|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
This property is in a fantastic area close to the west entrance of the National Park. Seriously... the drive is 12 minutes from the door to the West Entrance of the park, a lot of places claim this but really aren't that close. The house originated as a 50's homestead cabin and has been remodeled by the Palm Springs Architectural firm O2 Architecture. It is a very special space with great architectural details.
The house is spacious with a great flow, yet very cozy. There is a lot of glass with incredible views in every direction. The house is on 5 acres loaded with natural flora and fauna. You don't have to leave the property to feel like you've gotten away from everything. Feel the desert, drink in the night sky, cook a killer meal and enjoy you're stay!
Keywords: Rental Cabin, Joshua Tree, vacation rental, modern, quite, cozy, private, national park, desert, rock climbing, wildlife, music, retreat, peaceful
We are completely enamored by this part of the California desert. We enjoy Joshua Tree year round and are extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to come here as often as we do. We hope you come out and get your desert fix.
The Owner purchased this house in 2002
We simply love the area.
Views, relaxation, solitude, hiking, star gazing, pure fun.
This house is well designed and maintained with lots of interesting features. The views up to the hills and down to the valley are tremendous. Furniture is comfortable and well placed. The master bathroom with jacuzzi doesn't have a door and can't be used to shower but that wasn't an issue for us since there is a second bathroom. John was a pleasure to work with. Horseshoes were fun out back and the record collection and Hifi were also a trip. FYI the dirt roads around the house are pretty rough but the benefit is a very quiet neighborhood with great views. We loved the place.
This place was wonderful! Room for kids to play and explore. Relaxed, beautifully appointed space to hang. The view was breathtaking. Close to the park. We will be back. Thank you!
- Aesthetic of the house was fantastic, enough to overlook the cons
- House is actually a lot larger than it appears in the photos, kitchen is very spacious, living room can fit two full size air mattresses comfortably
- Outdoor campfire (not shown in the photos) was great, we brought our own firewood as instructed
- Access into the house was simple and pretty clear
- Record Player - was broken so we were not able to play the records
- Master Bath shower - leaks and floods a LOT, we had the use the extra bath towels in the linen closet to soak up the water each time after we shower, water even floods on to the carpet in the room
- Master Bath - if you are conservation and have multiple people staying at the house, this is not a good place for you. The bathroom is completely see through and you can see someone nude in the daylight and at night as the bathroom glass doors are by the front entrance to the home
- Amenities - no hand soap in kitchen or guest bath, no dish soap in kitchen
My friends and I had an amazing weekend at this house. The style of this house was super cool, while also being incredibly comfortable. The tub is AMAZING. It was so close to town and the park. After hiking in the park it was so nice to come back to the house and enjoy the outdoor space there as well. Great kitchen with everything you could need to cook awesome meals. I would definitely stay at this home again!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay