June Special! 13th Thru 16th (Checkout 17th) - $800 Plus Tax(14 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-60 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Bunk Area, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
We also quickly fell in love with the Four Winds building and its beachfront location. It’s a small building (36 total units), especially compared to the many mega-plexes that line the beach. We looked at several different units in the entire area , but really liked Four Winds 501 the best. Being on the fifth floor, it’s high enough to have a great, 180-degree view of the ocean and beach, but also low enough that you don’t feel disconnected from the beach activity. It’s also a corner unit, so it is wide open looking east with the next condo over sitting further back from the beach. We get to watch the sunrise and sunset and it's often incredible.
Within our particular condo, we have tried to create a space that feels more like a second home that we share with friends and family. In the last few years, we have put in new flooring, new maple cabinets and granite countertops in the kitchen and guest bath, as well as new furniture and appliances. This year we added a 2-seater piece of patio furniture that allows you to sit up a little higher than our table and 4 wicker chairs. We noticed not many of the units in this area offer this feature. We like how it’s come together so far, but we are always looking at new things we can do going forward to make it better and more enjoyable for ourselves and our guests.
Our hope is that our guests will see and feel the thought and care we've put into Four Winds 501 and choose to stay with us whenever they visit the Alabama Gulf Coast.
• Fifth floor, east corner unit, fantastic view
• 2 bedrooms/2 full bathrooms – Sleeps 4 to 6.
• King bed in master, 2 twin beds in second bedroom, 2 bunk beds inset into hallway (living room sofa is not a hide-a-bed).
• In-unit, password protected wifi.
• 32” Sony flat screen TV in living area. Smaller flat screen TV in each bedroom
• Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, stove/range, microwave, refrigerator
• All cooking and eating utensils
• Washer/dryer, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner
• Cotton bed linens and quality bath towels (bring your own beach towels)
• Phone provided for local calls only.
ADDITIONAL RENTAL INFORMATION:
• Weekly rentals only - Saturday to Saturday- during peak season (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
• 3-night minimum rental rest of year
• $200 security deposit
• $100 Departure cleaning Fee (this is not marked up, it's what we pay when we stay)
• $20 parking pass (flat fee, no matter how many days you stay)
• Alabama lodging and local taxes apply at 11%
• Adults and families only - no college party parties (no offense, but we were in college once too and we know what goes on)
• Policy prohibits rental to adults under the age of 25
• Maximum occupancy is 6 - (even though most 2BR units in Orange Beach sleep 8, we prefer to keep ours limited to 6 and preferably 4. It's more comfortable for you and less wear and tear on our place).
• No smoking (this is a building policy)
• Pets can be kenneled nearby (Service animals accommodated)
Keywords: Condo, Orange Beach, oceanfront, beachfront, ocean view, Four Winds, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, modern,
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- On floor 5
- 1050 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (2), (1), Bunk Beds Set
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 2 full bathrooms
- Klipsch iPod/iPhone dock stereo system
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Theme Parks
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Hot Tub
- Shared Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 21 - Jun 3, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 4 - Aug 12, 2017
7 night min stay
Aug 13 - Sep 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Oct 1 - Dec 23, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 24 - Mar 10, 2018
60 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $100 + tax
- Parking Pass $20 + tax
- Tax Rate 11%
During Peak Summer we rent from Saturday to Saturday only.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2008
Why Orange Beach, AL, USA:
My brother and I had talked for a long time about wanting to have a vacation home for our friends and family. And neither of us had ever been to the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area before our visit to look at properties there. We did so at the suggestion of a friend of my brother's. We just liked the casual vibe of the Alabama Gulf Coast and that, outside The South, Orange Beach/Gulf Shores is still fairly undiscovered. After looking at a number of properties over a few days, we settled on Four Winds #501.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
My favorite thing about staying at our place is getting up with the sun and watching it rise over the ocean while sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee. It's the perfect way to start the day. Oftentimes I'll see dolphins swimming along the coastline. My wife and son like to sleep in and I get some good quiet time before hitting the beach and enjoying the soft, sugar-sand beaches and warm water.
- Primary: +1 314 479-3200
- Secondary: +1 9139083254
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
New maple cabinets and granite countertops in 2014. New appliances in 2012.
The album cover wall. A guest favorite.
Master bedroom w/ king-size bed.
Set of bunk beds inset into hallway are great for kids.
Entry hall. mirrors let the natural light move through the space.
Pool, kids pool and hot tub.
Looking directly south from the balcony.
Sugar sand beaches are the best.
New flooring, furniture in 2014.
5th floor, direct beach view.
Guest bedroom w/ two twin beds.
New maple vanity and granite countertop in 2014.
Balcony with 180-degree view of the beach.
Sunrise from Balcony
Sunset from balcony (and yes, it's real. no photoshop)
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Monday, May 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.