Toddler-Happy Family Retreat with Mega Ocean Views, Steaming Hot Tub(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
VRBO Bear stayed here: We found this property to be beary special Read review
About the Property
Multi-generation friendly. Make memories to last forever.
Welcome to Lincoln City, a quiet escape known for fresh clams and crabs, sparkling agate, and exquisite, hand-blown glass floats.
Welcome to a family retreat where every detail encourages you to sit back, relax and enjoy time with your loved ones.
Welcome to a cozy, comfortable getaway where expansive decking, streaming sunlight, and picture windows invite the crashing surf into every room.
Welcome to the Shearwaterhouse, a Pacific oceanview home just a block to the scenic Oregon coastline.
Each of our three bedrooms feature its own theme: will you don an eye patch in the Captain's Quarters, grow gills for the Mermaid Lounge, or explore the ocean's depths Under the Sea? Our master suite (Captain's Quarters) is perfect for the ambulatory-compromised, as it's located on the main floor and has a walk-in shower. (Note there is one step to enter the home and main floor.) And for our youngest visitors, not only does the Under the Sea bedroom feature fun décor, but the king bed and futon configuration is perfect for parents who want to keep children close at night.
Our home is perfect for:
• Multi-Generational Travel: With 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, child-friendly features, and accessibility for the mobility impaired, the Shearwaterhouse perfectly accommodates three generations of travelers.
• Young Families: At the Shearwaterhouse, babies and toddlers are safe and secure. We have a sturdy baby gate, baby-safe decking, and plans to babyproof further. Even better, the littlest members of your family will love our climbing cube, pack n' play, and other accessories. And parents appreciate our Trex
decking (no splinters!) and kid accessories, like a booster seat and bedroom monitor.
• Family Reunions: Our home is the perfect mix of casual fun and light, open space – a warm and inviting home perfect for family reunions. And if you need extra space, our studio cottage (rents separately) next door can accommodate an additional couple.
• Mobility-Impaired Travelers: The main floor of Shearwaterhouse is accessible, with just one step to the outside, and our master bedroom and bathroom (with walk-in shower) is well suited to mobility-impaired travelers.
* GLBT Friendly
Please note that the Shearwaterhouse is not suited to bachelor or bachelorette parties, loud events, big celebrations, or Spring Breakers. We appreciate your understanding.
What You'll Love:
• Ocean Views: Our home features huge, panoramic ocean views (complete with breaching whales, kite surfers and seals!) from every room. Never for a moment will you forget you're on the coast!
• Spacious Decking: Speaking of those views, there's no better place to drink in the Pacific than from our decking – so expansive, you can see them from space!
• The HOT Tub: When we say hot, we mean hot. Our large, bubbling hot tub (perched on our upper deck!) is always the perfect regulation temperature of 102 – never lukewarm.
• Themed Bedrooms: Ahoy, matey! Choose from our cozy Captain's Quarters, the ethereal Mermaid Lounge, or the out-of-this-world Under the Sea bedroom.
• Make Yourself at Home: The Shearwaterhouse feels like your best friend's home: comfortable and well loved, without being stuffy. Don't worry, you can put your feet up.
Nearby Activities & Attractions:
The Oregon coast is always scenic and always spectacular. We're happy to recommend area attractions and activities for your stay. Here are a few of our favorites:
• Fish for your dinner: Bottom fishing, rock fishing, mussel harvesting, crabbing and clamming are a popular – and tasty! – pastime.
• Hunt for agate: If you're in the market for a beautiful and memorable souvenir, Lincoln city is surrounded by rock-hounding beaches.
• Go antiquing: Antique shops and woodcarvers' galleries dot the regions.
• Enjoy the outdoors: Lincoln City and central Oregon beg to be explored: go hiking, biking, golfing, paddle boating, kayaking and bird watching to see and experience the best of our scenic coast!
• Explore our festivals: There's always an event on the horizon, like Finders Keepers (Lincoln City's glass float festival), the Kite Festival, and others.
• So much more: Take an Oregon wine-tasting tour, learn to blow glass, horseback ride at sunset, visit our farmers markets… the possibilities abound!
Our home features a full range of amenities, among them:
• Baby and toddler accessories, including a sturdy baby gate installed, and another to put where you need it, a deck that has no steps coming off it, a pack 'n play, a climbing cube on the lower deck, a highchair, a booster seat and a baby monitor
• Full kitchen with all the amenities of home
• High-speed broadband Internet
• Cable TVs with DVD players
• Gas fireplace for the family to gather around
• Expansive, circular double decks that draw you outside and expand your family living/dining space
Come, experience Shearwaterhouse and beautiful Lincoln City. We can't wait to welcome you and your family!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Smoking permitted outside..... We have a VERY strict 'No Pet' policy, we keep an allergen-free home.. Subject to losing security deposit if you bring an animal. Upstairs main living room is level and easy for mobility-impaired but ambulatory people... Cell coverage good... For wifi please bring your own laptop....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Near The Ocean:
Wide breathtaking panoramic view. Whales, surfers, kite boarders, seals. All the sounds and smells of the ocean await you and are visible from inside the house as well as from on the huge deck....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items:
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
VRBO Bear stayed here:
The Oregon Coast is one of those magical places you have to experience as soon as you can and as often as possible. That used to be what kept me coming back, but now I’ve got another reason: Shearwater House. April can still be a brisk time of year in Lincoln City, especially when you’re this close to the beach. That didn’t stop me from taking long walks on the water every day and searching for that elusive stone called agate. Once I’d gotten my fill of exploring and was ready to head back up the hill to the house, the hot tub would be waiting for me to relax and reminisce about the day while watching the sun set over the water.
I could easily have stayed at the house and enjoyed the walks, the panoramic ocean views and the cozy fire every day, but there was too much to see! The whale-watching excursion from Depoe Bay took us out on a boat to see if we could catch a glimpse of a grey whale – famous in these parts. I’m convinced he was watching us from the deep as we trolled by.
Debi, Shearwater House’s fearless owner, provided a wonderful list and I took advantage of every suggestion I could cram into my 2 days: Secret Beach at low tide (this is best in the summer); the Newport Aquarium (CUTE puffins!); the lighthouse at Yaquina Head; and Devil’s Punch Bowl (where I had the most amazing clam chowder!)
Grab a group of friends, your whole family (this house sleeps 8-12), or just your honey-bear and head to Shearwater House today!
The VRBO Bear
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 26 - May 29, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 16 - Jun 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Jul 1 - Jul 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Aug 1 - Aug 17, 2017
4 night min stay
Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2017
4 night min stay
Aug 23 - Aug 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 3, 2017
3 night min stay
Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $125 + tax
- Hot Tub $40 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Tax Rate 10.5%
ECLIPSE PACKAGE: 4 Night minimum. Can be combined Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon OR Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues.
Optional Guest House (Romance of the Sea) may also be available to extend the numbers of your party. Listing #332837.
Dates Available: Year Round
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
USA - Oregon - Coastal Oregon - Lincoln City - Roads End
Other Activities: kite surfing, whale watching
Golf: Chinook Winds Golf Course is approximately 2 miles away.
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: High School sweethearts, married since 1971. Because of Debi's time as a travel agent and love of travel, she talked Rob into buying her a beach home in Seal Rock. When they retired from the VA Hospital, they started renting it as a vacation rental. It did so well, that (Debi) wanted another one, and searched for the perfect home for a year until finding the Shearwaterhouse.
Why the Owner Chose Roads End, Lincoln City, OR, USA:
Everything is in the right place! There is a magnificent view of the ocean; amazing deck; it's only a block away from the beach; it has a lovely fireplace and a large hot tub. The upper level - the living level works even for those who have mobility issues. Just one step into the house, and there is access to everything. Perfectly safe for toddler, too!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Why, these amazing circular trex decks, of course! Rob loves to think that you could see them from a satellite zooming past overhead! This is a quiet, safe neighborhood, close beach access. We love that the tide pools are not far away and we can see waaaay far out to sea, spotting whales, crab boats and barges. The house is good for ambulatory-impaired because you can do all your living on the main floor. You don't HAVE to go down the stairs.
- Primary: 5032455969
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
bring the kids out for lunch on the deck!
We want you to be comfortable. Put your feet up!
eight at the table, or two at the bar ...
even cleanup is a pleasure
Step out of your bedroom to the hot tub.
The Mermaid Lounge
Under the Sea, downstairs bedroom. King Bed.
Updated downstairs bathroom
when you can get down to the beach, keeping the kiddos happy
A bird's eye view
an extraordinary Pacific view
room for the whole gang
enjoy the view from inside
the kitchen has everything you need, but we will send you a list of amenities
Parklane king bed with memory foam topper in Captain's Quarters
Master Bathroom. Walkin Shower.
Queen Bed for the precious mermaid.
Don't forget the bath toys, mom!
a little reading nook ... Bring your book
Meet me in the hot tub!
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Friday, May 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.