Over 12" of Fresh Snow....Reduced Nightly Rates!(20 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-4 nights
- Property type:Chalet
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 1 half bathroom, sleeps a max of 8.
Check out: before 9AM
Video link is:
Located in beautiful Angel Fire, NM, the house called, 'Cougar's Den' is ideal for a family. The kitchen, dining, and living area are in one big room, so that nobody is left out. The house is approx. 2,000 sq. ft spread among 3 floors, so everyone has their own space. The house is located at the end of a cul-de-sac and surrounded by the Greenbelt, but close to town. Frisbees, Bocci, Croquet, and Horseshoes are just a few lawn games that are available in the garage.The floor plan includes: 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and 2 car garage. Top Floor- King, bath, private balcony, and loft with sofa. Middle Floor-Queen bed, bunk beds/kids room-which share a bath on this level. Also-a kitchen, washer/dryer, living area, and open deck. Bottom Floor-Full and Twin beds, ½ bath, and this floor opens up to a covered porch. Free local calls, DirecTV. No Pets! No Smoking & no internet available.
No fires! No acceptions! The FD will issue a ticket if you're in violation. 4-wheelers are to be ridden on designated roads and you'll need to check with the PD or FD for those locations.
Check in: after 4PM Checkout: before 8:30AM
Link to Video: http://youtu.be/JFGtKoMJ-qY
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Video link: http://youtu.be/JFGtKoMJ-qY 4 Bedrooms-sleeps 6 in beds, add 2 cots for 8 total. 3rd Floor - King-private bathroom 2nd Floor - Queen -shared bathroom 2nd Floor - Twin Bunk Beds-shared bathroom 1st Floor - Full and Twin-private half bath Each room has space for 1 cot Sheets, towels, hand towels, and wash cloths throughout. Soaps, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, and toothpaste provided in small quantities. Video link http://www.wellcomemat.com/popup/B418FD0BD7/...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 3rd Floor - Full Bath with Tub/Shower. 2nd Floor - Full Bath with Tub/Shower. 1st Floor - 1/2 Bath. Toilet and Sink only. *Bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths throughout. Small amounts of toilet paper, paper towel, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, & conditioner are provided. Video link is http://youtu.be/JFGtKoMJ-qY http://youtu.be/JFGtKoMJ-qY...moreless
- Fireplace on 1st and 2nd floors are propane gas. No wood burning fireplace or stove. No internet service at house, but available in town and free. The new Clubhouse has public indoor pool, dining, and activities available for guests in town. Please check with the Membership office located inside the Country Club. Only 30 min. to Taos~shopping, oxygen bars, fine dining, movie theatre, and Native Indian Reservation. All phone numbers for these activities are currently updated and located in the 'Cougar Den' notebook on 2nd floor, near the telephone. Video link: http://youtu.be/JFGtKoMJ-qY...moreless
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Whitewater Rafting
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - Aug 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 8 - Jan 13, 2018
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Housekeeping $175
Check in is after 4PM, checkout is no later than 8:30AM.
All fees and taxes are included in the quotes. At the time of your stay, please place all grease, peels, veggie/fruit cuttings into trash and not into sink, disposal, and septic system. Upon departure, strip beds and throw linens into tub. Load and turn on dishwasher. Absolutely, no pets or smoking allowed.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Take 434 South, turn at Monte Verde Lake onto Via del Rey. Stay to the right at the Cimmaron/Via del Rey split. Take a right onto Pine Valley Dr. Turn right onto Coronado. Go all the way to the end of the cul-de-sac.
Other Activities: At house-Bocci, Horseshoes, Croquet, Frisbees, Kites, some basic fishing gear, and Walking Trails.
Golf: Open and course is lovely this time of year! Call ahead to make your reservation.
Check in time: after 4PM
Check out time: before 8:30AM
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Purchased the property in 2009 from the Mountain Manager. This is our 2nd home and we love it. Cool and crisp days and stars at night, wildlife everywhere, great views throughout the village! We take great pride in our property and hope that you will enjoy your stay at Cougar Den. The name has come from The Canyon Cougars and their athletic facility. I am currently an active Realtor with Keller Williams Realty.
Why the Owner Chose Angel Fire, NM, USA:
Perfect! It's at the end of a Cul-de-Sac, on an elk Super highway, Greenbelt, friendly neighbors, and close to town, but tucked away. Quiet and lots of stars at night! No outdoor burning or fires! Greenbelts have restrictions on 4-wheelers. Check with the FD for roads for 4-wheelers to be used on.
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet:
Cool, quiet, near golf course and pool, loaded kitchen, open floor plan so nobody is left out, but divided into 3 floors to give everyone space. No fires!
- Secondary: +1 9728325500 Texting is preferred over calling.
Links to more information:
Gas Fireplace 1st floor which heats the whole house.
Snow shovels are in the garage.
Kids trying out the slopes!
Angel Fire Balloon Festival - June 2016
Elk grazing in the yard...June 2016.
June 2016-Angel Fire from the top of the chair lift.
House at the Greenbelt-Spring 2016
Dining area and bar.
Snow being made daily.
Book for your Christmas stay!
No 4-Wheel Drive needed. We plow and are off of Via del Rey.
Balloon Festival in June-Angel Fire Valley.
One room schoolhouse in Red River.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.