1 bright bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, a total of four sleeps
Rojda und Jakob
- english, french, german, spanish, turkish
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
This accommodation is wonderful. It has everything you need and is away from the bustle of town, yet only a 5-minute drive to all the local sites. I loved my stay here. The owners were welcoming and made sure my stay was enjoyable. The kitchen is well stocked and the cottage is spacious.
My own private hide away💖
My mom and I loved the cottage. It was impeccable, clean,tidy with anything thing you could need. Hoping to be able to come again. Also near a great little wine garden just down the bike path. A great plus
Home away from home
This fine little cottage had all we needed. Quiet neighborhood, close to transportation, shopping and easy to travel to other cities. Rojda was a good host. For us it was perfect!
Compact cottage in a pleasant area
We had a two night stay here and overall it was satisfactory but unfortunately the welcome was not as good as we have come to expect from several stays at other HomeAway properties. The allocated parking space was not made available for our arrival or stay so we parked on the street which was ok. The owners were not there when we arrived but eventually the father of the owner confirmed they were expecting us. The owners did arrive later that evening and provided things we needed for our stay such as washing powder. Both hosts were friendly with very good English though the lack of a proper welcome was a disappointing start.
The cottage was small though reasonably clean and tidy and was fine for a short stay. The bathroom was pleasant with a good sized shower. The main bedroom was also a good size and the sofa-bed in the living room was reasonably comfortable. It was extremely hot when we stayed - high 30s - and it would have been useful to have a fan to help cool the cottage down. A welcome file with tourist advice and info about local shops, transport links, arrangements for recycling etc. would have been useful. The hosts provided this info when asked and we found their advice helpful.
The area felt safe and there was a good supermarket about 20 minutes walk away. There were also good bus and tram links too into Heidelberg centre with a pleasant green walk along the back of the house to the shop and tram.
The cottage was clean and comfortable. Fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. Comfortable beds but low height off the floor. Very good heating system. In quiet and pretty neighborhood with good sidewalks. Supermarket and gas station about a mile away.
Access to downtown Heidelberg was convenient via city bus, available a block and a half away.
Owners very helpful with advice (in English) on transportation and activities.
Heidelberg has good shopping on lengthy pedestrian zone, with convenient access to castle above town. English is widely spoken.
Recommend scenic boat excursion upriver.
Cottage Home with Wonderful Owners, Layout, Gardens, and Location
Cottage Home is located below a mature Walnut tree with rose bush trimmed Gate. Rental of 3 Weeks -
1. Excellent owners that were very helpful. Their English was so much better than our German.
2. Location outside of traffic filled Heidelberg - 5 minutes to town or A5 Autobahn.
3. Located in small suburban area with access to large market Kaufland.
4. Bedroom is spacious with large window view. Includes writing desk and plenty of local brochures.
5. Key Home items included Dishwasher, Washer, Induction Range with Oven, Med Euro Refrigerator, New iron with Board, and plenty of kitchen glasses and cookware. No microwave; however, meals are better prepared with oven.
6. Updated bathroom with zero entry Shower. Clothes drying stand fits perfectly in shower stall - drying time is quick since the Bosch washer spins most the water out of clothes.
7. Very good Living Room with “L” shaped couch - perfect for TV or DVD viewing. 9 English channels available (Channels 271 BBC and 572-579 Bloomberg, CNN, NHK, RT, France 24, CCTV/CGTN Documentary ) and assortment of DVDs and books.
8. Reserved parking place - Priceless is Germany.
9. Quick travel time to Schwetzingen Palace or Heidelberg Castle and forest. Speyer Cathedral and Mannheim Palace are close. The A5 and other roads provides access to Black Forest, Michelstadt, Maulbronn Monastery, or Sinsheim Badewelt large scale palm forest swimming pools under glass dome for cold or snow filled days.
10. Nice paved trail behind home for long walks or walking to Kaufland.
11. Amazon.de deliveries with no challenge.
12. WiFi worked great and stable (Repeater from owner’s main home)
13. Overall - Just comfortable, well located, and always felt like coming home. Our favorite after 25 years of Germany travel.
The apartment walnut tree lies in the green district of Heidelberg directly to a Grünalage and directly on the bike path on the way to the Palatinate historical Heidelberg. In the immediate vicinity there is a spacious green area with children's playground, tennis courts and a restaurant with beer garden.
The property is conveniently located: direct access to the A5 and B 535 and a direct connection with the tram line 22 to Heidelberg and the S Bahn to Mannheim. The center of Heidelberg can be reached in 15 minutes by VNO. 8 min walk to the bus stop, 7 minutes driving time to the main station. By bike you can reach the city center in Heidelberg in 15 minutes. The house also has its own parking lot, additional public parking is available.