Luxury Beach Apartment on Grand Case Bay with Spectacular Views Over Caribbean(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
One King bedroom, 2 shower rooms (his 'n' hers), sleeps two.
Sitting on the beach: Seashell sits on the sand of Grand Case Bay towards the quieter southern end, close by to Le Petit Hotel. It is about a five minute walk into the village from here along the beach. The exotic sea birds (frigates, pelicans, egrets) catch fish straight ahead and are a fabulous sight to see. Yellow sugar birds (les sucriers) and hummingbirds visit the interior garden daily. We will happily recommend where we like to eat and give directions to deserted beaches, preferred beach clubs, etc. Our manager can arrange additional services such as laundry, flowers and grocery delivery, to be paid locally. Our guests have confirmed to us this is a very special place for two people to come and experience French Caribbean beach life, escape the winter and relax. This is a perfect location to arrange side trips to Saba for scuba diving and to enjoy island hopping to nearby islands Anguilla or St Barth's.
Water Sports Activities: Water skiing and wake boarding in the bay, snorkeling straight from your 'back yard' as just to the left there is a small reef or we can help you arrange a trip over to Creole Rock (national marine reserve in the bay) where you might catch sight of rays, starfish and turtles. Dedicated activity specialist for water sports, boat trips/charters/fishing trips available (who can also communicate by email to make arrangements before your arrival). Paragliding, kite-surfing and surf boarding are available at Orient/Galion beach, which is about a seven minute car ride away.
Member since: 2009
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Spacious light and airy master bedroom with en-suite and sea views. King sized bed (1m 80cm) with top quality mattress. Pure cotton sheets changed mid-week. Four pillows. Chaise longue for reading. Plenty of towels. Dimmer lighting, bedside lamps, Silent ceiling fan also with dimmer light. Air conditioning. French doors with side louvre windows (with mosquito blinds) to enjoy the sea views and gentle trade winds. Safe provided for guests own use. Alarm clock/radio. Three wardrobes and plenty of hangers. Two full length mirrors. Mid-week maid service (more can be arranged on arrival and paid for separately). Hair dryer provided in both shower rooms. Electricity is 220v round pin....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Both shower rooms have louvre windows for ventilation. His shower room (on the living level) is decorated in stone with porcelain Villeroy and Boch tiles edged with marble mosaic and travertino marble vanity sink area with large mirror and cupboard space. Her shower room (on the bedroom level ) has hand made bleu-lavande Salerne tiles in the shower and around the Vanity sink also with cupboard space. There is an additional outside shower on the beach steps for rinsing....moreless
- Beach towels, cool box and light portable beach chairs are provided and also comfortable beach beds and parasol for guests own use. Shower on steps to beach to rinse off. Security doors at entrance and beach. We can recommend a car hire company close by who will collect you and drop you off at the airport, making getting here and getting home easy and stress free. As well as French, almost everyone on the island speaks English. NOTE: If you don't want to drive on your vacation a taxi from the airport will cost approximately $45 one way to Grand Case. You will find a grocery store, deli (fresh baguettes and pastries) and chemist in the village and we can also arrange grocery delivery. There is a good selection of small boutiques for sarongs, sandals, hats, dresses etc on the main street. If you do not wish to cook, there are many lovely restaurants in the village (some also open for lunch) and also sea side beach bar's serving good food....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Duty Free Shops
- Nude Beach
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Small Cooler
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Apr 29, 2017
7 night min stay
Apr 30 - Nov 20, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee: $150
Gratuity for Housekeeper: Usually between $50 - 100, at the guests discretion.
Internet & US TV channels are included for high season.
We require a deposit of 50% to reserve with final payment 60 days before arrival. If for any reason guests have to cancel we are only able to refund providing we re-let the same dates less an administration fee of $100.00
50% deposit on reservation and final 50% due 60 days before arrival. Payment is by international wire, easily arranged. The owner recommends travel insurance to cover all eventualities in case of cancellation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
On the north west French side of Saint Martin you will find Grand Case, known as the 'Gourmet Capital of the Caribbean'. It is a quaint Creole fishing village which is situated on a long sandy bay facing Anguilla island. Sea Shell Apartment is privately owned and has an excellent manager who will advise and try to look after your every comfort, taking care not to intrude on your privacy. Take a wonderful five minute walk down the beach to the sleepy-by-day beach bars for a cocktail and view the beautiful boats on the bay and in the evening enjoy the 'joie de vivre' which gives this village a unique atmosphere of the French Caribbean. Already popular with those in the know - especially the yachting community, it is fast becoming one of the preferred vacation destinations on the island. Well situated to visit other places of interest, i.e., Ile Pinel (5 min ferry ride), Orient Bay, Friars Bay, Baie Rouge, etc. Daily ferries to Anguilla or St. Barth's from Marigot Marina (10mins by car).
Other Activities: 18 hole Golf Course at Maho - 20 minutes
Residence from the Caribbean Sea
New fabrics on the daybed on which to purchance a dream.
New bespoke fabrics in our Cinema area with fan, air con and dimmer lights.
Flat screen TV with US channels available.
'His' Shower room on the living level.
Top quality mattress to ensure a good night's sleep.
Beautiful views over the Caribbean sea from the bedroom.
March Sunset from bedroom at Sea Shell
Beautiful views from bedroom
Grand Case Bay towards Le Petit Hotel
Lunch looking at Anguilla
Designer limed-oak kitchen with granite surfaces.
Steps to beach with shower on steps to rinse
Cinema Area, private and cosy, dim the lights and choose a film from the library
Seashell apartment, Grand Case, Saint Martin
'Her' shower room on the bedroom level.
Crisp 100% pure cotton bed linen.
View from the bedroom
Breakfast overlooking the bay.
Calm day across the bay.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.