Betty's Boutique Beach Bungalow! Five Star Clean! All 5 Star Reviews!(67 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-5 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
PRIVATE beach bungalow on a quiet street only block to beach! GREAT LOCATION!
We love our doggie guests and are seriously meticulously clean.
ALL five star reviews! FIVE STAR CLEAN!
We are a properly licensed vacation rental!
Safely hidden from the mood ruining madness and conventionality of a typical tourist class hotel, this intimate 5-star beach retreat is a special beach bungalow-style house with tropical colored doors, located just off the ocean at the end of 'Millionaire's row', and only a 4 minute stroll from one the most beautiful 'private-style' wide beaches in all Florida! Our fascinating beach has a stunning view of the inlet lighthouse! Spend the day reading and sleeping under a our beach umbrella, enjoy tropical cocktails at the Tiki Bar or a $40/hr. swedish massage by Betty's favorite therapist. This 'boutique-style' bungalow apartment has the extra cleanliness and sparkle you long for but simply cannot seem to find anywhere else. Enjoy being at 'home' with a FULL kitchen, lovely glassware and everything you could possibly want including a huge dose of charm. Shower outside in the tropical garden then nap in on your screened porch or in the hammock. Invite your friends for cocktails or BBQ in your tropical backyard.
ABSOLUTELY GREAT LOCATION!: At the beach, just north of Laud-by-the-Sea, south of Boca and Palm Beach. Scuba and fishing boats are within walking distance. Enjoy breakfast at the beach or dinner amongst the yachts. Right across the bridge is the new Fashion mall, a new dog park, bicycle track, movie complex, and golf course! Best of all, discover all the different moods the ocean has to offer! Hunt sea shells in early morning light, or experience the hypnotic relaxing twinkling sunlight on smooth sand or just fall asleep to the sound of the waves. This is not a noisy beach but a wide private-style beach. Tour the Intracoastal waterways in a water taxi! Enjoy a full day on the beach under our large quality UV protected beach umbrella and in our beach chairs. Park your car right in front of the bungalow!
BETTY'S ATTENTION TO DETAIL! :
• Pretty glassware and dishes!
• Stocked fridge service available. Tired after a long flight? Traveling with a child? Your refrigerator can be fully stocked for you at check in. Just call ahead and provide a grocery list! ($25 charge plus cost of groceries.)
• How about flowers for your wife?
• Information: You'll find 'Frommer's Guide to South Florida' in your apartment.
• Comcast cable includes 'On-Demand’!
• There is a washer and dryer in the especially clean laundry room!
WHAT DOES FIVE STAR MEAN?
• What does five star clean mean? It means always a fresh bed spread and mattress pad! Perfect sanitizing of the bathroom! (Walls washed, toilet polished, every corner cleaned, etc.) We do NOT hire 'cleaning services'! We are proud to have one employee 'Olga' who loves to please guests and who meticulously deep cleans and sanitizes. This level of cleaning is found in the highest level hotels or six star river cruises like Tauck and Uniworld.
BETTY SAYS: 'I am a very hands-on owner, personally involved in my beautiful beach bungalow retreat! Knowing that my guests are comfortable, that they know where to go for groceries or for a special meal overlooking the ocean is important to me! I take the extra steps and spend the extra money so that their stay is perfect and charming. Pillowcases are ironed, bedspreads are washed and guests have an assortment of fresh bed pillows to choose from. I know what I want when I travel so provide my guests with the same. In each of the three guest apartments you will find a copy of Frommer's Guide to South Florida.
A UNIQUE INTERESTING AREA!
• You will not be at a loss of things to do here!
• Yet I often find that my guests find the Bungalow so peaceful that they hang around the bungalow, walk to the beach and relax.
FAST AND RELIABLE WiFi! Even in the tropical backyard.
• The entire property is now completely fenced and gated! PRIVATE. No intruders!
• I provide dog shampoo, dog towels, a dog bed, and dog bowls.
• I enjoy my dog guests!
• Dogs are accepted on an individual basis and must be up to date on their shots, and have had a recent Frontline/Advantage treatment. Dogs that present a problem or are “constant' barkers may be asked to leave. We welcome calm and non-agressive dogs in the tropical backyard.
• The front apartment (The Red Coral) provides easy street walking for your dog.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO OUR GUESTS:
• A sincere promise to our non-dog guests... we promise you would never know a dog had ever been in your apartment!
• Betty's Boutique Beach Bungalow is a NON-SMOKING PROPERTY! Guests must reveal whether they are smokers prior to booking.
We consider your trust very important! You can trust Betty's Boutique BEACH Bungalow for your beach escape! You will not be disappointed!
• Previously called 'Walk-on-the-Beach Guesthouse'
A PHONE CALL IS REQUIRED TO BOOK. CALL 954-562-3292
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- 750 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 3
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only:
Having your dog with you important! ALL SIZE DOGGIES WELCOME! I've found that guests who vacation with their doggies are exceptionally considerate! The Bungalow is quite honestly the most comfortable place to enjoy being with your doggie you can find! Open your door and let Fido out without a leash! The property is completely fenced and gated. METICULOUS CLEANING ensures that our non-dog guests would never know there had ever been a dog inside their apartment. There is zero dog smell! Thanks to the revolutionary OdorXit product that not only kills 100% odors but also 100% bacteria! Temperament and level of activity are important here. I like to say dogs with their trained owners are welcome. And dogs LOVE it here! And very important, no one comes onto the property without an appointment so your dog cannot accidentally get out. Dog shampoo, towels, bowls, and bags are provided. While the beach sign says no dogs, we've not had a problem for 9 years. Dog park & dog restaurant close by! ...moreless
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 2-3
- HOW IMPORTANT IS YOUR PILLOW? If you are like me... very! Thus we provide a pillow selection! I know the level of comfort and cleanliness that I want when I travel, so provide the same for my guests. The apartment is high-end beach themed with tropical plants and flowers, sea shells and genuine sea glass. Outside you will find mosaics that I created at the outside shower and also around the doors and windows. What does 'Five Star Clean' mean? It means there is no dust (or sand) under or behind your bed, it means a fresh mattress pad and bed spread for every new guest (not once a month like hotels), it means REALLY CLEAN towels and wash clothes, it means 100% fully sanitized toilet (cleaned by hand / not brush), fully washed shower walls, fresh throw rugs, no bugs, and it means if you pull out the stove or oven you'll find it spotless.... so all combined when you can come in, you can feel great and say 'Ahhhh... yes indeed, it IS time to relax!...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 'FIVE STAR CLEAN' ! Hard to find even at the best hotels. We don't just clean the toilet, we 'polish' the toilet. Shower walls and floors are always washed down with Clorox. We never cut corners even in a hurry. We bet you'll agree this is important to total vacation relaxation. Your bathroom is designer stone tile with Kohler fixtures and faucets. You'll find a generous supply 'start up' cleaning products including small white cleaning towels, paper towels, soft scrub, Spic N Span, clorox and multi-purpose Windex. A hair dryer is provided as well as an iron and small ironing board....moreless
- Within walking distance of the Bungalow is the Hillsboro Inlet where you'll find little stores, a bagel shop, dive shops, fishing boats, kid's play area and more. For your own cleaning needs, you'll usually find a generous supply of cleaning supplies as well as an endless supply of fresh white cleaning towels should you need them for any use, even for your car. The tropical backyard has lights in the trees! It is perfect for cocktails, BBQ and get-togethers. Want to cook dinner? You can! Don't want to? Just walk up the street to the SeaSide Grill or the new Marriott. ...moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
One of the most beautiful beaches in all South Florida, Lighthouse Beach provides much that other beaches in the area do not. Walk up to Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouand watch the yachts head out to sea....moreless
- Beach View:
- Near The Ocean:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
APRIL 18 - 30
Apr 18 - Apr 30, 2017
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Additional adult $30 + tax
- Tax Rate 11%
Because Betty's Boutique Beach Bungalow is a special hands-on PRIVATE property we do NOT participate in on line booking! We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS and DISCOVER over the phone. If you wish to bring your dog just call me and tell me a bit about your doggie. Temperament and activity level are important. I have found that people who travel with their dogs are extremely considerate. Because we use OdorXit which kills 100% bacteria and any odors including cooking odor, we can remain meticulously clean!
I travel a lot, so I know how hard it is to do research and determine what is truth and what is enhanced advertising! Betty's Boutique Beach Bungalow is the real deal. Call me and I can describe my property and also Pompano Beach to you. Your comfort is important to me. Contributing to "forever memories" for my guests in a lovely environment is my passion. Betty's Bungalow is not directly ON the beach but on a quiet little side street across the street. It takes but 3-4 minutes of slow walking from your front door until your feet are in the ocean! The advantage is the PRIVACY of the tropical backyard. There are lots of chairs and tables where you can read or dine outside in private.
I will make EXCEPTIONS to the "FIVE NIGHT MIN." policy whenever possible.
In nine years I have not had to charge a guest for cleaning, damage nor theft.
50% at booking but depending how far in advance. Full payment 30 days in advance except holidays, Jan. Feb. March April when it is 60 days in advance. Confirmation Agreement sent via email. Credit card is not charged until email return of "Confirmation Agreement" with approval. Debit cards not accepted. Betty's Bungalow is a business that can be trusted. Your trust is important to me!
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Watch morning sun reflect on the ocean. Play with waves coming ashore. Once you experience it, you crave it. Enjoy ALL the different moods the beach has to offer! Everything you need is provided. Beach chairs, beach towels, beach umbrella and coolers. Fishing boats are down the street. Enjoy lunch overlooking the beach or amongst yachts. This is such a great area with so much to do and I can tell you about places most tourists don't find. Pompano~by~the~Sea is between Lauderdale, the Venice of America, and posh Boca Raton. Enjoy bistros and exceptional homemade ice cream at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, shop The Galleria, discover Las Olas Boulevard, or just hop around town on a water taxi. When was the last time you took a nap in a hammock? Shhh... you may hear the wild parrots above you. Enjoy showering outside and a BBQ in the tropical backyard. This IS tropical living!
Other Activities: • Join the Saturday and Sunday whistle blowing, bell ringing, lights flashing, celebration on the beach as the huge cruise ships depart from Port Everglades. • Take a side trip to the Pennycamp underwater national park in the keys, hop a water taxi and explore Fort Lauderdale, or take a fast airboat ride through the Everglades and see alligators in the wild. • Join me at New Presbyterian PCA Church close by in Pompano Beach. • But my personal very favorite escape is simply sitting outside on the top floor at the SeaWatch restaurant overlooking the beautiful blue green ocean and listening to the waves coming ashore. There is always a cool breeze even on hot summer days. In the summer they have a $20 'early bird' dinner (5 -6 pm) of lobster tails, prime rib, etc. and it is really delicious food! • Lastly, you and Fido can enjoy the fabulous new Pompano Beach dog park, right across the bridge at the golf course, and even take Fido to lunch with you outside at the golf course restaurant.
I always encourage my guests to go to my very favorite 'escape' spot which is the top level of the Sea Watch restaurant which is just a few minutes drive down the beach. When there, you know for sure you are really on a serious beach vacation as it overlooks the most outrageously beautiful sea grape drenched private beach in all Florida!
I love assisting my guests with ideas and provide a copy of Frommer's Guide to South Florida in each apartment.
Fishing and scuba/snorkel/glass bottom boats are docked right up the street and will accommodate you in a much nicer fashion than touristy Ft. Lauderdale.
Lauderdale~by~the~Sea is a short drive down the beach where you'll find a long pier, trendy restaurants, beach shops and homemade ice cream which you can enjoy while listening to the ocean. Red Reef Park is a beautiful natural beach area, just north of Pompano-by-the-Sea, with a reef you can snorkel at right off the beach!
There's shopping on Las Olas, at the Galleria, Sawgrass... and right across the bridge is the new Pompano Beach Mall, a golf course, cinema, dog park and bike trails.
Several restaurants are within very short walking distance.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Hi, I'm Betty. My husband is a golf pro and I LOVE my beautiful beach bungalow! And creating an environment where guests will create "forever memories"! We live only a couple of blocks from the ocean near Port Everglades. When I hear the deep blast from a cruise ship horn, I jump on my bicycle with my dog and we ride alongside the cruise ship waving to passengers as they head out to sea! Saturday evening cruise ship departures are a big celebration in our neighborhood. This is a wonderful tropical area! And I so appreciate being able to WALK to the beach! For the past three years I have have traveled in Europe. I took a UniWorld River cruise, a Celebrity transAtlantic cruise, a Norway Fjord cruise, Tauck River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest but mostly just drive or take the train and explore. I have and looked, really looked to discover what is important to guests. I explored and stayed in many interesting hotels, pensions and even in a Relais and Chateaux in France! What I found was that location, charm and CLEANLINESS are of top importance. Only those of us who are personally involved and extremely dedicated to our properties can provide this intensive level of cleanliness that is so important to guests. Things like a fresh bedspread, instead of leaving the same one on that the previous guest used. Personally I cannot fathom that hotels do this! You can also count on a fresh mattress pad! Toilets that are not just quickly cleaned with a brush, but hand 'polished'. Shower walls that are cleaned with Clorox between each guest. I love making a pretty bed and putting out pretty soaps. I want your beach bungalow apartment to be so perfect and cleaner than any place you have ever stayed! It is simply providing the same level of excellence that I seek when I travel! I LOVE our dog guests... and can assure you that you would never know a dog had ever been in the apartment because we clean so carefully. Your comfort and your memories are very important to me.
Why the Owner Chose Pompano Beach, FL, USA:
I absolutely fell in love with this beach bungalow style house when I saw it! Especially the charming private tropical backyard! This is the 'old Florida’ that everyone looks for. A special enclave between posh Palm Beach and active Ft. Lauderdale. When I found this little haven I was surprised to find people say hello when they walk back and forth to the beach. So with careful attention to detail, lots of love and money, Betty's Boutique Beach Bungalow was created and has made many people happy for over seven years. And that makes me happy! Especially when guests tell me they want to copy what I did in their own home. Smile! Thus I found my true passion in this property and can literally spend all day grooming, planting flowers and cleaning. This is a perfect location! Our local spa offers Betty's Boutique Beach Bungalow guests hour (or two!) therapeutic Swedish Massage treatments for ... $40/hour! Two hours for $80. You will feel completely comfortable in your beach home where you can truly get away and RELAX. Come indulge yourself with clean air, salt water, the warmth of our sunshine, papayas, long walks on the beach and the ever changing colorful South Florida skies! But seriously... why should you choose this property? Because let’s face it, everyone wants a wonderful 'forever memory’ to take home! A unique one of a kind vacation!
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
Here’s Betty's favorite unusual things to do! 1. Walk up to the Lighthouse and back, then enjoy the outside shower in the tropical backyard, a nap in the hammock or on the large sofa on the front porch. 2. Grab a sandwich at the bait shop and sit looking out over Hillsboro Inlet. 3. Lunch with a cold glass of Chardonney overlooking the beach from the top floor of the SeaWatch (close by). 4. Outside patio dining with your dog at Galuppi's looking out over the beautiful new Greg Norman golf course while the sun sets! Sunday brunch at Galuppi's! 5. Watch the dogs run and play at the huge new dog park at the golf course. 6. Swim / exercise in the fabulous pool at the Pompano Beach park right across the bridge! 7. Spend the entire day (that's what it takes) at the HUGE Sawgrass Mills Mall. 8. A burger at Pelican's Landing, looking out over the Intracoastal Waterway and sitting next to a ten million dollar mega yacht! 9. A mohito at J. Marks! 10. Exploring the Ft. Lauderdale waterways on the 'Carrie B'. 11. Water taxi to restaurant/bar hop. 12. A two hour massage at Cort’s. And much much more....
- Primary: +1 9545623292 Please call so I can answer your questions!
Enjoy walking on the beach!
Step into your fun kitchen equipped with everything you need. Perfectly clean!
Taupe tile. Delicate stemware.
A guest wrote, 'We felt surrounded by someone who cares.'
Take a walk out onto the Pompano Beach pier.
My favorite escape is right down the beach! This is the Sea Watch restaurant.
King bed. Relax knowing you have a fresh spread and mattress pad.
You'll enjoy fine glassware and KitchenAid cookware in your ultra clean kitchen.
Serious cleanliness. Has a front door and a back door in the bedroom. Quiet.
Hi, I'm Betty! I CARE that you are comfortable!
'Fanciful' fish on the front patio.
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.