Villa, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 4Baths, (Sleeps 6 -8
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
No restriction on balconies or pool decks
Security panels available for balconies on request
Minimum age of primary renter:21
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Arrived at the villa and was met by Sonia who we found to be very helpful during our stay. The villa is approximately a 15 min walk away from Speightstown. The pool and jacuzzi were absolutely brilliant. The kitchen is fully equipped with all items including plates, cutlery, glasses, pots and pans. The bedrooms are all air conditioned and of a fairly decent size.
My family totally enjoyed our time at the villa and will definitely be looking to go back next year.
Not what we were hoping for!
Barbados is a beautiful island...unfortunately our stay at this villa wasn't what we had hoped.
- we were due to check in on the Wednesday but there had been a double booking which we found out about the day before check in. The property was not available to us until the Thursday and when we arrived the previous tenants were still there. Luckily we were already on the island staying with family and not just arriving at the airport!!! This meant the property wasn't ready/ cleaned for us despite us being due to be there 24 hours prior!
- other reviews said that the upstairs living area was unbearably hot. This is very true, in fact to the extent that we couldnt comfortably sit in the lounge area at all.
- the fridge wasn't working properly. This was reported by the previous tenants and we were told a new one would arrive 'tomorrow'... it never arrived
- we reported that the oven door wouldn't close and therefore couldn't be used. We were told that it was being fixed 'tomorrow'... it wasn't
- the outside area is in desperate need of attention, sun beds broken and only some exterior lights working. On arrival we noticed that some of the banisters around the pool area were so damaged that to lean on them would cause for them to fall off and this could mean falling a drop of 12 foot onto concrete below? With 4, 13 and 14 year olds we were very concerned. This was fixed the following day but was just another thing to have to report to the owner/manager.
A house was being renovated a few doors along so this was noisy on week days. The land directly next to the villa is for sale so no doubt will be a building site soon
The pool however is fabulous...clean, deep and large.
- the housekeeper was lovely and was keen to help as much as she could
- I finally got a refund for the day that we couldn't move in to the villa
...my advice...go to Barbados but find a different place to stay!
Really nice property. Pool area is exceptional. Lots of towels provided. Sorry we only had such a short visit. AC in beds 2 and 3 inconsistent.
Good choice for us
Good location for walking into Speightown with sea view over lower roof tops. North West location good mix of residential & rentals. Property has all requirements, clean, housekeeper service appreciated. Needs a little love / updating but as we are not the tidiest of families it was perfect for us
All that and more
A big thank you to Chris for letting us have the apartment for two weeks. When we arrived we were met by Sonia, she was very helpful and polite. The apartment was great, having the pool and Jacuzzi was a huge bonus. We all had a great two weeks. Would do it again in a heartbeat. The apartment had everything you needed to make your stay more welcome. I love this apartment so much I want one built. Myself and my daughter enjoyed the pool at midnight most nights. My 3 year old granddaughter didn't want to get out of the pool. We could not fault anything.
We were more than pleased when we arrived at Portzvue Villa! We found it to be a very clean, contemporary, tastefully decorated home. The home is very family friendly - not a bunch of clutter that kids can get into. Twin beds in bedrooms are great for kids. Bathrooms in each bedroom are a bonus. All the kitchen appliances were clean and worked well. The pool is very clean, private and comfortable and watching the monkeys come and go was special. The area is quiet and feels safe. Heywoods beach is only a five minute walk and Speightstown is about a 15 to 20 minute walk, so it's not difficult to get groceries. Sonia, the housekeeper was always on call if we needed information or assistance. We truly enjoyed our stay and found it very easy to make ourselves at home!