Little Jewel Box, Luxurious and Chic Cottage, 12 Blocks to Ocean, Aquarium Pass(22 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-30 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Cottage, 1 Bedroom + Sunroom, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-3)
Please contact owner for rates and minimum stay. This cottage was rated the Top Vacation Rental in Monterey in 2012 , and includes two guest passes to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The charming and chic cottage in the heart of Monterey, CA was newly renovated in December of 2009. No cost was spared in creating a lovely home with fireplace, French Door views in the front to a terraced garden and the back to a peek of the Pacific, hardwood floors, new bath.
A kitchen with stainless steel appliances and marble counter tops merge with a cozy breakfast nook. Awaken each morning to a light-filled bedroom. A Sun Room incorporates an elevated single bed, surrounded in glass, for an occasional guest or child. Hardwood floors throughout.
Beautiful park and tennis courts directly across street. Only a dozen blocks away you’ll find the Monterey Bay Aquarium, acclaimed restaurants and entertainment, and one of the most gorgeous coastlines in the world.
Keywords: cottage, charming, sleeps 2 to 3
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- Max. occupancy 3
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 2-3
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Two guest passes to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 1 - Apr 30, 2017
30 night min stay
May 1 - Oct 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Aug 14 - Aug 20, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Taxes Not included
Please contact property owner for minimum stay. The cottage is available for Concours Week 2015. Special Event rate (seven nights $3,500) during the 30 day period. Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Higher rates for holidays and special events.
50% of rental and cleaning fee required to hold reservation. Balance of rental and cleaning fee and deposit for damages are due 30 days before stay.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: My husband and I love the incredible beauty of the Monterey area, including Point Lobos, Big Sur, and Carmel. We appreciate the wide array of cultural/athletic opportunities, from the Pebble Beach Automobile Concourse, to the Monterey Jazz Festival, to the Pebble Beach Pro Am Golf Meet. The restaurants are the finest anywhere and art galleries abound.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
1. After settling in at the Little Jewel Box, and you are ready to venture out, we recommend a day-trip into the spellbinding beauty of Big Sur. On the way stop at Pfeiffer Beach to commune with the ocean. While in Big Sur visit Nepenthe for the shopping experience of your life -- gifts from East and West and all parts between, a remarkable array of art and craft. And while you are there walk upstairs to their outdoor cafe and enjoy a cup of coffee and an amazing spectacle of beauty. Down Hwy 1 be sure to stop for breakfast at Deetjins Big Sur Inn -- try their Eggs Benedict. Continue southward to Julie Pfeiffer State Park and amazing hiking opportunities in the breathtaking beauty only Big Sur offers. Stop by the Ventana, on your right leaving Big Sur, for a sumptuous late afternoon lunch on their outside veranda. 2. On another day, just 15 minutes South of the Little Jewel Box, visit what many consider the most beautiful natural preserve in the world, Point Lobos. Plan to spend the morning and pack a picnic lunch. After your visit go a bit further South to the Highlands Inn (Hyatt Hotel), on your left, making a beeline for the Sunset Lounge. Enjoy a late afternoon Martini, taking in the beauty of Point Lobos from yet a different, high elevation perspective. You will never forget the moment. 3. And of course just a dozen blocks away from the Little Jewel Box, you will find the amazing Monterey Bay Aquarium, the Cannery area, which includes incredible dining opportunities, the beautiful wharf, music, and clubs. If in a more pensive mood, stroll along the ocean walkway toward Pacific Grove, letting in the incredible splendor of the Pacific careening against the rugged coast line. Just a dozen blocks South is the cozy French Restaurant, Fi-Fi’s, one of our favorites -- try the Beef Bourguignon and one of their over-the-top desserts.
- Primary: +1 9377686512
front of house overlooking outdoor repast
stainless steel appliances with marble countertops
ocean view room provides window seating and sleeping for guest
fire ablaze in cozy living room with french doors opening to terraced garden
bedroom french doors open to sunny deck
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.