Elegant San Miguel Home in Historic Centro with Sweeping Views(28 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms + Sunroom, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
- A beautiful, newly constructed home (completed in 2007)
- Designed by internationally renowned San Miguel resident architects House + House
- A showcase of the amazing architecture of Mexico today
- Contemporary styling with walls of glass and high ceilings
- Sunny and full of light, a rare feature in many San Miguel houses.
- Warm, soothing colors
- Stylishly and comfortably furnished
- Regional art throughout
- Wonderful views from inside and out
- Featured in the book, Houses in the Sun
- Selected to be on the SMA House and Garden Tour
Casa Joya is in a wonderful location of the Historic Center:
- Close to all you’d want to see and do but on a quiet residential walkway, away from traffic noise
- Located in the UNESCO World Heritage Historic Centro
- An easy 10-minute (or less) stroll to the Jardin (the Central Plaza)
- Just 2 blocks from the wonderful, must-see Artisan Market
Details of the House:
- Three (3) floors and 2500 square ft. offer both a feeling of space and privacy
- Master bedroom on first floor with king bed and en-suite bathroom
- Well equipped kitchen for those who love to cook -- set up for ease and convenience.
- A patio off the kitchen features a dramatic two-story water wall sculpture studded with cobblestones
- Two bedrooms on the 2nd floor: one with a queen bed and the other with two twins. The twin beds can also be converted into a second king bed
- 2nd bathroom has striking tile work and polished concrete details (see photo).
- Family room on the 3rd floor views, flat screen HD TV, DVD player and hidden wet bar. Also has a pull out couch for additional sleeping arrangement.
- Inviting and comfortable roof terrace with wonderful vistas of the historic town center. Partially covered so it is perfect for day or evening. Ideal for quiet reading, cocktails, conversation, and watching twilight and evening fall over San Miguel's historic skyline
- A second terrace has unparalleled views of five of San Miguel's major churches and the western mountain sunsets
- Maid service 3x weekly. Cleaning, laundry, and shopping (if requested). Light cooking (breakfast or an occasional comida) is offered for an extra fee
- Vonage Phone Service for free long distance calling -- Using our dedicated Vonage phone you can make free telephone calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
Here is what recent visitors Peter and Jackie from Ontario, Canada had to say about Casa Joya:
'Our very favorite place to stay, Casa Joya has so many wonderful attributes. Among them are its stunning views of the city and the surrounding Sierra, its perfect location so close to the center of San Miguel, and the marvel of the Casa itself, beautifully designed and the terrace is so beautifully lit at night it makes one wonder if its all real. It is so light and airy that the interior and courtyards seem to be one. We spent four weeks their in 2010 and we highly recommend it.'
Keywords: Home, House, Vacation Rental, Vacation Home, San Miguel Rental Home, San Miguel Vacation Rental, San Miguel Vacation Home, Vacation Home San Miguel Centro
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 7
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Monument View:
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Free Long Distance:
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 8 - Apr 16, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 6%
Minimum stay 3 nights. Per night stay under 7 days is $250/night mid-week. Weekend rates (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) are $334/night.
50% deoosit at booking. Balance 45 days in advance of check-in date.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
About: My husband and I have traveled the globe for fun and work our entire 20+ years together. We have homes in San Francisco where we are originally from and now New York where we chose to move because business allowed. When we first saw San Miguel de Allende, it was introduced to us by the architects who remodeled our home in San Francisco in 1999. They own and build many homes in San Miguel and were raving about this absolutely magical 450-year old colonial town in Mexico. We fell under it's spell the first time we visited with our children, bought a piece of land in the historic center, and with these same architects built a dream vacation home for ourselves. We love all things cultural, hence our delight in living outside of NYC, and historical, but wanted a more relaxed environment to get away to. San Miguel fits all of these characteristics like a charm!
Why Zona Centro, San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico:
Centro Historic is the epicenter of San Miguel's vibrant life. This area is not only beautiful and historic, but where you will find most of the town's restaurants, cultural events (music, film and lectures), galleries, shopping and it's numerous and not to be missed regional and religious festivals. As San Miguel is truly a walking town, living in and around Centro Historico gives you easy access to all the best of what SMA has to offer and Casa Joya is perfectly located to reach any the town's best attractions easily by foot.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We built Casa Joya to be a home away from home, making sure it was comfortable and functional as well as a delight to the eye. Casa Joya is: - a beautiful art-filled contemporary Mexican modern home, complete with all the amenities one would want for an extended stay - in the heart of the Historic Center but in very quiet neighborhood - perfectly located to reach any the town's best attractions by foot. San Miguel is a walking town - only two short blocks from the famed covered market and artisan shopping district - just blocks from main square or 'Jardin' - easy walking distance to numerous restaurants, shopping, antiquing and the epicenter of all regional and artistic festivals - Vonage phone service -- free calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
- Primary: +1 7135893524
Links to more information:
Dining Room, Kitchen and Courtyard
Living Room with Two-Story High Ceiling and Cozy Fireplace.
Kitchen with Patio and Two-Story 'Waterfall'
Bird's Eye View of Entry Courtyard
2nd Floor Bedroom with Queen Bed Overlooking Main Courtyard
Mosaic Detail of 2nd Floor Bath
Family Room with flat screen TV & wet bar. Next to Roof Top Terrace & Views.
Another view of Family Room. Also has a fold-out sofa.
Bird's Eye View of San Miguel de Allende
La Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel, the symbol of San Miguel.
The beautiful colors of San Miguel
Night view into Living Room from Courtyard
Folding glass doors make the living room and courtyard an indoor-outdoor space.
Exterior Door Leading into the Entry Courtyard
Master Bedroom on Main Floor
Sculpted Staircase Leading to the Second Floor
2nd Floor Bedroom Overlooking Inner Courtyard and Two-Story 'Waterfall'
Stairway to Roof Top Patio
Family Room. Cozy place for reading, relaxing and watching TV.
Roof Top Patio and View of Historic Centro
The Jardin - a place to gather and the site of San Miguels many celebrations.
The Jardin - San Miguel's Central Plaza - at night.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the manager or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.