Both cottages (blockhouses) are located on a private appr. 8 acre sized wooded languet directly on the Atlantic and have a private (rocky) beach. Both houses have an incredible view on Tor Bay (each their own view). The two houses are located around 400 feet from each other and make a stay ideal for two families (for requests of four guests we generally only prepare one of the houses, however feel free to request for the second, this will not be rent out during your stay).
The main cottage has two double-bedrooms with each a private bathroom. There is a spacious living and dining room with an integrated kitchen. The roofed porch can be used for barbecue and dining and has a beautiful view on the ocean south-east.
The smaller cottage has a loft with a double-bed and a quite small sleeping “chamber” with two single beds. There is a small bathroom with bathtub and a roofed porch with a view to the ocean south-west.
- Small fishing villages are located in close distance (appr. 2-4 miles)
- Shopping center, restaurants, Golf and a Hospital is located in Guysborough (appr. 35 min.)
- The university city of Antigonish is located appr. 75 min.
- Swimming / beach: there is a big sandy beach in Tor Bay (appr. 15 min.). Swimming is also possible at the private beach of the houses (rocky beach)
- Fishing: boats (aluminium) can be rented on a daily basis in Port Felix (2 miles) and can land at the private beach of the cottages. There is 4x fishing equipment for your use stored in the cottages. Fishing is especially great for Mackerels close to the coast. There is a barbecue and a smoker to use for cooking the fish.
- There are a few little uninhabited islands within the bay of Tor Bay that can be reached under good weather conditions by boat from the cottages. Seals are lying on the rocks in the water during low tide close to the beach and can be observed.
- Deep sea fishing is available / can be booked in Canso, the oldest Fishing port in North America.
- Walking tours can be started at cottages in the wooded surroundings and on the ocean. You can observe many sea- and other birds as well as game. Depending on the time of the year there grow wild strawberries and blueberries on the property.
- The property is reached by a 1 mile private road (gravel) that diverts directly from Nova Scotia Marine Drive (the picturesque coastal highway)
- The international airport Halifax is reached with the (rental) car within appr. 3,5 hours via Trans Canada Hwy