Stunning Mountain Views in Pristine, Serene, Natural Setting. Luxurious Comfort.(68 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 bedrooms, plus guest cottage, 4 full baths. Compound sleeps up to 11
Step from your car and take a breath of cool mountain air. Hard to believe you’re 28 miles from Charlottesville, eighty-nine miles from Washington. The edge of the wild, this land borders Shenandoah National Forest, the most populous black bear country on the East Coast, with stunning views of the Blue Ridge mountains and the tiny, picturesque community of Graves Mill in the valley below. If you prefer hiking mountain trails, fishing a trout stream or sipping a drink on the wide two-story porch, this is the spot. Wintering in? Let it snow. The whole-house generator automatically keeps things cozy in the event of power outage. Add a steam sauna, two-person Jacuzzi with a view, Rumford fireplace in the Great Room and winter becomes a dreamer's paradise. Springtime brings Mountain Laurel and eagles. Summer offers cool relief from the flatlands. Then comes Autumn, a season you have to truly see to believe.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Smoking: Smoke-free home.
Noise Control: In keeping with the peaceful tranquility of the region, no ATVs or motorcycles permitted on property.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 3800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 10-11
- The two bedrooms on level 3 share a full bath. The two bedrooms on level 2 (entry level) share one full bath. The cottage has a full bath. The home sleeps 10 in beds comfortably depending on group composition (couples versus singles, mix of children versus adults, etc.). There are auxiliary beds, but contact owners to ensure your group will be comfortable. If cribs are applicable, the group size could easily be more than 10....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- The two-story porch stretches the length of the main house and offers a stunning panoramic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah National Forest, which the adjoins the property. Great room has wood-burning Rumford fireplace. Whole house generator, blown-in insulation and top-of-the-line Anderson windows provide dependable maximum comfort and warmth even in heavy winter storms. Steam sauna on first floor near small exercise room with treadmill and free-weight bench. Rain shower, and two person heated Jacuzzi in second floor master bath. Cozy media room with high definition satellite TV. and WiFi. Four-wheel drive vehicles recommended in Winter. Designer kitchen for serious chefs. Local personal chef services available (ask owner). Massage services available (ask owner)....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Filtered Water
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Security System
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Porch / Veranda:
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning / linen set up $175 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Tax Rate 10.3%
Owners honor the rate agreed to at time of booking. Holiday rates apply for Thanksgiving and Christmas; contact owners. Rates and rental arrangement apply to the entire compound, both the house and the cottage. Payments are fully refunded if cancellation is made at least 60 days prior to arrival.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property is located about a mile from Graves Mill, VA and is just off of Bluff Mountain Road, bordering on the Shenanndoah National Park. The area is lovely and unspoiled, very scenic, with easy and close access to the Rapidan and Conway Rivers as well as Graves Mill hiking trail.
Other Activities: Antiquing, music festivals, seasonal festivals, historic sites, mountain trail hiking, trout fishing, swimming, rafting, canoeing.
Main House - Front Entrance
2nd Floor Porch - Enjoy Morning Coffee and Fantastic Views
Designer Kitchen - a Chef's Delight
2nd Floor Master - Gas fireplace with direct access to porch overlooking valley
Game Room- Great for family fun on Rainy Days or Evenings
Dining in the Great Room invites guests to linger and enjoy good company.
Summer view of the valley from the porch
View of house and cottage facing southwest.
Cottage sitting room, inviting and peaceful.
Enjoy breathtaking views in every direction.
Enjoy the sunset from the upper level porch.
Main House - Porches Overlooking the Valley
Great Room - Gathering Spot with Cozy Fireplace
2nd Floor Single Bedroom - views of the valley below
3rd Floor Master - Gas fireplace and views of the tallest mountains
Open, bright and inviting floor plan. Wonderful for guest socializing.
View of Valley in Autumn
Lower porch. The cottage is seconds away.
Guest Cottage - Private & Quiet. Queen Bed, Full Bath
Cottage with queen bed. Private but close to main house.
Sunset across the valley.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Friday, April 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.