About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Condo, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
This loft style condo with its vaulted ceilings, large windows and new paint is clean, bright and cozy. It has two queen size beds in both the master and loft bedroom (plus a very comfortable, tempurpedic mattress sleeper sofa in the living room for extra sleeping). The loft bedroom has a full bathroom with a shower and the bathroom downstairs has been remodeled and has shower/tub combo.
The kitchen is fully equipped to cook all meals or you can enjoy a Bar-b-que on ground level with a picnic area which is available for all units. The rest of the condo is also fully equipped with all the amenities of a home away from home. Enjoy the family friendly Charlie Young beach (also called Kamole Sands 1 beach) mainly for its calmer surf, beautiful long white beach and the short walk from our condo.
We have beach chairs, and beach towels for your use. The condo has new carpeting in the bedrooms and tiled floors in the living room, kitchen and lanai.
The six championship tennis courts are also fun on the cool side of the evening.
The complex is beautifully kept, always clean and manicured to perfection. For extra safety and peace of mind their is a security guard on duty at all times. Come and share our vacation home and Maui, the memories that you create are lifelong.
Dean and Brynn Dawson
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
About Dean and Brynn Dawson
I am a teacher and mom from Washington state. I inherited this wonderful condo from my mother who passed away from breast cancer in 2011. She always felt her heart was in Hawaii. The condo was her dream. It was her special place and is ours as well. I hope it brings as many happy memories for our guests as it always has for us.
Dean and Brynn Dawson purchased this Condo in 2009
What makes this Condo unique
I really enjoy the warm tropical breeze that keeps my condo cooler than most. I love to go to the beach first thing in the morning and have my latte' and in the evening sit with a glass of wine and watch the sunset. In between I enjoy the restaurants, shopping, movies, the swimming pool, which is right by our unit, and a nice bar-b-que in the evenings which is something our complex offers for each building.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Would recommend staying here!
Condo was the perfect size for our family of 4. Owner was very helpful with questions that we had before our stay. Condo well stocked, clean and quiet! Staff at office friendly and helpful.
Disappointing unit in a nice complex. 1 month rental in the Maui Vista: Jan/Feb 2018
As there is no rating for these condos it is up to renters to leave a review so others have a fairly good idea of what they are renting. I might add that we have stayed at several condos in South Kihei over the last 23 years so feel we have a fair judgement on giving advice.
1) Speed of internet is good.
2) This condo does not heat up during the day as the glass doors do not face into the sun,
thus, we did not use the air conditioners.
3) There are beach chairs and sun umbrellas for use.
4) Both beds in the main and guest rooms desperately need replacing. The guest room has quite a ‘dip’ in it, causing the smaller person to roll into the other person. The bed in the main bdrm is so hard we had to purchase a bed foamy after 3 nights of constantly rolling around and our hips and legs aching. There is currently a ‘topper’ which is useless and it is flat from too much use. These beds are wearing out with revolving use and are not being replaced.
5) Upon entering, I was not happy to see shag carpet, which I have not seen for over 30 years. This was on the stairs leading up as well as both bdrms. They don’t appear to be very clean, vacuumed yes, but not clean and my new white socks at the end of the day proved it.
6) The living areas of the condo are old tile floors showing a lot of age with multiple chips. They are hard & cold on the feet.
7) TV does not work – No instructions for use. We called the local rep and were told to reboot the cable box. This worked once. From then on all we got was an error message, ”Not Connected.”
8) One of the large burners on the stove does not work and the dishwasher can only steam dry on the ‘regular’ cycle. The ‘light’ cycle only works with heat of all things. Such a waste of electricity as the regular cycle takes at least 2 hours.
9) The ceiling fan in the main bdrm does not work so we used fans. The living room fan has dirt curling around the edges - yuck!
This condo is lacking love and attention. The paint is old, the appliances are breaking down and cannot be fixed (we asked). There is no welcome basket, such as we were delighted to receive in our 2nd condo. The upholstery needs replacing on the chairs (rips) and the colour scheme appears to be 20-30 years old. The sheets are old and yellowed – no rips yet. We rented both these condos last spring, back to back for 2018, and were very disappointed with this 2 bdrm condo. Quite a difference in quality for a comparable price.
Enjoyed our stay in Kihei!
The location of the condo was great - centrally located, easy in and out, quick elevator, plenty of free parking, just across from the beach, near the harbor, and close to some awesome restaurants! The property was very pretty and well maintained. The condo was comfortable and had everything we needed (including more than enough bath towels), and lots of great amenities that we just didn't have time to use. Next time we'll just have to stay longer!
Nice place to spend a vacation!
Comfortable. Convenient. Everything we needed to stay away from home. Homey atmosphere. Very quiet. Owner responds right away to any questions. We really enjoyed our time.
Loved the condo. Comfortable and well stocked. Great location across from Charley Young Beach.
quiet, safe, ok
The location was great. Parking was easy. Area was clean. Room was quiet. I think it could use some upgrades however. Sorry, but the kitchen cabinets smelled like old, old cabinets. Maybe it would help to put in new shelf paper. The air conditioner was barely able to cool the place. The furnishings could use a new theme; not Hawaiian at all. I might recommend this to others and for sure would if it was upgraded. Oh, don't know if this is that important but the beach umbrella was broken.