Gorgeous Restored 1930s Duplex - Great Central Location - Quiet Street(91 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 5
Master Bedroom w/ 1 King size bed & walk in closet
2nd Bedroom with 2 twin beds & walk in closet
Private balcony off dining room w/ view
Laundry room with iron & ironing board, supplies provided
Secure 1 car garage (DIMENSIONS: 92' HIGH X 90' WIDE x 19 FEET DEEP)(included in rental rate) PLEASE NOTE: A FULL SIZE SEDAN FITS COMPLETELY INTO THE GARAGE. HUGE VANS, SUVS, ETC. WILL NOT, BUT CAN BE PULLED PARTWAY INTO THE GARAGE AND THE GARAGE DOOR THEN LEFT OPEN, AS THERE IS PLENTY OF DRIVEWAY SPACE BETWEEN THE GARAGE AND THE SIDEWALK.
Near Sunset Blvd, Santa Monica Blvd, Melrose Ave. Minutes from Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
Minutes from The Grove & Farmers Market, LACMA, Walk of Fame on Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood Bowl and Mid Wilshire Blvd museums. This beautiful 1930's vacation rental is certainly in a central location. Miracle Mile, the La Brea Tar Pits, and a handful of art galleries and museums in the immediate area; 15 minutes from Hollywood, Beverly Hills shopping and restaurants, very close to Melrose Blvd and all major movie studios, it is impossible to be bored here. Easy FWY access.
Fabulous 1930's 2BR Duplex off Wilshire Blvd:
* Newly renovated with original restored oak wood floors,
* new period authentic tiles in bathroom, - updated sink, shower and tile floors,
* unit updated with central HVAC and new energy efficient dual pane windows,
* designed with custom paint and period authentic furniture,
* luxurious floor plan with lots of light from many windows,
* Master Bedroom with 1 King size bed & walk-in closet - all bed linens provided,
* 2nd Bedroom with 2 twin beds & walk-in closet - bed linens provided,
* Oasis garden / courtyard,
* private Spanish balcony off formal dining room with view,
* secure 1 car garage parking + 1 additional off street parking space.
* near Hollywood Blvd, Sunset Blvd, Santa Monica Blvd, Melrose Ave.
* minutes from Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
* minutes from The Grove & Farmers Market,
* LACMA, Mocca, Pacific Design Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
* Walk of Fame on Hollywood Blvd,
* Hancock Park in Mid Wilshire Blvd area,
Beverly Hills Adjacent, Balcony and View: This beautiful 2 bedroom / 1 bath furnished home is in a convenient central location, with all parts of the city easily accessible.
Miracle Mile, the La Brea Tar Pits, and a handful of art galleries and museums in the immediate area;
15 minutes from Hollywood, Beverly Hills shopping and restaurants, very close to Melrose Blvd.
With the famous Campanile Restaurant on La Brea Ave literally around the corner, it is impossible to be bored here.
Easy FWY access close by FWY's 10 / 101 and 405
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- On floor 2
- 1325 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 5
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- Newly renovated with original restored oak wood floors, walk-in closets. unit updated with central HVAC and new dual pane windows for lots of natural day light. designed with custom paint and period authentic furniture. Master Bedroom with King size bed, TV and walk-in closet 2nd Bedroom with 2 twin beds, antique writing desk and walk-in closet...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Bowling Center
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Filtered Water
- Free Long Distance
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lawn / Garden
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 16 - Sep 4, 2017
2 night min stay
Nov 17 - Nov 27, 2017
7 night min stay
Dec 15 - Jan 2, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 14%
14% Los Angeles tax DOES NOT APPLY TO STAYS OVER 30 DAYS
Weekend rates apply to Sunday nights during holiday weekends
This is a licensed, legal vacation rental. Los Angeles accommodations tax is 14% for stays of 30 days or less. For stays over 30 days, THERE IS NOT TAX PAYABLE.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Other Activities: Sight Seeing
Exterior view of courtyard fountain. Duplex on 9th comprises the entire upstairs
Living Room facing west towards office area & Dining Room.
Eclectic library of books covering many subjects. Take a book, or leave a book!
Dining Room with French doors to private balcony overlooking fountain courtyard.
Dining Room table has extra leaves to accommodate formal dinner parties.
Master Bedroom with king sized bed.
Second bedroom with 2 twin cherrywood sleigh beds.
Light and bright updated kitchen, original restored 1930s tile.
Original 1930s tile splash in updated kitchen.
Restored original tile in extra large bathroom, with separate tub and shower.
Beautiful rebuilt shower enclosure with new tile to complement the original.
Trust us, you won't want to leave. But you can always come back to your LA home
Huge Living Room with lots of natural light. This view faces southwest.
A great place to work. Free wifi & ethernet, printer/fax/scanner & free US phone
East facing view of Living Room
The sweet secret heart of LA. A great place for morning coffee or evening drinks
Master Bedroom. We've upgraded the window coverings since this photo was taken.
Second bedroom. Yes, the breakfast tray can be found in the kitchen. :)
Original eat-in kitchen table (folds flat to wall). Great place to stage dinner.
We love this... but you don't need matches to light the stove anymore.
Bubble bath, anyone? You will find Gilchrist & Soames amenities waiting for you.
Light & bright laundry room with iron and ironing board. Supplies provided.
Looking up from the fountain courtyard.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.