A stunning view of Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline greets you upon arrival at our Rockaway Beach house. The ever changing view includes ferries, cargo ships and pleasure boat traffic, along with sea lions, porpoises, and bird life all set against the background of the Space Needle and the Seattle skyline. The open floor plan allows you to take in the views from almost anywhere in the house with most rooms having spectacular water views.
You will also appreciate the tranquility and natural beauty of our south island location while being just 4.9 miles from the shops and restaurants of downtown Winslow, along with your own private beach.
Living and Dining Area: While our location puts you in close proximity to many outdoor activities, you will also find your indoor time can be enjoyable as well. The house features:
• Propane Fireplace
• Queen sofa sleeper sofa along with two leather swivel chairs
• 42” LCD television with an extensive list of cable channels including HBO, HBO on Demand, ESPN and Showtime.
• Sound system to accommodate mp3 players and phones
• High speed wireless internet.
• Dining table with seating for up to six
• Alcove with desk
• Library area with a wide variety of hardcover books, games, and playing cards.
Kitchen: You will enjoy cooking and the view from this well equipped kitchen.
• Stainless steel appliances
• Dishwasher and disposal
• Twelve sets of dishes, and flatware
• Coffee maker, coffee grinder, and electric tea kettle.
Bedrooms (2): Enjoy waking up to dramatic sunrises and the sounds of the waves and sea gulls from the master bedroom. The master bedroom features a balcony overlooking the Puget Sound, king bed, LCD television with cable and ceiling fan. The loft bedroom features a queen sized bed.
Location and Activities: In addition to an outstanding view, our convenient location puts you in close proximity to a wide variety of activities. Some fun things to do include:
• Launching your kayak (provided complimentary) from your front yard beach and paddle to Winslow for breakfast (2.5 miles) or Tillicum Village on Blake Island ( 4.0 miles) or historic Port Blakely just a 100 yards away. Two kayaks are available for guest use from April 1st through October 31st.
• Cycling on the many lightly travelled roads of the island. Bikes available for rent from Classic Cycles in Winslow.
• Stretching your legs on one of the nearby forested hiking trails that are within easy walking distance. Maps and directions to nearby trails provided.
• Treating your palate to some great wine from the seven great, yet small, wineries on Bainbridge Island by visiting one or all of four wine tasting rooms in Winslow (4.9m)
• Enjoying some local culture by visiting the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art or the Bainbridge Island Historical Museum.
• Taking in a current run movie at the Historic Lynwood Theatre which first opened in 1936 (2.4 m)
Keywords: Beachfront, View, House