to outdoor veranda with BBQ, large granite counter, over-head fans, lights, misters. Cozy seating and tables for large groups.
Laundry facilities on site.
• Southwestern Spanish Villa flare with eclectic style throughout; plantation shutters, ceiling fans and centralized air, mexican tile floors and tile roof.
• Environmentally sensitive and equipped with solar panels and indigenous desert plantings, and landscaped with large palm and fruit trees.
• Two verandas – one for outdoor dining with built-in gas grill that overlook the pool. Ample seating and tables for eating or watching a sunset. Misters, music, ceiling fans and lights make for special moments.
• Numerous outdoor seating areas for larger events.
Palm Springs has something for everyone. Be our guests and enjoy the experience.
Keywords: Southwestern Spanish Villa
• World-famous Aerial Tramway to the cooler climate of Palm Springs; enjoy dinner on top of the mountain or hike one of the numerous hiking trails.
• Coechella Music Festival (annually in April).
• Stagecoach Country Music Festival (late April).
• Palm Springs International Film Festival (annually in January).
• Tennis—Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open - ATP World Masters and WTA event (annually in March).
• Casinos—Agua Caliente, Augustine Casino, Morongo, Spa Resort, Fantasy Springs Resort, Spotlight 29.
• Theaters—Annenburg, McCallum Theatre.
• Museums—Palms Springs Air Museum, Palm Springs Art Museum, El Paseo Artwalk, Agua Caliente Cultural Museum, Indian Museum and ceremonial Indian Pow Wows and the unique Cabot Pueblo Museum.
• Golf at world class courses or watch the pros—Desert Willow, Indian Canyon, Tahquitz Creek, Mesquite, Escena and more.
• Tour homes of movie stars of the past and neighborhoods of mid-century modern homes (Celebrity Tours, P.S. Windmill Tours).
• Shopping: Downtown Palm Springs, Desert Hills Premium Outlets, Cabazon Outlets, The Shops on El Paseo, Street Fair-every Thursday evening in Palm Springs.
• Day Spas – Spa Resort downtown Palm Springs, Agua Serena Spa, Miracle Springs Spa, The Wells Spa, Spa Esmeralda.
• Other attractions: Desert Adventures, Hummer Tours, Big Wheel Tours, Smoke Tree Stables, Funseekers.
• Disneyland (1.5 hours)
• Six Flags Magic Mountain (2 hours)
• San Diego Zoo (1.5 hours)
• Legoland (1.5 hours)
• Universal City Walk/Universal Studios (2 hours)
• Santa Monica Pier/Venice Beach/Marina Del Rey (2 hours)
• Las Vegas (4 hours)
• Grand Canyon (6.5 hours)
Nearby ski resorts: Mountain High (1 hour 15 minutes), Bear Mountain (Big Bear 2 hours)
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Limited Accessibility:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Board games
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Course Front:
- Monument View:
- Mountain View:
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 12 - Apr 9, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 10 - Apr 24, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 25 - May 31, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $70 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Cleaning Fee $250
- Pet Fee $50
- Tax Rate 11.5%
All renters must sign a short term lease agreement. Pool Heating is not included and the charge is $100 per night. The pool is cold from October till June.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Short ride to downtown Palm Springs and the Aerial Tram. Enjoy downtown's block party every Thursday night or escape into the resort flare of Villa de Catalina for your entire stay!
Year Purchased: 2005
About: We have been renting our homes for over ten years and have enjoyed the various people from all areas of the world.
Why Racquet Club West, Palm Springs, CA, USA:
Love Palm Springs. People friendly, great climate, culturally inspiring.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
Large private and tranquil -- once behind our walls you don't want to leave! Close to all amenities.
- Primary: +1 805-881-8801 morning and early afternoon
- Secondary: +1 8058818801
Links to more information:
Beautiful Night Scene with a 1/2 acre of privacy.
1/2 acre private property.
Living room and dining room. HDTV located in the armoire.
Elegant large dining room set
Kitchen from opposite direction.
4th bedroom, double bed looks out to pool and backyard.
3rd bedroom, single, double bed with computer.
Master bathroom with dual sinks, dual showers and Jacuzzi.
1st bathroom with slate tiling.
Front Entrance to estate with high security walls.
Front entrance to home and 2 car garage parking.
Large living room.
Stainless steel appliances with eat in kitchen.
Master bedroom with king bed, walk in closet, walk out to back yard, master bath
2 Bedroom with double bed.
Weber gas BBQ with outdoor seating.
Master bathroom Jacuzzi with a separate tank less water heater.
2nd bathroom with granite shower and vanity.
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.