We’ve owned our condo for a number of years now, and have really enjoyed the experience. We’ve had so many great guests (many of whom return to stay with us each year) and we've met some really wonderful people. When we made our first trip to Orange Beach back in 2008 to look at property, we immediately loved the area. The Alabama Gulf Coast is such a hidden gem and so family friendly. Outside the south, it’s still very much unknown and we like that just fine. We came down from Kansas where white sand beaches and blue ocean water are things you have to go find, and we feel like we found a hidden diamond in the rough.
We also quickly fell in love with the Four Winds building and its beachfront location. It’s a small building (36 total units), especially compared to the many mega-plexes that line the beach. We looked at several different units in the entire area , but really liked Four Winds 501 the best. Being on the fifth floor, it’s high enough to have a great, 180-degree view of the ocean and beach, but also low enough that you don’t feel disconnected from the beach activity. It’s also a corner unit, so it is wide open looking east with the next condo over sitting further back from the beach. We get to watch the sunrise and sunset and it's often incredible.
Within our particular condo, we have tried to create a space that feels more like a second home that we share with friends and family. In the last few years, we have put in new flooring, new maple cabinets and granite countertops in the kitchen and guest bath, as well as new furniture and appliances. This year we added a 2-seater piece of patio furniture that allows you to sit up a little higher than our table and 4 wicker chairs. We noticed not many of the units in this area offer this feature. We like how it’s come together so far, but we are always looking at new things we can do going forward to make it better and more enjoyable for ourselves and our guests.
Our hope is that our guests will see and feel the thought and care we've put into Four Winds 501 and choose to stay with us whenever they visit the Alabama Gulf Coast.
• Fifth floor, east corner unit, fantastic view
• 2 bedrooms/2 full bathrooms – Sleeps 4 to 6.
• King bed in master, 2 twin beds in second bedroom, 2 bunk beds inset into hallway (living room sofa is not a hide-a-bed).
• In-unit, password protected wifi.
• 32” Sony flat screen TV in living area. Smaller flat screen TV in each bedroom
• Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, stove/range, microwave, refrigerator
• All cooking and eating utensils
• Washer/dryer, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner
• Cotton bed linens and quality bath towels (bring your own beach towels)
• Phone provided for local calls only.
ADDITIONAL RENTAL INFORMATION:
• Weekly rentals only - Saturday to Saturday- during peak season (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
• 3-night minimum rental rest of year
• $200 security deposit
• $100 Departure cleaning Fee (this is not marked up, it's what we pay when we stay)
• $20 parking pass (flat fee, no matter how many days you stay)
• Alabama lodging and local taxes apply at 11%
• Adults and families only - no college party parties (no offense, but we were in college once too and we know what goes on)
• Policy prohibits rental to adults under the age of 25
• Maximum occupancy is 6 - (even though most 2BR units in Orange Beach sleep 8, we prefer to keep ours limited to 6 and preferably 4. It's more comfortable for you and less wear and tear on our place).
• No smoking (this is a building policy)
• Pets can be kenneled nearby (Service animals accommodated)
Keywords: Condo, Orange Beach, oceanfront, beachfront, ocean view, Four Winds, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, modern,