About the property
- Apartment1291 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
• Beautiful Home: Spacious Great Neighborhood, Close to Metro WiFi 1300 sq ft •
BENVENUTI A ROMA E NELLA NOSTRA CASA!
• Central: 2.7 miles walking distance from both Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. 10 min to Colosseum by direct Metro B line from nearby Piazza Bologna.
• Our apartment (1300 sq ft) is very bright with natural light with luxury finishes and furnishings. On the 5th Floor, reached by elevator.
• Please NOTE: We cannot accommodate check-ins on Sundays, August 15th, December 25th and January 1st.
• We also rent two villas north of Rome, Tuscany/Umbria border. Find more information on our profile.
• Our apartment in Rome is entirely floored with hand painted majolica and hardwood, the floor plan of our Rome apartment includes a large entry, living room with balcony, master bedroom (king size bed), second bedroom (2 twin beds), and two bathrooms. • The kitchen is fully equipped with a large refrigerator, gas stove, oven and dishwasher. The large and light-filled living room has comfortable furniture. • A nice balcony off the living room is ideal for a quiet break at the end of the day.
SPECIAL: Split your stay of 7 or more days with our villa, property #115470
The warmth of a home, Not your typical rental: • The apartment has been in our family and well loved since it was built in the early 1950s.
• Discover Rome the way the locals see and experience it: In a typical Roman neighborhood in the unique and desirable area of Piazza Bologna, central and well connected, yet still functional for the daily needs of its residents; with grocery stores, post offices and markets, all within easy reach. Renting an apartment further in, in the historical center, overrun by tourism and offices, might defeat the whole purpose of staying in a private home. Having a kitchen without easy access to groceries or the use of an elevator to carry it upstairs, might prove less than ideal. Being able to return to quiet surroundings at the end of a busy sightseeing day is what makes it feel like home.
One more reason to choose this apartment: • The Best of two Worlds: All the availability and ease of communication offered by rental agencies based in the US, plus the knowledge and personal touch of dealing directly with the owners: The owners are two siblings, one lives in Italy, and one in the US. You can count on a direct contact and point of reference with one of us both prior and during your trip! Ciao : )
Exploring the Roman environs: Two ways to explore the Region around Rome:
1) The apartment is conveniently located at 0.6 miles from the Tiburtina train Station + the Piazzale Tiburtino Bus Terminal: From there you can reach many destinations in a short time. Assisi, Spoleto, Siena, Arezzo, Florence, Pompeii, Naples are all easy day trips. Feeling like tasting the roman wines of Castelli Romani (the hill towns to the East of the city)? Get to the Termini train Station (a 5 min underground ride from Piazza Bologna) and catch one of the trains for Frascati, famous for its light white wines and restaurants. We also highly recommend a visit to the coast and the ancient Roman harbor of Ostia Antica and/or a visit of Tivoli and its marvelous Hadrian Villa and Villa d'Este. All of these destinations are very easily reached by public transportation.
2) Planning to further explore the regions of Northern Lazio, Umbria and Tuscany? Our family also rents two villas ideally located at the intersection of the three regions: - properties #40169 and #3495425hb on VRBO OR #115470 and #3495425 on HomeAway.
vrbo #40169 OR vrbo3495425
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 22, 2018
We are two sisters. Anna lives in the US, and Alessandra in Italy. We rent directly our family properties: We both speak English, and you can direct your questions to either one of us, both prior to your trip, and during your stay. In addition to this apartment in Rome we also rent our countryside villas at the boundary between Umbria and Tuscia. Please check our other listings: HomeAway #115470 and ##3495425 vrbo40169 or vrbo #3495425
Anna purchased this Apartment in 1950
Why Anna chose Quartiere V Nomentano
The apartment has been in our family and well loved since it was built in the early 1950s.
What makes this Apartment unique
All the availability and ease of communication offered by rental agencies based in the US, plus the knowledge and personal touch of dealing directly with the owners. Looking forward to meeting you. Ciao! Anna e Alessandra
Local Services & Businesses
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
A fantastic stay in a wonderful apartment.
We loved staying in this very charming and conveniently located apartment. It was just a short hop on the Metro to the centre and easy to get back to this quiet neighbourhood after a day sight-seeing in the hurly-burly of the city centre.
Nice roomy apartment. Comfortably close to subway station (Piazza Bologna).
Easy to find. Lots of space inside. Furniture a bit shabby. Very comfortable beds.
The Apartment: This place is HUGE. I spent a month here with my two sisters and bro-in-law. Sometimes we would get lost in the place! It's on the NE corner of the building, so it remains cool and quiet. Our host, Alessandra, was just a phone/"whats app" away if we had any problems or questions (none). Comfortable living arrangements. Well stocked kitchen. Beautiful veranda. Highly recommend.
The Location: 1000m (10 min walk) to Piazza Bologna, where you will find a Metro stop. Three (3) stops to Termini. Bus #61 is 50m from the apartment. This bus takes you directly to Villa Borghese. Hint: Buy the month long Metro Pass for 35 Euro. It works on Metro and bus. This is a university neighborhood... safe, quiet, much less expensive than central Rome. Four (4) grocery stores within two (2) block radius. Great coffee shop on the corner next to the park. This was always our first stop of the day. If you want to escape the tourist hordes and live like a Roman, this is the place.
Spacious, charming apartment in quiet neighbourhood
Everything was made easy by our hosts and we felt very comfortable in their lovely apartment.
Charming and unique in Suburbs near Tiburtina station
We enjoyed this apartment the first few days of May. Alessandra met us at the door and was very helpful with info to get around Rome, and about the apartment itself. This was a family home and has many charming touches to reflect that. It's away from the hubbub of the tourist areas, so that is nice. Comfortable beds as well? My friends and I enjoyed being in the kitchen each evening to review our day and plan the next. 10-15 minute walk to bologna station to easily access the metro and all major sites in Rome. We were more comfortable taking taxis back each evening. Very lovely place to live like real Romans. Thank you for a lovely stay.
Comfortable stay and great location
Good restaurants, grocery stores and public transportation nearby (train, bus and metro). We enjoyed staying in the neighborhood. It was our first stop after a stressful journey (airline mechanical problem, so re-routed) and we were able to relax here. Also, beds were comfortable so we slept well. Nice kitchen facilities. We would definitely stay here again.
• Our apartment is located in the central and desirable Quartiere Nomentano - Piazza Bologna, one of the neighborhoods immediately outside the old city walls. It is as close as you can get to the historic center while preserving the character of an authentic Roma neighborhood. Our area is sought after and very desirable to locals. • 10 minutes to Colosseum + Spanish Steps from nearby Bologna METRO Station. • Bus 61 (connecting to Piazza Barberini/ Spanish Steps) around the corner. • An area particularly calm and quiet, but within easy reach from all of the destinations of Rome. • In our neighborhood you will find many small shops, supermarkets and open-air markets. • Monuments at few minutes distance: Start the morning jogging in the neighborhood park of Villa Torlonia, or with a visit to the catacombs of Saint Agnes or the Roman polychrome mosaics of Saint. Costanza. • Close to the Tiburtina Station and Bus terminal for easy day trips to Florence or Siena. • But how far are we from the main sites? We are at 2.7 miles walking distance from both the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. So, yes, you can reach the historic center on foot, if you choose to. But either bus or metro subway access are available too. Other Activities: Shopping
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
RULES OF THE HOUSE -Please NOTE: We cannot accommodate check-ins on Sundays, August 15th, December 25th and January 1st. -Fee/Damage Deposit: The fee and damage deposit are set according to the reservation made through HomeAway. -Additional Persons/Replacements: No guests, pets, or creatures of any kind other than the humans identified in the booking. If Guest would like to change the details of an accepted reservation, (i.e. add a guest, which may incur additional charge) this will be requested by contacting Host via email. -Absolutely no parties with non-renting guests. Should we find any violations to this clause, it is totally up to our discretion to ask you to vacate the house. -Included: Water, electricity and heating; Wireless Internet connection; bed and bath linens; Final cleaning and one weekly cleaning and change of linens for stays of multiple weeks. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary appliances and utensils, including dish-washer and an Italian moka coffee maker (stovetop). Host presents the Italian traditions and uses, and therefore drip coffee makers, toasters or microwave ovens are not provided. Extras: -Additionally requested cleaning services (10 euro/hour) – Paid by Guest directly to the provider(s) at the time of services. -Telephone: Guest agrees to put any calls made from the property telephone land line on a pre-paid calling card. -Anything else not specifically included in the description of the house. -The cost of any unpaid extras and eventual telephone charges will be deducted from the Security Deposit, if the correct amount is not left in cash on departure. -Host/Guest Responsibilities: Host and Guest agree to fulfill their respective responsibilities as described on the HomeAway website with the additions and modifications included in this Agreement.