Club Red's Beach House(19 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Cabin, 3 Bedrooms + Loft, 1.5 Baths, (Sleeps 9)
The cabin has two levels. On the first level, there are two bedrooms. One has a king size bed and the other, a queen size bed. There is a full bath in the hallway on this level. On the second floor, there is one bedroom with two full size beds. In the loft area, there is a daybed without a trundle and a half bath. There is also an outside shower and toilet on the bottom level where picnic tables and bbq pits are located.
In the summer, the creek is normally about two- to four-feet deep and is perfect for tubing, kayaking or canoeing. It is a five-hour canoe trip from the cabin to Highway 49. It is a one-hour canoe trip from Highway 26 to the cabin.
There are lounge chairs available that are perfect for sitting in the creek and visiting with friends or building a campfire on the sandbar and watching the stars.
In the winter, the land takes on a different beauty. The leaves will begin to fall after the first frost and the woods become a great place to hike and enjoy nature. The wildlife that has been seen in the winter are turkeys, deer, squirrels and a beaver.
If you get enough of the peace and quiet, there are casinos on the coast - an hour away. In Wiggins -two miles away, Pine Burr Country Club offers golfing with the most reasonable green fees in the area. At Blaylock Park in Wiggins, there are tennis courts free to the public. Also in town, there are a few antique shops and some interesting eateries.
The Desoto National Forest is a controlled game reserve that provides fine hunting and numerous nature trails.
Keywords: Cabin, House
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2003
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Red Creek has been described in The Times Picayune as: ....a laid-back adventure. 'Paddlers exploring the gentle, caramel-colored waters of R ed Creek near Wiggins, MS, may find the most useful paddling stroke is no stroke at all. Often paddlers need only relax and drift inches from the rippled sand bottom. The contrast between the nearly white sand and the darker tannin-stained creek water gives Red Creek its name. Plan on traveling about 1 1/2 mph, not counting stops, while on the stream. Because of numerous sandbars, inviting stops for picnics, swimming, or just lounging in the sun, a shorter trip will offer the most relaxation.' The creek will flood after heavy rains, but when it recedes, this is the best time to find driftwood and petrified wood. It is perfect for kayaking and can be canoed, but blow-downs, trees, and logs in the creek, will either have to be steered around, or dragged over, depending on the water level. It's always an adventure....moreless
- CD Player
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Mar 15, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Pet Fee $50
- Cleaning fee. $120
Please email to receive the Rental Application, Instructions and Departure Checklist. Rental fee is $250.00 for weekend nights (Fri. and Sat.) and $200.00 for all other nights for Summer/Fall rates. (May - Nov.) All holidays are Summer rate rental fee. Winter rates (Dec. - April) $175.00 per night. Please send $200.00 deposit check to address on the application. This deposit will be returned if there is no damage or excessive cleaning.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1995
About the owner: I grew up in Stone County and it was always a special reward to go to 'the creek' on hot summer days, when all the work was done.... I graduated from the University of South Alabama and got my Master's from the University of New Orleans and retired from teaching a few years ago. I enjoy the outdoors, kayaking, planting my flower gardens and smelling the roses.
Why the Owner Chose Wiggins, MS, USA:
Red Creek is just a special place. Children especially love it....and it brings out the kid in all of us.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
It is almost a necessity to be around water in MS when the weather is on the warm side.... My favorite thing to do at the creek, besides kayaking, is to get the water shoes on and walk the creek, checking out the sandbars. Many times I have found interesting artifacts....petrified wood, antique bottles that have washed up from the floods, turpentine vessels, just to name a few.... I love building a fire on the sandbar, walking in the woods, and looking for the different wildlife in the fall and winter.
- Primary: 9855025664 Due to cell service, texting may be quicker.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from walkway to the sandbar.
Master bedroom with kingsize bed.
View from cabin to the sandbar.
The perfect sandbar.
Under the cabin.
Living and dining area.
Second bedroom with queen size bed.
VIew from loft
Kayaking in August
This listing was first published here in 2003.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.