Exquisite Home, Stunning Views, Boat Dock on Flathead Lake(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:14-30 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
“Sunset Place” is a newer, two-level 4,000 square foot, Montana-style home. There are stunning views of Flathead Lake and nearby mountains. Massive, “hand-scraped” Montana logs have been used in the vaulted ceiling and pillars, along with custom wood railings throughout the main living and stairway area.
This home is located in very serene neighborhood where the homes are very close in proximity to the lake and each other. Sunset place is a wonderful home to unplug, relax and enjoy the best this area has to offer. Respecting the quaintness of the neighborhood this should not be considered a party house or location. This home will wonderfully accommodate 6 adults and perhaps 2-3 children. We ask and the rental agreement strongly disallows large groups. Due to covenants, we cannot rent for less than two weeks.
The main floor includes an open, light entryway, kitchen, wet bar, dining area, living area, guest bathroom, laundry room, master bedroom and bathroom suite, two outdoor patios, natural gas barbecue and two single-car garages. The second level includes an open den/office area and two master bedroom/bathroom suites both with outdoor access to upper balcony patios.
The custom interior is elegantly furnished in Montana style and includes:
• Beautiful, over-sized soft leather and upholstered furniture in the living area where you can sit to enjoy the views, watch evening sunsets, watch a large variety of migrating birds, visit with friends, or curl up to watch TV or read a novel.
• Floor-to-ceiling natural stone gas fireplaces both in the living room and in the main level master bedroom suite.
• Alder wood floors on the main level with area carpets in the living and dining areas, plush carpet in the bedrooms and throughout the second floor.
• Three plush master bedroom suites each with king-size beds and direct access to outdoor patios.
• Tiled-floor bathrooms adjacent to each of the three master bedroom suites, each with granite countertops, double sinks, walk-in closets, over-sized tile showers that have custom European glass doors. Two of the bathrooms have deep soaking tubs.
• Granite countertops in the kitchen with tiled backsplashes, full size island/breakfast bar with built-in microwave, high-grade alder wood cabinets with under and over cabinet lighting, side-by-side Viking refrigerator/freezer doors, 6 burner Viking gas stainless steel stove, dishwasher, stainless double sink with instant-hot water, and pantry. The kitchen is fully stocked with small appliances, dishes, cookware, utensils, silverware; everything except the food.
• 42” plasma TV, along with DVD/stereo with CD player in the living area entertainment center, built-in stereo intercom (main level) and 32” plasma TV with DVD player in the main level master bedroom suite.
This home also has its own private boat dock that is only 20 steps from the patio.
Top tourist attractions include: Bigfork Village with boutique shops, art galleries, Bigfork Playhouse and restaurants, Flathead Lake, Glacier National Park, Kalispell, Whitefish, Bob Marshall Wilderness (many types of outfitters and guides in these areas), National Bison Reserve, Jewell Basin hiking area with mountain-top views, and many small area lakes are nearby for day trips.
Area activities include:
• Boating and watercraft activities, swimming, sunbathing
• Bigfork Playhouse and Theater, Art galleries and museums, Shopping, fine dining
• Sightseeing, wildlife, photography
• Rafting, kayaking, canoeing
• Blue-ribbon fishing and hunting; horseback riding and back-country trips
• Biking, mountain biking and hiking
• Art Show, Antique car show, 4th of July parade and festivities, Bigfork Whitewater Festival Days, NW Montana Fair and Rodeo
• Downhill and cross-country skiing; sledding and tubing; skijoring
This “Sunset Place” home is available by the month at the rate of $15,000/month and is available by the week at the rate of $5,500 plus security deposit, and applicable taxes. This is a no-smoking and pet considered home.
Make this wonderful home your destination for a serene get-away that captivates your senses and is a destination where you can proudly entertain your family and friends…all making unforgettable, life-time memories of your stay in Montana. Enjoy the “last best place” in Montana any time of the year!
Keywords: New House
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2009
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (3)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 29 - May 26, 2017
14 night min stay
2017 early summer
May 27 - Jun 16, 2017
14 night min stay
Jun 17 - Jul 7, 2017
14 night min stay
2017 prime summer
Jul 8 - Aug 11, 2017
14 night min stay
2017 late summer
Aug 12 - Sep 8, 2017
14 night min stay
Sep 9 - Oct 13, 2017
14 night min stay
My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 7%
Booking deposit of $2000 due at reservation. $1000 will be applied toward rent, $1000 held in security until after rental period. Balance due April 15.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Please note the price is for six occupants. Additional fees are charged for extra guests but a maximum of eight guests is allowed. No more than two cars on site. Guests should be advised that we ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RENT to guests who plan to party or make loud noise. Only approved guests are allowed on site. We live in a very quiet neighborhood and our neighbors comfort is of utmost importance to us as owners.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The West entrance to Glacier National Park is located within approximately 45 minutes of our home.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Carl and Bert Herndon are long time residents of Bigfork. This wonderful town is where we chose to raise our family. Since the kids are grown, we now 'winter' in a warmer climate but will always come back to Bigfork for the Summer and Fall. Bigfork is a magical village with outdoor activities for everyone and stunning views everywhere you look.
Why the Owner Chose Bigfork, MT, USA:
This stunning property is so close to Bigfork, you can walk downtown in a matter of minutes, yet far enough way to be quiet.
- Primary: 406-270-6586
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Equisite New Home with boat dock on Flathead Lake in Bigfork, MT!
A 'dream' kitchen for making a cup of coffee or a gourmet meal!
From the living area looking to the entry, dining area, bar, kitchen, 2nd floor.
Main level master bath, deep soaking tub, large shower, 2 sinks, walk-in closet.
Exquisite views of the lake and mountains from the living area and patios.
Another view of the home with adjacent greenway and water feature.
From the second floor looking at the magnificent views, main living area, bar.
Main level master bedroom and bathroom suite, patio and beautiful lake views.
Master bedroom,bathroom suite with its own balcony, lake views, 2nd level.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.