Athens Log Cabin Getaway -Private Lake, Campfire, Serenity(48 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Cabin on lake, 2 BR plus loft with total 4 db/queen beds.- sleeps 6.
No matter what brings you here you will enjoy the solitude of being the only home on the lake. Many visitors come just to get away from the daily grind but most come here to be close to UGA activities! You can watch the game from the comfort of the cabin or be in the middle of Sanford Stadium in minutes.
Wifi is included and there is cell signal on the property. No pets and no smokers are allowed so we can keep the cabin fresh and clean.
While you are here you may enjoy fishing in the lake where there is an abundance of Brim, Crappy, Bass, and Catfish. You can sleep late and awaken to the beauty of the lake through the master bedroom window then go out to cruise the lake on kayaks or the jon boat. The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking utensils for any occasion. You can relax on the wraparound porch and enjoy meals indoors or out.
Theaters, shopping, you name it and it's there. The Commerce Outlet Malls are only 10 minutes from our home in case you have shopping on your mind!
After dinner, you can relax by the lake and enjoy s'mores by the campfire as you unwind from the day. Hmmm...sounds good!
We prefer to answer all questions and complete reservation via email through this site. Our reservation calender is up to date. If your date shows availability you can book online. Thanks!
Member since: 2009
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- The master and second bedroom are on the main level. Master bedroom has a beautiful view of the lake. The third bedroom is an upstairs loft that is open to the downstairs. This is a large area where there is one double bed, a sitting area, and plenty of room for an air mattress if more than six guests are expected....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Private 20 acre watershed lake perfect for swimming, fishing, or just enjoying the serenity, log cabin with tin roof is perfect for relaxing getaways or UGA football weekends. Wraparound porch on two sides with outdoor and indoor dining tables, exquisite decorating with luxury furnishings, porch swing. Lakefront: There is also room in the yard for 3-4 tents if kids want to camp out while the parents use the beds. Broadband Internet: Internet access available on request only for additional $30 per stay fee. WiFi (Wireless Internet): On request only. Pet Friendly: Housebroken only. $20 per pet fee. All pets must be registered. A fenced dog pen is available. Kid Friendly: Children must be monitored as the home is lakefront. Minimum Age Limit for Renters: Minimum age 23 for renters (ID required)...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Paper Towels
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
Additional information about rental rates
- Damage Protection Policy $39 + tax
- Tax Rate 7%
You can book now online! No pets allowed. Two night minimum. Must be 25 or older to book. The cabin is intended for family and personal vacations only. No weddings/receptions/parties. Max capacity 6 people 12.5 mi from UGA.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: I grew up on the 60 acre farm that surrounds this beautiful cabin. I built the cabin and lived there during college at UGA. After college it became a family getaway until I decided to share it with others through vacation rental.
Why the Owner Chose Nicholson, GA, USA:
We are the third generation of my family to own this property. The home is located on a private watershed lake that was built in the 1960's.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
There is no place like this where you can be so secluded and yet so close to town.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Luxury Log home on Private Lake
Large rock fireplace, 32 inch tv, table overlooking the lake, open to kitchen
Two kayaks with life jackets ! Enjoy year around even with a 4 year old!
Winter joy on one of the boats available.
One table downstairs, one upstairs, and one on the porch.
20 acre Private Lake at dusk
A family campfire safe for everyone.
Relax in the zero gravity chairs on the porch overlooking the lake
This room now has two double beds!
Take a moment to slow down and enjoy your loved ones.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.