Cosy and well equiped Villa with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms + a poolhouse with barbecue, small washingkitchen and third showerbathroom, with a superb view over the Pena Palace and the Moorish Castle on the Sintra mountain, very quiet and peaceful , with a private swimming pool (10,5m x 5m) , garden with deck-chairs and outdoor table for dining , cooking on the barbecue, facing south, ideal for big families with children or grandchildren, or for several couples with or without children.
It is an inspiring place to write, to paint or simply to relax and read.
Very near, you can profit from beautiful sandbeaches, monuments, museum, castles, parks, nice pedestrian walks, or mountainbiketrails.
Typical portuguese restaurants are nearby.
Situated near Sintra and Cascais , THE HERA HOUSE is a perfect location to stay, if you want to explore the area of Lisbon, Sintra, Cascais .
Early in 1996 UNESCO included Sintra in its list of world cultural heritage sites. During the next few years increased efforts have been made to restore the town's unique architectural character.
During your stay at THE HERA HOUSE, you can :
• get surf or bodyboard lessons at PRAIA GRANDE beach
• walk on the cliffs of PRAIA GRANDE beach , over mountain trails,
• visit the amazing wine cellars of Colares
• enjoy delicious food at some typical portuguese restaurants nearby
• visit Cabo da Roca - the most western point of continental Europe with splendid Atlantic views
• enjoy mountain bike trails on the Sintra mountain
Reach the following amazing beaches by car, in approx. 10-20min driving time:
• Praia da Adraga with a gorgeous Restaurant overlooking the beach
• Praia Grande (the Big Beach) - ideal for surf, longboard and body board , lessons available. You can find several restaurants with delicious portuguese food/appetizers and/or bars with terraces in front and overlooking the beach and sea.
• Praia das Maças - ideal for surf, bodyboard, lessons available. Nice sandy beach with very renown seafood restaurants overlooking the sea. Next to the beach you also can visit an public salt water pool with tennis courts. Fresh fruit, vegetables and fish can be found in the small market hall nearby. From here you can also take the little picturesque tram to Colares or Sintra !
• Guincho beach - known for many international surf, windsurf- and kite contests. ideal for kite surf, windsurf, surf, lessons available. The biggest beach in the area, visited by many international surfers and kite surfers. Very nice restaurant/bar with paid parking place on the northern side (Abano).
Visit the mystic Unesco World Heritage Village of Sintra and please do not miss the delicious "travesseiros" pastry served in typical coffeeshops or more elaborate tearooms. Some main touristic sights nearby are worth visiting. Here some of those you should not miss :
• Pena Palace
• Monserrate Palace
• National Palace and Seteais Palace
• Quinta da Regaleira
• Capuchos Convent
• Moorish Castle
Cascais has a great shopping center (Cascaishopping) and Marina, which you reach in about 25 min.
Estoril has a fantastic gambling casino.
If you like Golf there are several golf courses nearby , such as :
• Penha Longa
• the Quinta da Marinha
• the Oitavos
• Estoril Golf course
Profit from your stay to visit the charming Lisbon city , with its various districts, such as the typical moorish quarters of Alfama, Mouraria and Bairro Alto and discover and enjoy wonderful restaurants, bars and Fado houses (typical Portuguese music).
Modern parts of Lisbon - like the former Expo'98 area - are to be visited as well, especially if you have children or wildlife lovers in your group who will love to experience in the big Oceanarium.