Ocean Frt.-Best Hilo Swim Lagoons, Turtles @ Richardsons Beach(24 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Convertible bed(s), Sleeps 12
(visit private website at www.hilovacationhomes.com)
Stay on the water close to Hilo without staying downtown. Stay in a well landscaped home that is maintained to avoid mosquitos. Enjoy almost an acre across the street from Richardson’s Beach Park. One of the 7 stops of the Hop-on Hop-off bus tours. Enjoy the best snorkeling of east Big Island at your doorstep. Take out the kayak and learn to stand up paddle board. Two kayaks, stand up paddle board, surf board, boogie boards, 3 bikes and snorkel equipment provided.
NEED MORE SPACE?: Call us and ask about the upscale 3br/2ba beachfront house next door (www.vrbo.com/3948514ha). We also have another 3br3ba oceanfront house 5 doors down the street (www.vrbo.com/27643). Lastly, we have the newest house just 6 doors down the street (www.vrbo.com/4035464. Four bedroom, 3 baths that sleeps up to 15. I have 3 other homes just South of Hilo in Paradise Park that are on the water and very affordable. For current rates and availability on all our beachfront houses. PLEASE CALL US at 818 357-6889.
Vacation Rental Highlights:
• Large, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths. Sleeps 12
• 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo, on south Hilo bay, 5 miles from Hilo Airport
• East Hawaii’s best snorkeling across the street at Richardson’s Beach Park.
• Free Kayak, paddle board, bikes, boogie boards, snorkel equipment, booties.
• Full ocean views, outside seating, fruit trees, parking.
• Why settle for a house away from the water? This house is right across the street from Richardson’s Beach Park. Home of the best snorkeling in East Big Island. One of the 7 stops of the Hop-on Hop-off tours. Hilo offers few places to enjoy the ocean. These special places are always beach parks.
• One of the nicest Hilo vacation rental homes in the area built to very high standards.
• House includes free use of Kayak, bikes, stand up paddle board, boogie boards, snorkel gear.
• House is completely stocked. Everything you need for cooking, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, hair dryers. Ironing board/Iron, playpen, highchair and Cable Wifi.
• Living Room – Large couch and love seat with direct ocean views. Flat screen T.V. with Amazon Fire and Netflix for a huge selection of viewing options. Books and games for family fun. Cable Wifi.
• Kitchen – Everything you need. Coffee maker, blender, toaster, rice cooker, pots/pans. Lots of cooking tools. Large oven/range. View of Richardson’s Beach Park from kitchen window.
• Master Bedroom – Same level as main house with great ocean views. Private bathroom. Ceiling fan.
• Bedrooms #2: On the same level as master bedroom, living room and kitchen. Equiped with queen bed, night stand, ceiling fan, quality mattresses and linins. The bathroom is across the hall. All homes have play pens.
• Bedroom #3: The whole bottom level is bedroom 3 with its own bathroom. This room has a queen bed, two twin beds and a sofa sleeper. It has an additional couch. Access is from front of house. There is no internal staircase to upper floor, but steps to front door are right next to bedroom entrance.
• Master Bathroom: Dedicated to master bedroom. Large double headed shower with great garden views. Bright and modern. Bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths, hair dryer, shampoo and soap provided.
• Main Bathroom: Large bathroom with bathtub/shower combination. Shampoo, soaps and paper goods, towels, hair dryer provided
• Lower Bathroom: For lower level bedroom #3. Shower with shampoo, soaps and paper goods, towels, hair dryer provided.
There is more to do in and around Hilo than any town on any of the Islands. It just isn’t well advertised because there aren’t resorts to promote the area. Please visit http://hilovacationhomes.com/hilo-activities/ for the best organized site - showing activities by driving direction.
• Waterfalls - Boiling Pots, Rainbow Falls, Akaka Falls, Waipi’o Valley
• Gardens – Hawaiian Botanical Gardens, Lili’uokalani Park and Gardens, Nani Mau Gardens, Akatsuka Orchid Gardens.
• Museums – Lyman’s historical and geological museum and The Tsunami museum. Both in downtown Hilo.
• Beach Parks – Richardson’s Beach Park, Onekahakaha Beach Park (the calmest), Carlsmith Beach Park, Reed’s Bay, Lehia Park. Punalu’u Beach Park and Whittington Park.
• Volcanic sights: Volcano National Park, Thurston lava tube, Kaumana Caves State Park, Pahoa transfer station, Live lava bike/hike tours in Kalipana Viewing area.
• Markets and shops: Hilo Farmer’s Market, Maku’u Farmer’s Market, Hilo Coffee Mill, Ka’u Coffee Mill, Volcano Winery and Mehana Brewery, Hilo Candy Company, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut and Punalu’u Bake Shop
• Other – Hilo Zoo, Palace Theatre
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
(818) 357-6889 (California, USA)
Owned and managed by Richard Standke
Member since: 2003
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Crib: Play pen and high chair in house.
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Beachfront, Oceanfront. Gourmet Kitchen with gas range, stainless appliances, granite, full privacy on 1 full acre lot, Oceanfront at the Beach, High speed Cable Internet Access,XBox with some games, Movie Library, Swimming gear, Boogie boards, 2 adult bicycles, Highest quality Linens provided. At the beach with lifeguard., Volcanoes National Park (30 minute drive), Imiloa Astronoly Center, University of Hawaii, Helicopter Tours, Starbucks Coffee....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Game Console
- Video Games
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available
- Linens Provided
- Macintosh Computer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 7 - Mar 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Merrie Monarch 2017
Apr 16 - Apr 23, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $175
- Tax Rate 13.4%
For up to 4 people, 2 to 6 days, $400/day.The weekly rate of $2,200 amounts to $315/day.
For 5/6 people the rate for 2 to 6 days is $450/day. A week is $2,600, which is $371/day.
For 7/8 people the rate for 2 to 6 days is $500/day. A week is $3,000, which is $429/day.
For 9/10 people the rate for 2 to 6 days is $550/day. A week is $3,400, which is $486/day.
For 11/12 - $600/day. Week is $3,800.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Only 45 minutes to Volcano National park.House is just 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo on the South side of Hilo Bay. It is at the end of a small beach road across the street from Richardsons Beach Park, the best known beach park on this side of the Island. Not well known, Hilo has more tourist destinations than any Hawaiian destination. These include:
*Historic Downtown with shops and restaurants on the Bay.
* Waterfalls right in town. Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots.
* Akaka Falls just 25 minutes North of Hilo
* Volcano National Park, just 35 minutes above Hilo
* Hawaiian Botanical Gardens.One of the nicest gardens you will find.
* Hilo Farmers Market. Everyday but largest on Wednesday and Saturday.
* Liliuckalani Gardens at Hilo Bay including Coconut Island.
* Lyland museum for historic information and geologic rocks.
* Tsunami museum housed in a historic bank
* Wine tasting at the Volcano Winery
* Beer tasting right in town at Hawaii Nui Brewery
* Coffee tasting at Hilo Coffee Mill on your way to the Volcano
* Hilo Zoo. Free and very pretty.
* Mauna Loa Nut company self guided "look through window" tour and gift shop. Free and nice shop for lunch and ice cream.
* Historic Palace Theatre downtown. Check internet for show dates.
* Nearby to Pahoa town, near active lava flows.
Year Purchased: 2011
About: Why rent from me: Owner of 4 homes directly across from Richardson's beach park and 3 ocean front homes in paradise park. I manage these homes personally with my cell number available to all guests. Payments are handled through the security of the Homeaway/VRBO site. Guests also receive information on restaurants, shopping and my favorite places to visit.
Why Hilo, HI, USA:
I stayed as a guest at this house in 2011 and it happened to be for sale. We loved the house and location. It was updated on almost an acre in Hilo's best location. We purchased it and that was the start of our rental business in Hilo. We later bought and rebuilt the house next door and two homes 6 doors up the street. We continued to improve this house, clearing out the jungle and planting fruit trees. We also added all the beach toys as this is still the house we stay at when we visit. We come about 4 times a year. Half the time is spent maintaining the homes, but we always do something new. We review all the places we go and include them in Activities on our website (hilovacationhomes.com)
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Unique benefits: If you plan on staying more than a couple days, you will have to enjoy the location. If you love the water and especially snorkeling, you will not find a better location. The best snorkeling is in just a few feet of water right in front of the black sand beach. It is like swimming in a tropical fish store. Green sea turtles come to rest for the night in the evening at the rocks just beyond the black sand beach. The water is largely sheltered by the rocks creating a partial lagoon. Yet this house is just down the street from downtown Hilo. Great for quick trips out to eat, shopping and many tourist locations. Review the "location" tab for a list of over 20 great places to see.
- Primary: (818) 357-6889 (California, USA) Owned and managed by Richard Standke
Links to more information:
House (white roof) overlooking Richardson's Beach Park. Best snorkeling/swim
Panoramic picture 1/2. View from Living Room
Ocean view living area. High Speed Cable Internet
Recent toys that guests can use
Luxury Master Suite With King Bed
Downstairs - Queen, two full beds, a sofa bed and a couch. Bathroom.
Master bath with two head shower.
Larger view of Richardson's Beach Park.
For small kids. This is a half mile down the road
Large house sleeps up to 12.
Panoramic picture 2/2. View from Living Room
Masks, snorkles, fins, swimming shoes, 3 newer bicycles.
Queen Bed in Quiet Bedroom 2
At the Beach: House positioned on a full acre
Richardson Beach: Black & White Sand
Beaches line the Hilo Bay
This listing was first published here in 2003.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.