Burley Area Mountain Valley Country House, Reunions, B&B, Skiing
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Albion Bed and Breakfast is a lovingly restored 1907 building, that has been part of the campus of the Albion Normal School. Our building was the training school for student-teachers from 1891 until it closed in 1951 and has plenty of carefully restored historic charm.
It can be rented as a whole (group rental w. communal kitchen) or partially (rooms and/or suites).
It has 3 suites, 4 bedrooms (one is a large bunk/game room), 7 bathrooms, three full kitchens and one kitchenette. It sleeps 29 in regular beds, to be extended to 44 with comfortable folding beds/hide-a bed/futon beds and additional floor mattresses. Also there are 3 baby beds available.
There are in addition two large community rooms (23'x33' converted classrooms). One is used for communal Dining off the largest kitchen (16'x22'). Another as Multipurpose Hall with a 13ft high ceiling and a set of chandeliers w. large screen TV, ping pong, or set up for dancing/lectures (folding chairs available) etc. In the equally large Bunk/game room you can find Pool, Foosball and Air hockey games.
We have lawns and garden on three sides with a Majestic 80ft Dutch Poplar (Populus Albus) with tire swing centered on the south lawn with lots of shade. Outdoor chairs, gas grills, barbecue and fire pit are available.
There is a functioning natural bakery ('Albion School House Bakery') on site making fresh organic breads, rolls and tasty goodies like blueberry walnut muffins and oatmeal cookies.
In our Library Room you can relax with one of our numerous books or use our Wifi for your convenience. Every bedroom has a a TV for watching movies from our extensive movie library.
We are 20 minutes away from Mount Harrison with Pomerelle Ski Resort, a reliable beautiful winter sports area with lovely hiking in summer. Also Lake Cleveland is very close and great for fishing, picnicking and hiking through beautiful flowered meadows.
The City of Rocks and Castle Rock (35 minutes away) are famous with climbers all over the world and you can also have family fun hiking/climbing in the area, even book their Climbers Experience program or try a swim in the close by Hot Springs in Almo.
Keywords: Historical Converted Schoolhouse; Albion State Normal School; Bed and breakfast; South Central Idaho; Groups; Family Reunions; School Reunions; Gatherings; Events; Mountains; Hiking; Mountain Biking; Skiing; Rock Climbing; Fishing; Canoeing; Wildlife; Bakery; Lawn; Shade; Barbecue; Outdoor Fireplace; Rooms; Suites; Apartments; Albion Valley; Cassia County
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Chateau / Country House
- 9000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
We have a tire rope swing on our shady 90ft tall Dutch poplar and we have a large isolated game rooms with ping pong and board games. Air hockey, Foosball and Pool table are also available (in bunk room)....moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 39, Beds for 29-39
- King size beds (2) 2 King Size beds (Principal Suite and Arts- and Crafts Room), Queen size Beds (5) 5 Queen beds (Geography Room; Math Room, Science Studio; 2 in Biology Suite), Double Beds (3) 3 double beds / full size beds (in Math Room, Geography Room; Bunk Room)., Twin or Single Beds (5) 5 Twin beds (4 in Bunk Room, 1 in Arts- en Crafts Room), Child Beds (4) 4 waterproof (5 foot long) floor mattresses: for young children which are too large for cribs, Baby Cribs (5) 3 wheeled cribs, 1 bassinet, Sleep Sofa or Futons (9) 4 folding beds (Twin size) 2 hide-a bed couches (Queen size) 3 futon couches (Queen size) 1 futon couch (Full size) 6 other floor mats / mattresses (twin size), Bunk Beds (4) 2 sets of bunk beds, sleeps 4 in total (in Bunk Room)....moreless
Bathrooms: 7 Bathrooms
- A large tree provides plenty of shadow to enjoy the garden in summer. Garden chairs available. A Library Room is available to retire or loan a book of your choice. We have a great variety of relaxing, interesting, modern and antique books, which we are happy to share. The Dining Room is plenty big for a sizable group. Bakery (Albion School House Bakery) and small store on site, smells yummy, you can even talk about a baking workshop with the owner....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 39 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
The Great Room functions as a multipurpose room and there is an extensive Library with seating for twollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...moreless
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Stove:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
(3) We have a large commercial kitchen with room for 8 people to work, a large commercial furnace, grills, ovens, three sinks and lots of counter space and cutting boards and juicers and blenders....moreless
(3) Four full size refridgerators, 2 additional medium size and 5 more small fridges in rooms without kitchens. Plus some space in a freezer. That is ten in total for the exclusive use of groups....moreless
- Shared Kitchen:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $20
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 8%
We have many rooms available starting at $89 per night, double occupancy with breakfast.
The B&B is restored historical school building. All rooms are beautifully furnished and private. We welcome couples, families, reunions, foreign travelers and history lovers. Teachers get a special discount. The whole facility group rate of $750.00pn ( up to 44 guests) does not include breakfast. A 20% nonrefundable deposit is required to hold reservations. Groups pay the balance on arrival along with the damage deposit of $200.00.
We accept check, cash and credit cards. 10% non refundable deposit to hold reservation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 15 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Car: Not Necessary
Historic site: Albion teachers college was located here. a lot of historic details are carefully preserved and add to the charm of the building, along with the owner, who comes from a long line of teachers.
We are close to Pomerelle Ski resort, just 20 minutes away, with good service and very reliable snow: see link.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We are a Dutch-American family with a background in Education and Counseling. Chad is originally from Mesa, Arizona and Susan from Amsterdam, Holland. We are fluent thus in English and Dutch and can understand a smattering of German, French and Spanish.
Why the Owner Chose Albion, ID, USA:
After living in the most densely populated country in Europe, The Netherlands, for twelve years and within hearing of one of the busiest airports in the world, I was looking for peace and quiet and some elbow room. Albion, Idaho(pop.264) fulfills all those wishes completely. Being near Pomerelle ski resort and several wonderful state and national parks with lakes and hiking trails was a bonus. We enjoy spontaneous encounters with local fauna such as owls and deer and sand hill cranes. I especially like seeing the milky way and shooting stars at night. We hear a small airplane about every six months and have very little traffic. Old highway 77 winds through town and people generally observe the 25 mph speed limit. We are less than three hours from Salt Lake City international airport and Boise's too. There is an inexpensive shuttle that runs from both and has a stop 15 minutes away.
- Primary: (208) 673-6474
- Secondary: (208) 430-2383 (Idaho, USA)
Links to more information:
South side looking west
North Entrance facing the Campus of the former Albion College
Principal suite bedroom
South Entrance facing the street.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Friday, October 21, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeChateau / Country House
Request to book
- Response time Within 12 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 07/24/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.