|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Lakeside cottage on Panther Pond in Raymond, ME, a 1,500 acre lake in the Lakes Region of Southern Maine. Raymond is conveniently located to Portland, ME (a 35 minute drive) and Boston, MA (2 hours, 30 minutes). Cottage is located a mile off the main road and has a private tennis court for our guests.
Lovely year round home, nicely appointed and recently completely updated. New kitchen cabinets, granite counter tops, island and updated appliances installed in 2012. Furnishings are newer family mix. The view across the lake (approximately 1 mile) is westerly with fabulous sunset views from the dock.
From the cottage deck, the lake is 75' down a natural and slightly sloping walk. Walk five steps down to the dock with is large, sturdy, platform for swimming, sunbathing and boating. There is a metal ladder on the end of the dock - approx. 4' on entry with sandy bottom. Boat launching facilities are located on Mill St. (South end of lake).
General Information/Special Features:
- Beds: Master Bedroom (1 Queen Size), Bedroom #2 (2 Twin Size), Sleeping Loft (2 Twin Sized) Other Sleeping: Queen sized sofa bed in Living Room.
- Bathroom(s) Main Floor: 1 Full Sized; Downstairs/Basement: 1 Full Sized
- Owner-owned private tennis court located on property
Other Information: Lakefront water levels are usually higher early in the summer. No smoking allowed anywhere on this property. Two kayaks are available for summer rentals.
Lower level includes office work space with high speed wireless internet - for those who have to stay in touch with the office while on vacation.
Very private, quiet. Occasional seaplane landing nearby during summer months (approx 1 per week).
- Good Life Market in Raymond ( high-end food market, wine, takeout) - 6 minutes
- Mosquito's Ice Cream (a favorite) - 7 minutes
- To N. Windham (groceries, restaurants, movies, etc.) 15 minutes
- Naples Lobster Pound (casual seating, a favorite of adults and children alike) - 15 minutes
- To Naples (restaurants, Long Lake Causeway, summer attractions) - 15 minutes
The loons are flourishing on Panther Pond!
Keywords: Lakeside Cottage, Lake,
We love spending time at our cottage in Maine, having spent childhood summers nearby. Our children (now in college) look forward to spending summer days at the lake and it is a very special place for our active family. Our favorite activities are playing tennis, swimming, sailing, and watching the gorgeous sunsets.
Scott Degerberg purchased this house in 2002
We were very familiar with the local area before we purchased our cottage since our children attended local area camps on Crescent Lake and Sebago Lake.
- Panther Pond is a very clear lake, has less boating activity compared to other lakes in the region.
- Since the cottage is located approximately one mile away from the main road, it is very private and quiet.
- Our owner-owned, private, tennis court has a hard surface court and is in great shape.
- Great Portland-area restaurants are a short drive away.
- Movie theaters, grocery stores, and other shopping needs are located nearby.
- The cottage is very comfortable for a family or for several couples looking to get away to the lake!
- Fall foliage is also beautiful.
- The loons will serenade you during the evenings!
The “Home of the Landlocked Salmon”, Raymond has seven lakes and ponds within its boundaries. The town offers a uniquely peaceful and healthy living environment with close proximity to Portland and other major population centers. Raymond is an all-season recreational center close to the Western Maine and New Hampshire mountain regions. The lakes and easy access to the mountains create an ideal environment for outdoor enjoyment.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Weekly-Summer (June-Labor Day)
Jun 24 2017 - Sep 4 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$400|
Rental rate includes linens/bath towels and final cleaning. Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed through owners rental agent.