About this rental
Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 2(Sleeps: 6)
Crib · Twin/Single (2)
Bathrooms: 1, Half Baths: 1
Toilet · Combination tub/shower
- No Smoking
- Satellite or cable
- Washer & Dryer
- Children Welcome
- Air Conditioning
- Swimming pool
Hosted by Margreet or Willem MonsterAsk a question
About Margreet or Willem Monster
I am a retired computer engineering professor who took up a new 'career' in rural Upstate NY as restorer/redeveloper of historic buildings in the Adirondack region. My wife is an architect and designer. We live on an old farm five minutes away from this rental property. Besides taking of the Station and it's guests, we enjoy operating the "Pickle in the Park" pickleball club. The club has 5 outdoor courts and 1 indoor court.
Why Margreet or Willem Monster chose Northville
This is a typical small train station built in the early 1900's resort period. The architecture of the building, its natural setting and the comfortable amenities make this a wonderful place to stay - summer, spring, fall and winter. The Station is part of a 10acre wooded area. It is very suitable and safe for children. There also are privately-owned tennis and pickleball courts. Staying at the Station can be combined (for a fee) with use of the courts, including one beautiful indoor court.
What makes this Cottage unique
The location along the Great Sacandaga Lake, the on-site marina where you can put your boat for the length of your stay, the walkable environment (bathing beach, golf course, tennis courts) and the history archive about Sacandaga and the resort era, are all wonderful extras. The area is private and peaceful, surrounded by trees. With prior notice to the owner and during all 4 seasons, the Station can be reserved for a long weekend of pickleball.
- english, dutch
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
No pets - We can make an exception fo "seeing eye" dogs We can make an exception fo "seeing eye" dogs
No events - Contact owner about summer family gatheringsContact owner about summer family gatherings
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 21 - Owner is open to reasonable exceptionsOwner is open to reasonable exceptions
- Notify owner in advance if you plan to bring lots of gear, such as for ice fishing, snow mobile riding, boating etc.
- If you cancel in violation of the strict rules, we will try to find another rental customer for your dates and return your deposit if we succeed.
- Children that cannot swim must wear a life preserver when on the property docks, using sailboat or kayak - no exceptions.