WELCOME - We are offering our fantastic LAKEFRONT TOWNHOUSE to families for their enjoyment. Come see why Donner Lake is often described as the JEWEL OF THE SIERRA’S.
The west end and sunny side of Donner Lake is MAGICAL and by far the best and most sought after place to spend your summer or winter vacation. There are lots of other places to stay in Truckee but none of them can offer lake access right out your door, sand beneath your feet, a boat dock and recreational lake sport rentals. Why spend your precious vacation time in a residential subdivision looking at the house behind you when you can be waterside basking in the sun and playing in the placid waters of Donner Lake.
Our townhouse has 2 upstairs bedrooms that will sleep 5 or 6 comfortably. One has a queen size Hickory bed, night tables with reading lamps, and dresser. The kid’s bedroom features a Log bunk bed, that can sleep 3, and a night table. Also available is a twin/single rollaway bed and a port-a-crib for any little ones. Also sliding glass doors that gives both bedrooms access to a small deck.
There are 2 bathrooms upstairs just off the bedrooms. One has a large double sink vanity with full size mirror and separate toilet/shower area for privacy. The kid’s bath has a single sink vanity, toilet, and bathtub/shower all in one room. Downstairs is a centrally located ½ bath for everyone’s convenience.
The fully furnished kitchen with beautiful knotty pine cabinets and granite counters features built-in refer/freezer, dishwasher, self-cleaning oven with smooth glass cooktop, and built-in microwave. It is also equipped with a coffee maker, toaster, blender, waffle maker and all the usual kitchen gadgets and utensils.
The corner woodstove with river rock wall makes this room warm and cozy, and with its panoramic views of Donner Lake this is where we spend most of our time relaxing. The dining area is also in this wonderful room. Two large sliding glass doors extend the living area out to a deck that overlooks the sandy beach and stairs to the swimming area so you can keep your eye on the kids.
This is where the action is with its entertainment center and comfortable sofa. Whether it is the family watching a new release video or the kids playing their video games, this area located at the top of the stairs overlooks the Great room opening up the living area to the upstairs. That comfortable sofa can also sleep an additional guest.
*High knotty pine ceilings throughout
*Rustic oak floors on lower floor level
*Plush wall to wall carpeting in loft and bedrooms
*Custom pine rails on stairway and loft
*Cabin theme furniture and décor throughout
*High quality linens, towels and Beach towels
*Custom color paints on walls (no white walls)
*Skylights and ceiling fans in living areas
*Stacked washer and dryer in closet downstairs
*Barbeque area with both gas and charcoal grills
*Marina located on-site with a pontoon party boat, ski boats,
personal water craft, pedal boats, kayaks, and paddleboards for rent
*Others units available next door at Donner Lake Village Resort
(not as nice but OK) so friends and family can join you
*Lots of onsite and offsite parking for cars, boat trailers, etc
*3 minute walk to Westend Beach (public park) that has the best
sandy beach on Donner Lake, with play structures, basketball, tennis,
and volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, etc.
Truckee is a year round VACATION WONDERLAND for recreational activities as well as the perfect mountain town to just relax and enjoy the natural and scenic beauty of the majestic Sierra Nevada’s. The community of Donner lake is just an easy 10 minute ride from the historic town of Truckee with it’s brick, stone and heavy timber buildings where you will find interesting museums, local art galleries, specialty gift shops, and great restaurants. Another short 15 minute ride along the meandering Truckee river and you will find yourself at LAKE TAHOE and all it’s beauty. Need more urban action and night life, there is always the casinos, gambling, and entertainment of RENO less than an hour away in Nevada.
• Water skiing, boating, sailing, wake boarding, jet skiing, kayaking, fishing and tubing on Donner Lake.
• Rock climbing, bouldering and hiking on Donner Summit.
• Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail which is accessed off Donner Summit.
• Visit the Donner Memorial State Park on the east end of the lake and tour the Donner Party Museum and Monument. You can hike and bike through the park.
• Miles of mountain bike trails and scenic road bike routes nearby. There is a great bike path for riding along the Truckee River from Squaw Valley to Lake Tahoe.
• Raft trips down the Truckee River.
• Gliding and hot air balloon rides from the Truckee Airport.
World Class Ski Resorts
• Sugar Bowl less than 10 minutes away.
• Squaw Valley the site of previous Olympic competition 20 minutes away.
• North Star with famous Burton snow board terrain park 20 minutes away.
Tubing and Sledding Areas
• Donner Ski Ranch 10 minutes away
• Soda Springs 15 minutes away. They have planet kids where children can learn to ski and play in the snow.
Snow Mobile Outfitters
• Rental of snow mobiles within 30 minutes.
• 100’s of miles of trails.
Back Country and Cross Country Skiing
• Royal Gorge 15 minutes away.
• Tahoe Donner 15 minutes away.
• Sugar Bowl has a back country adventure center 10 minutes away.
• Outfitters in Truckee area.
• Truckee Regional Park 15 minutes away.
• North Star 20 minutes away.
Keywords: Lakefront Townhouse