When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
***Please see our two virtual tours and more pictures in 'Links to more information' below***
Newly remodeled 5 bedroom 2 bath lodge - over 1700 sq ft. - in South Lake Tahoe’s desirable Al Tahoe community that comfortably sleeps 12 in beds. Park your car and walk a few blocks to the lake and Regan Beach (attached photo - with children’s playground) or walk to Al Tahoe Meadow with acres of open space for snow shoeing, hiking, biking or fishing. Also within walking distance are kayak or bike rentals and several delicious restaurants: Sprouts - Organic Californian, Mexican, a Deli, and our favorite – Snowflake for burgers and milkshakes.
Stateline’s casinos (Casino Corridor) are less than 3 miles away (a $10 cab ride), and within 2 miles is Heavenly Ski Resort (ski lifts and zip line), Heavenly Village (shopping, restaurants, ice rink, gondola) and Edgewood Golf Course. Camp Richardson/Valhalla Historic Resort is 5 miles away, Emerald Bay is 12 miles away.
This comfortable lodge is large enough for family reunions and multi-family vacations and includes:
• Hot tub comfortably fitting 5 - 6 adults
• Pet friendly (for small fee)
• New forced air heater - keeps whole house warm during winter ***Ask your other rental options - most Tahoe cabins have wall or space heaters ***
• Refurbished kitchen with granite counters, knotty pine cabinets, new range, dishwasher, microwave and fridge
• Beautiful knotty pine living room with leather couches, granite dining island, gas fireplace and large 37' flat panel TV with Direct TV
• The “Wooden Boat” Master bedroom with Cal King bed, 450ct. Egyptian cotton sheets, Direct TV and a DVD/VCR
• Large bathroom with shower and tub
• The “Fishing Room” with a Queen and Full bed
• The “Ski Room” with a Queen 'cedar-log' bed and attached bathroom with shower
• The “Teen Room” with twin-below-double bunk beds, air hockey table, Direct TV/DVD/VCR and indoor basketball hoop
• The “Kids Room” with twin bunk beds and separate washer and dryer in closet
• Both Kids and Teen Rooms have attached doors which separate them from the rest of the house (i.e., kids play/rough-house in the back with basketball, air hockey, and Direct TV/movies, while parents relax in the front rooms undisturbed)
- New bathrooms with granite counters and luxurious towels sets
- WIFI access
- All new beds have tasteful comforters with additional blankets, high-thread count cotton sheets, and new pillows
- Pack-n-play crib, toys and books available for kids (leave your stuff at home)
- Close to Heavenly Bus Route and $10 RT bus to Kirkwood, covered parking for 2 cars and flat, snow plowed roads in and out of the Lodge (no hills)
- Very short drive (less than 10 mins) to Taylor Creek visitor center. In October, the visitor center hosts the Kokanee Salmon Festival - not to be missed!
Keywords: Cabin, Lodge, Casinos, Heavenly, Kirkwood, Lake
Were from Alamo, just East of San Francisco, and love South Lake Tahoe / Al Tahoe for its natural beauty and amazing proximity to fantastic amenities! We're looking forward to having you stay with us at South Lake Lodge
John and Mandy Nelson purchased this lodge in 2009
We love Al Tahoe! Al Tahoe is one of South Lake Tahoe's oldest and most historic neighborhoods. It is located in the center of South Lake Tahoe between Regan Beach and Lake Tahoe Blvd, quickly accessible as it's close to Highway 50. It is extremely safe for strolling with small children and long jogs/runs in the Meadow. Regan Beach is just a short walk away from our home with a playground for kids and many geese to chase! Other Lake Tahoe activities are very near to the Al Tahoe area including Heavenly Valley Ski & Village, Camp Ricardson/Valhalla Historic Resort, Emerald Bay, Casino Corridor, and the El Dorado Beach Recreation Area/boat ramp.
We want your stay at South Lake Lodge to be like that at a high-end Bed & Breakfast. You'll find no 70's furniture, orange shag rugs, or funky tile here - we've completely gutted and replaced the bathrooms, kitchen, flooring, fixtures, lighting and added high-end furnishing for your (and our) comfort and enjoyment. Our hope is that you'll treat South Lake Lodge like your own and keep coming back to stay with us.
(Comment emailed directly to South Lake Lodge owner) We just came back from a great trip - our usual rental home was booked so we tried "South Lake Lodge" and loved it! Here's what stood out:
- While the home isn't new, the furnishings, kitchen and baths look like they were newly updated and were very clean & high-end compared to other rental houses we've stayed at
- The kids spent hours in the game room which gave us adults time to actually sit down, relax and talk:)
- The owners left us a free bottle of wine to enjoy - a nice touch after 5 hours in the car!
- We walked to this amazing beach each morning w/ the kids - a great park and playground for those with little ones
- The owners hooked us up with a great babysitter which gave us a chance to hit the casino's two of the nights - my wife even won $2,000 on video poker more than paying for our trip:)
No real negatives except the thunderstorms in August can cut your beach days a bit short
We enjoyed your Lodge in South Tahoe. My grandkids enjoyed El Dorado Beach which is real near the Lodge. We rented bikes, went "putt putt golfing", and enjoyed the local restaurants.
Everything about our experience was absolutely perfect. The owners were a delight to work with - easy to communicate with and very prompt with responses. Thanksgiving morning we had a slight issue with a frozen pipe but the owners were easy to reach and happy to help us. My Father-In-Law was extremely impressed that they were so easily accessible on a major holiday. The whole family loved the house. It was a great space for 7 adults and 2 children, and everyone loved all the wildlife/rustic touches. I highly recommend this rental!
I have not ever complained anything about accommodation in my life, but this time I should do it. Honestly, it was totally not a good experience for me to stay there for two nights. I invited my friends who graduated recently for celebration, but nothing there besides the nature of Tahoe was not in good condition. I did not expect anything like luxury lodge, but there are only one really small size shampoo and seven bath towels, no kitchen paper towel, which should be much more for eight guests. In the evening of my first day there, I spent two hours to figure out that gas grill does not have enough propane, to contact managers and owners, and to get finally propane from Safeway by myself. John compensated the propane gas but I did not expect there were two empty propane tanks. Even I found a bunch of blankets and towels that were not in dried condition from the dryer when I wanted to clean my only one bath towel. dirt is almost everywhere not just on the floors but also on kitchen counter-top where we need to eat. Hot tub is full of pollen and dirt so we never can use it. Finally, the real problem happened, there is only one trash bag set up in the big trash can. Isn't it normal to expect extra trash bags for someone staying for two days? The worst thing came up. I contacted him again and informed that I could not clean up everything perfect. So he said I can put everything in the kitchen so cleaners take it later easily. A good thing is he did not charge any extra cleaning fee for me. But certainly I think this property was not managed properly. I would like to recommend to reconsider everything before having new guest.
John and Mandy were great to work with, this place is big and great for our two families, they recently built a big redwood deck and fenced in the whole back yard so our kids could play without worry, there is a game room in the back and the two bunk rooms are great with their own tv and about 30 movies for them to watch, the kids had there own wing of the lodge to play in, and the adults stayed up front by the fireplace (in peace), big hot tub that was great and so close to Heavenly Ski and the casinos, also close to the lake we would walk down at night and watch the sun set....covered parking was nice to keep snow off cars. We also walked to Snowflake for burgers and shakes, and to Rojos for BBQ and beers....fun time, already booked again for summer....
We had a great summer trip to this lodge. It does not have the best curb appeal, but inside is very big and very well decorated. I was also very clean compared to other summer rentals. Walking distance to the lake and shops was great. The owners were very helpful and gave us great ideas for day trips.
This is an excellent house for large or multi families with children. The house is spacious with plenty of dishes, pots and pans and user friendly furnishings. Everything you need is here with plenty of bedding and large fluffy towels. Close to absolutely everything from the beach to the casinos to the slopes. It doesn't look like much from the outside, plain and utilitarian but the inside is comfy and cozy. I've stayed in 7-8 VRBO places and have never been disappointed, same applies here.
We have contacts with local ski instructors and childcare.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jan 12 2017 - Jan 16 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$150 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|