Big House in One-of-a-Kind Ditmas Park, Brooklyn - July 1-10, 2016 Only for Now(8 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Very nice 5+ bedroom, 2700 sqft home - Sleeps 6-10 (or more if needed)
Two floors of very nice classic house in Ditmas Park, Brooklyn. We have four bedrooms (1: queen, 2: bunkbed, 3: twin, 4: queen) plus a study (pull out couch), indoor gym (that can be used as a bedroom -- we have a nice queen aerobed), and a small extra bedroom (full bed). Two full baths. (For very large groups, we have nice finished basement with an additional bedroom -- queen -- and full bath. Nice backyard with a great play-set, turf yard, and trampoline for kids. Great kitchen. Porch. Front porch with swing. Fairly easy on-street parking. Great neighborhood. Super coffee shop and great pub a few blocks away. Few blocks to subway (Q and express B).
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 2700 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- We have 7 bedrooms + the ability to use two other rooms as bedrooms. Bedroom 1 (master) = queen bed Bedroom 2 (upstairs room 1) = queen Bedroom 3 (kids room) = bunk-bend Bedroom 4 (upstairs room 2) = queen (this is a very nice "structured" aerobed we use Bedroom 5 (upstairs room 3) = double (this is a small room that our nephew used for a year -- heated by a space-heater) Bedroom 6 (upstairs gym room -- in the room designed to be the house's master bedroom) = double aerobed Bedroom 7 (in study/office) = sofabed pull-out double in study/office We also have a pull-out couch in the downstairs study ... and can put out a full mattress in the upstairs gym (which has closet space). Bedroom 8 (in finished basement) = double There are times where we are not able to offer ALL of these rooms. In general, we don't "open" the basement / basement bedroom unless we really need to, and we charge more for groups > 6 because we have to open up more bedrooms....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The house is very kid-friendly.
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Roller Blading
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning fee $225
- Property Damage Protection $59
The base rate is for 6 people ... and 3 core bedrooms ... additional fee of $35 per person per night. We can handle pretty big groups (freeing up additional rooms we have) if we know in advance and set up the house
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Ditmas Park is a great neighborhood in Brooklyn -- located a few blocks from express trains. There are lots of restaurants -- and pharmacies, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: My wife and I are both educators. We are both originally from North Carolina. I run a network of charter schools, and my wife does curriculum and professional development for a group of high schools for recent immigrants. We have two boys, ages 4 and 2. We are relaxed, easy-to-deal-with people.
Why the Owner Chose Flatbush - Ditmas Park, Brooklyn, NY, USA:
We moved to Ditmas Park to have the best of both worlds -- a suburb in the city.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Ditmas Park is like no other neighborhood in the city. It has one of the largest collections of Victorian homes in the country. The neighborhood is great for walking and running, and there are many great restaurants and bars nearby. Our house is GREAT for kids. We have a large (60-inch) tv for movies, a piano, a front porch with a swing, a backyard with a great playset, an indoor gym with a fun indoor playset/swing. A school playground is a few blocks away, and Prospect Park is a short bus ride away.
- Primary: +1 3474438765
Our living room
Stained glass windows in entry way - old details from 1910-built house.
Kitchen Table and Reading Nook
Mini-fridge and spice rack
Another pic of downstairs bath
Bedroom #1 - Queen bed
Bedroom #2 - bunk beds
Indoor kids/sensory gym
Upstairs bath -- has tub, shower, double-sink ...
Full view of Kitchen
Downstairs bathroom - full bath with tub/shower combo
Exterior of the house. VRBO unit is on the 2nd and 3rd floors
Bedroom #2 - bunk beds
Climbing wall in indoor kids gym
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.