May 31-Jun 12 @ $99/nt!! Top Floor, 2 BR, 1 Bth, 4 Beds, Sleeps 6, Ocean View(18 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Condo, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 4-6 in 2 queens, 2 twins)
Regular Policy (excludes 'Specials'):
* Pre-pay in full and receive a 10% discount if paying via a check/money order; 5% via a credit card
* Stay 14+ nights and receive a 12% discount (6% via credit card), a free mid-stay cleaning and linen change
* We have successfully processed payments via credit cards or checks for years with complete safety
* Parking is free
* Cleaning after departure is $125.00
* EFFECTIVE 2016, the Papakea resort began a Facilities Use Fee of $17 per night for the first 10 nights of a stay (max of $170). This fee will be collected by the resort itself at the time of checkout. WE DO NOT COLLECT THIS FEE.
To contact us quickly, call or text Dave at (503) 407-7494, or go to the right of the top view photo, enter your dates and then "Send a Message". The calendar is always accurate.
NOTE: ***** This unit has 2 queen-sized beds and 2 twins, to sleep 6 (max) - but only one bath. NO SOFA BED. It is great for families and close friends!
Welcome to Papakea H401 at North Kaanapali Beach! You are viewing a very unique condominium in West Maui with a really beautiful ocean view. The unit is very well equipped, nicely furnished, and was renovated in August/September 2009. Other improvements were made in April 2011, August & October 2013, and in May 2016
• Wireless internet is installed in the unit
• Sleeps 4 (6 if you are family - only 1 bathroom)
• Master bedroom + loft
• 1 Bathroom (small tub with shower)
• Towels/linens, soaps, etc. provided
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Great view
• Low-rise resort (4 stories max)
• 13 acre property - beautiful grounds
• Walk to farmers market, rental shops, plate lunch restaurants, other restaurants, ABC store
• Area has a great ‘old Hawaii’ feel to it
• It is in the “H” building, which is close to parking and the lobby
• Top floor, end unit (4th floor, elevator) with very nice views
• 2 levels - main floor + loft
• Main floor: master bedroom w/queen-sized bed; bathroom; kitchen; living/dining area; lanai - great views from the main floor and lanai
• Loft: two (2) twin beds; one queen. Open to the living area below
• Sleeps four to six - great for families
• 3 ceiling fans
• Window air conditioner in the living room - do not expect 'hotel-like' air conditioning; Papakea was built without central a/c
• TV, DVD/VCR player - living room. iPod/iPhone-4 player/charger/radio in the kitchen area
• Kitchen: electric range/oven, microwave above range, dishwasher
• All small appliances, utensils, etc. - well-equipped kitchen
• STACKED WASHER AND DRYER
• New countertops, new hall mirrored doors, new faucets, new bathroom sink, new microwave, new carpet and drapes, and fresh paint - work done in 2009, 2011, 2013, and 2016.
• Open, soaring feeling - cathedral ceilings
• End unit
• View of the beautiful and well-maintained grounds, which include lush vegetation, 'koi' ponds, swaying coconut palm trees, the swimming pool, tiki torches, and of course, the Pacific Ocean!
• You can also watch sailboats go by (and whales in the winter months)
• Gaze at the Island of Molokai from your very own lanai
• View of the West Maui mountains through the large window in the living room
• Papakea has significant acreage (13 acres), and the buildings are only four stories high. Only the top floor units provide you with the cathedral ceilings and the loft area
• Gentle breezes flow naturally through the unit most of the time
• Except for the very hottest month or two, we have found air conditioning to be unnecessary
• What better way to enjoy Maui - the fresh mountain air and sea breezes
• At night you can hear the ocean waves breaking on the beach
• The unit has tiled floors in the hallway, bathroom, and kitchen
• The living room and master bedroom are carpeted, as is the loft
We understand that you are looking for value on your Maui vacation. We have researched the pricing for upgraded units similar to ours and have priced our unit competitively. Please shop and compare. Call us or e-mail us to discuss our pricing.
Please also check out our Map below. We are working on this page frequently to help you find places of interest, places to eat, and fun things to do!
The Papakea Resort's address is 3543 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Lahaina, HI 96761. It is adjacent to the Kaanapali Shores. The area is called Honokowai. It is minutes from the Kapalua airport, which has daily service to Honolulu. The Papakea is a non-smoking resort.
Answers to frequently-asked questions:
• Parking is free
• The Papakea has beach lounge chairs around the pool
• The Papakea lobby provides excellent concierge service to help you book your fun adventures
• The unit has beach towels and had some snorkel gear, 3 boogie boards, a cooler, 2 tennis racquets, and 4 beach chairs (as of May 13, 2016)
• The kitchen is fully equipped and has some common spices; however, bring your own spices, sugar, coffee, tea, etc. (we usually bring them in zip-lock bags)
• Bring your own shampoo and hair dryer
• Minimum depth of the 2 swimming pools is 3 feet
• Putters and golf balls are available at the front desk for a small fee
• Tennis racquets and balls are also available for a small fee
• Check in time: 3:00 PM
• Check out time: 11:00 AM
• Papakea is a non-smoking resort (there are designated smoking areas near the parking lot)
• The main Kaanapali Resort area (Westin, Sheraton, Whaler, Hyatt, etc.) is 2.5 miles south of Papakea
• Lahaina is about 5 miles south, about a 10 minute drive
• Maui “red dust” - the West Maui mountains are barren now - the pineapple fields are empty. The red clay can cause red dust. It is more apparent during high winds. Sometimes this dust will get onto the lanai furniture - wipe down the furniture before using - the red dust can stain clothes
• New carpets were installed May 4, 2016
• New upholstery installed on chairs and barstools March 25, 2011
• New drapes were installed in April 2011
• New upholstery on the sofa and chair installed in September 2013
As required by Hawaii Law Act 326, our tax ID is W40878766-01 and Emilio Villanueva is our local maintenance and cleaning service contact.
Keywords: Maui, Kaanapali, Papakea, View
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Master: Queen size Bed Loft: Queen size bed and two twin Beds
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Shared Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 27 - Sep 5, 2017
1 night min stay
Sep 6 - Nov 17, 2017
1 night min stay
Nov 18 - Nov 26, 2017
1 night min stay
Nov 27 - Dec 22, 2017
1 night min stay
Dec 23 - Jan 2, 2018
1 night min stay
Jan 3 - Jan 31, 2018
1 night min stay
Feb 1 - Feb 28, 2018
1 night min stay
Mar 1 - May 31, 2018
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 13.25%
If you pre-pay in advance you will receive a 10% discount. This offer excludes 'Specials', where the discount will be more than 10%.
Personal check, credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover), money order, bank draft, or Monopoly money (just kidding!)
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
There are several Luau locations near Papakea.
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: Our family has owned at Papakea since 1999. Dave and Tracy Dudek are the owners. We have two sons, ages 16 and 22. We love the islands and lived on Oahu for many years. We enjoy our second home very much, and hope that you will, too! Aloha.
Why the Owner Chose Lahaina, HI, USA:
Maui has been rated as one of the top destinations by leading travel magazines for years. We agree! We particularly love West Maui because you can stay as busy as you like, or you can relax, 'hang loose'. We felt that if we enjoyed this area so much, others would, too. We also felt it would be a great long-term investment for our family.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Looking out over the spectacular Papakea gardens, pools, Tiki Torches at night, and the Island of Molokai from our 'lanai' is our most enjoyable benefit. From Papakea you can walk to the beach quickly, walk to a nearby beach park, rent snorkeling gear, surfboards, and other water equipment. There are farmers markets, restaurants, and shops very close by. Our boys particularly love what we call 'buffo hunting' at night. The big Hawaiian frogs (buffos) will be out around the pools, and we sneak up on them and gently grab them behind the ears! It's fun!
- Primary: (503) 670-1161
- Secondary: (503) 407-7494 (Oregon, USA)
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Fantastic rainbow & ocean view from Papakea H401. Lush gardens; Molokai view
Kitchen renovated August-September 2009
The living room is nicely furnished (new upholstered sofa/chair not shown)
Convenient dining area, TV, radio, VCR/DVD player
Remodeled bathroom - new sink, faucet, and countertop
View of the dining area from the loft. Behind the TV is a window air conditioner
Master bedroom with dresser, 2 nightstands, ceiling fan, small seat
The loft also has 2 twin beds, a dresser, 2 nightstands, lights & a ceiling fan
View of West Maui Mountains from the living room
Here's our boys in 2006, at night with flashlights, 'Buffo Hunting'!
Papakea is in West Maui - the area is 'Honokowai'
H401 floor plan with loft
Remodeled kitchen w/new microwave, new countertops
Dine on the lanai with a beautiful ocean view!
Newly installed hallway mirrored doors, cool tile floor
The Master bedroom has a new comforter and decorative pillows
The Loft has a queen-sized bed; 2 twin beds, and a ceiling fan.
Fantastic sunsets from the top floor at the Papakea resort
Beautiful Napili Bay, just minutes north of Papakea - great for all ages
In Maui, August 2013, Duke's restaurant at Honua Kai
Papakea Resort layout
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.