Gorgeous 1-BR on Hamakua Coast - 5 Min to Dtwn Hilo - $99/nt(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Apartment, 1 Bedroom + Attached Unit, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
We also have a second suite, (a studio apartment with a queen bed) available, that can also be seen on VRBO (#363493) or at Homeaway (#294283).
For more details, map and much more information on things to see and do in the area, etc., please see our web site and blog, OurHiloHome.
Location: A couple blocks off of Mamelahoa Highway in Papaikou, between 6 & 7 mile markers.
27-1993 Enoka Place
Papaikou, HI 96781
By the way, Google map directions WILL get you there, but your GPS may not, so you may need the old fashioned way… directions and a map:
Directions from Hilo:
1. Take highway 19 (Mamalahoa Hwy) north out of Hilo.
2. Landmarks you will pass include the ‘humming bridge’ and the Alae Japanese cemetery.
3. Watch the mile markers. At mile marker 6, take your first left. (if you see mile 7 or beyond, you’ve gone too far)
4. Then an immediate left again until pass though yellow gate (with Enoka Place sign on it)
5. Then keep following the narrow road (VERY SLOWLY please, 10-15 MPH on our little private road, the neighbors will greatly appreciate it, thanks!) until get to row of mailboxes on right and our cream colored, white metal roofed home(s) on your left.
6. There are numbers posted on the front corner–27-1993
7. Continue on the gravel/dirt road, 100 feet or so past the mailboxes around the little bend to the second of the two connected homes, on your left.
Directions from Hamakua Coast and points North (and Kona side):
1. Take highway 19 (Mamalahoa Hwy) south down the Hamakua coast
2. Landmarks you will pass include Onomea Bay scenic drive and Pinkie’s store (big pink pig).
3. Watch the mile markers. After mile marker 7, take your first right. (if you see mile 6 or below, you’ve gone too far)
Follow directions from 4-7 above.
Keywords: Private 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath separate mother-in-law apartment on own floor of large home. Sleeps 4. There's a deluxe full studio (#363493) unit above the one bedroom unit that is available to rent as well. For much more information, directions, etc. for both available units, please see our web site and blog found at the bottom of this page.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- On floor 1
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Near The Ocean:
You can walk or bike there.Closest beach at the end of the road where Pinkie's store is (store now closed), it's the next road past the 7 mile marker (past the turn off to get to our home)....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Cleaning fee $60
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 13.962%
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Two dads, biologist and ESL teacher, with two beautiful girls. We bought our little piece of paradise to spend much of our summers and dream of living there full-time one day. Originally from Virginia and Utah, currently living in San Francisco primarily, but have lived in DC, NY, Germany, Sweden, Korea, Thailand & Nigeria, so welcome guests from all over the world.
Why the Owner Chose Papaikou, HI, USA:
Besides the home with all its beautiful woods, we fell in love with the very convenient, yet peaceful location and the beautiful, lush surroundings and yard.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Its location on a stream with waterfall and swim ponds is a bit of heaven for us and a perfect escape from city living for us, our kids and our guests. Yet only a 5 minute, beautiful drive to downtown Hilo, its many ethnic restaurants, shops, museums, etc. And even closer to nice beaches, great botanical garden and scenic drives.
- Primary: +415 577-2229
Links to more information:
Landscaped backyard of home
View of yard as you approach entry, from the backyard. Rare silver palm in rear.
The private entry to the apartment, in the back of the house, down a few steps.
Comfy queen bed with views of yard through big jalousie windows for ventilation.
Comfy king bed with antique Chinese headboard.
Inside view of entry door.
Bathroom, equipped with most of what you may need.
Partial rear view of home.
Picnic table for your use in backyard. Eat al fresco!
Our quiet private road, Enoka Place, looking toward the ocean from the house.
Your own patio off the backyard, next to garden-level apartment covered entry.
Apartment entry: bedroom to right, living areas to left, full bath between them.
Shelves with some games, books, ukuleles, etc. for your use.
Looking into bathroom from bedroom area, doors from both bedroom and living area
HDTV with expanded cable, DVR. Also a landline phone.
Sauna on property
Nice to sit in the backyard, but mosquito repellant sometimes needed (Hawaii);-)
Latest photo of backyard, railing overlooks gorge and stairs down to swim pond.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, December 09, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.