Charming Cottage in Historic Point Section of Newport(12 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, sleeps 4
This is the closest neighborhood to the Navy base, it's a 10 min walk or quick bike ride. There is absolutely no traffic to the base.
There are two parks in the neighborhood and two piers that are perfect for picnics.
There is a quaint restaurant and pub right in the neighborhood, only an 8 minute walk from the house. The downtown area start just past that, about 2 minutes walk farther. If you prefer to drive, everything in town is within 5 minutes. On the summer weekends you will need to know the back ways to make that work, which I will share with you. Bicycling is also a great quick way to get around and saves you from having to find a parking space downtown.
Newport in the summer: Newport is an amazing summer destination. It is nearly always cool here, typically 10-15 degrees cooler than on the mainland. It is really only crowded on the weekends. From Sunday afternoon until Thursday afternoon there is usually no trouble getting through town, finding parking, or getting into restaurants without a wait.
There is so much to do here it is hard to cover it all. Grass tennis courts at the International Tennis Hall of Fame, the best sailing on the east, Golf, shopping, beaches, nature conservatories, colonial architecture - and the food is amazing. There are over 200 restaurants and pubs in Newport, and I can jump-start you on the best ones to try out. Festivals, concerts, comedy series run all year long, and in the winter there is an outdoor skating rink right in the center of town.
Off Season: Newport is quieter in the off season, but it is not dead. Most of the restaurants are open year-round, and there are still festivals from time to time in the winter. The bars and clubs still get a decent crowd even when it's cold. We usually don't get a lot of snow because the storms typically follow the mainland. However, it is *windy* here in the winter, and that means strong wind-chills. You do want to bring good gloves, hats & jackets.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 1340 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- The office has a nice queen sized futon which is normally configured as a sofa. There is an antique desk set up here as a workstation with an iMac that you can use to look up activities in town or catch up on your email (shame on you! You're on vacation!). It also doubles as a second TV in case you can't agree on which game to watch. Also, if you want to have a guest during your stay, it is perfect for that. When the futon is opened up, it can easily sleep a couple for one or two nights....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The primary bathroom is quite spacious, it was once a bedroom. It has a classic clawfoot tub, a separate shower, and a decent sized closet with shelves and a coat-hanger rod. It is on the second floor, convenient to all of the bedrooms. The downstairs bathroom is fully equipped so someone can shower and get ready at the same time someone is using the upstairs bathroom. This bath is adjacent to the dining room....moreless
- The washing machine and dryer are actually in the basement, not in the kitchen - the site does not provide the option to show laundry facilities separately from the kitchen. There is a driveway that can fit one car. During the day, on-street parking is allowed. If you need more than one car to park overnight during your stay, please contact me to discuss options....moreless
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Seating for 6 people
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 8%
Fri and Sat nights must be combined. For weeknight-only stays, please email for quote - $250/night for 5 weeknights, $367/night for 3 weeknights.
For monthly off-season rates, guests are also responsible for utilities.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
My house is in The Point section of Newport. This is the most historic and best maintained neighborhood in town. One in five houses are from the 1700's, and more than half are over 100 years old. The neighborhood runs along Narragansett bay from the bridge to the edge of downtown. My house is on a quiet dead-end street with friendly neighbors who own their homes and are proud to show off their neighborhood to newcomers. It is only three blocks to a beautiful park on the water and public pier. It is about a 10 minute walk to downtown. There is a public dinghy dock right in the neighborhood where you can take a launch out to a mooring.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Note to military and Navy base business people - This is the ideal neighborhood for working at the base. It is the closest nice/upscale neighborhood to the base, and you do not have any traffic to get through to get to the base, it is residential all the way. There isn't even a traffic light except for the one in front of the base itself.
- Secondary: +1 401 225-4545 Leave a message and I'll call back right away.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Four 7-speed cruisers available for your use (BYO helmet please ;-)
Living Room (view from entryway)
Driveway and patio
Van Zandt pier - go swimming just three blocks away!
Drop a kayak or canoe in right by the park - 3 blocks away
Second floor layout
first floor layout (back view)
Living Room (view from back)
Rocks? Frozen? Salt?
Battery Park - perfect picnic and sunset spot - just 2 blocks away
Second St and Van Zandt - almost at the pier! 2 blocks away.
First floor layout
First floor layout (front view)
Second floor layout
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.