Elegant Country House in Panoramic Rural Location in Tipperary
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Rathellen House is an elegant Georgian style country house set on four acres of grounds, with panoramic views of the Galtee Mountains, at the edge of the Glen of Aherlow, near Bansha, Co. Tipperary. It is an ideal location for touring the south of Ireland. Heritage sites such as the Rock of Cashel and Cahir Castle are a twenty minute drive. Kilkenny, Waterford, Cork are a one hour drive. Take a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher or to the Dingle Penninusula on the Wild Atlantic Way.
Rathellen House is stylish and sophisticated, yet informal and relaxing. It's six bedrooms are individually decorated in a classical style. Rathellen House is truly a special place to stay. It is a newly built house offering extremely luxurious accommodation in elegant surroundings.
Rathellen House is the perfect venue for family gatherings, for holiday makers, for walkers and anglers, for small weddings or celebrations. The Drawing Room is the main room of the house. It is furnished in a country house style. A large Waterford Crystal chandelier enhances the setting. The white marble fireplace forms the centerpiece of the room. Patio doors open from the Drawing Room to the large garden. The Drawing Room leads to the Library. This very cozy room is the ideal place to sit and enjoy one of the books from the well stocked library. The Dining Room has a Kilkenny Marble fireplace, a Waterford Crystan chandelier and a wooden floor. The antique furniture creates a room full of character (seats 20).
Civil Weddings can take place in Rathellen House. We can cater for your wedding requirements and seat up to 24 people in the Dining Room. Rathellen House provides a very intimate setting for a private wedding ceremony.
Each bedroom is individually decorated in a classical style. They are the essence of luxury, comfort and relaxation (memory foam mattresses and Egyptian Cotton bed linen). All bedrooms are ensuite (two with Jacuzzi bath tubs). There are power showers, demist mirrors and under floor heating in each ensuite.
Rathellen House is proud of its eco friendly heating system. Solar panels provide plentiful supplies of hot water, backed up by the wood pellet heating system. There is under floor heating throughout the house. The Laundry is well equipped with a Miele washing machine, a large tumble dryer and ironing facilities. A Drying room is available for walkers/anglers.
Additional accommodation is available in Coopers Cottage - also featured on VRBO . Coopers Cottage sleeps 6 and is located at the end of the drive.
Contact us directly for lower occupancy rates and shorter stays. We would be delighted to welcome you!
Keywords: Country House
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 12-14
- King size beds (3) Four Poster King Bed in Master Bedroom. , Double Beds (3), Twin or Single Beds (2) Option in two bedrooms for twin beds or king sized double., Child Beds (2) Bedroom 6 has a King size bed and a single bed (suitable for a child) Bedroom 4: A guest bed can be placed in this room (suitable for a child), Baby Cribs (1) One travel cot (suitable for a young child) available. Bed linen supplied....moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms
- Rathellen House enjoys a tranquil, rural location at the edge of the Glen of Aherlow. There are a wide range of visitor attractions and things to do in the Glen including walking and trekking in the Galtee Mountains, Aherlow Nature Park and Bansha Woods (looped walking maps available in Rathellen House). There are numerous heritage sites in the immediate area (within a five to ten minute drive) including St. Peacaun's Church and Holy Well, St. Beirheart's Kyle and Athassel Abbey. The Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle and the Swiss Cottage and Holycross Abbey are all nearby. Equestrian facilities at three local centers. Horse racing at Tipperary, Clonmel and Thurles tracks. Greyhound racing at Clonmel and Thurles. Hunting locally with the Tipperary Foxhounds and the Scarteen Hunt. Golf at Tipperary, Cahir, Ballykisteen and County Tipperary Golf Clubs (18 hole). Live theatre at the Excel Theatre in Tipperary Town and at Brú Ború in Cashel. Traditional Irish Music sess...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 20 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
Eamonn, the owner, is a Ballymaloe trained chef. He is available to cook to guests requirements (by prior arrangement). Rathellen House is a member of Good Food Ireland. Organic produce and artisian foods are used when available....moreless
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Rest of Year Autumn
Aug 28 - Dec 16, 2016
3 night min stay
Dec 17 - Jan 3, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $213.33
- Heating & Electricity $213.33
- Taxes Not included
Contact us directly for lower occupancy rates.
Heating and electricity charges are additional. 100 euro per 7 night rental in July & August. 200 euro per 7 night rental rest of year.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2006
Why the Owner Chose Raheen, Co. Tipperary, Ireland:
Eamonn and Stella Long have fulfilled a long-held dream with the building of Rathellen House (built 2006) on a four acre site which had been in the family for generations.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Guests at Rathellen House will enjoy the peaceful, rural location. Set at the edge of the Glen of Aherlow, Rathellen House has spacious grounds. There is ample parking and plenty of room for children to run on the lawns. The location is very central for touring in Ireland. Eamonn and Stella live on site and are available throughout your stay, providing a professional, friendly service.
- Primary: +353 868337608
- Secondary: +353 86 8337608 (Ireland)
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Information on local heritage sites such as the Rock of Cashel
- CLICK HERE - Visit tourist destinations on the Wild Atlantic Way such as the Cliffs of Moher or the Dingle Penninsula on a day trip from Rathellen House.
- CLICK HERE - Information on tourism in County Tipperary.
- CLICK HERE - Rathellen House facebook page
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Rathellen House, Tipperary - elegant, country house on private grounds
Rathellen House Drawing Room
The magnificent Waterford Crystal Chandelier in the Drawing Room at Rathellen.
Rathellen House library...relax and read from our extensive collection.
Master Bedroom with Four Poster Bed and Jacuzzi Bath Tub Ensuite
Bedroom 4 is a double room boasting an antique french bed and shower ensuite.
Antique French Bed in Bedroom 3
Rathellen House Dining Room
View of the Dining Room through to the Entrance Hall
Well stocked kitchen- everything a professional chef requires
Kitchen leading to Utility Kitchen (Full size fridge and freezer).
Rathellen House, elegant country house in Tipperary, Ireland.
The Drawing Room fireplace decorated for Christmas
A Civil Wedding Ceremony in the Drawing Room at Rathellen House.
Bedroom 5. Double bedroom with shower ensuite.
Bedroom 2 (twin/king sized double) with jacuzzi bath tub ensuite
The well stocked kitchen. Everything you need and more is here!
Winter Scene at Rathellen House
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM