About the property
- House3000 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, sleeps 12
Escape from the ordinary, enjoy your next Tahoe vacation in style.
A mountain retreat surrounded by forest trails, minutes away from Heavenly Ski Resort, downtown entertainments and other south Tahoe attractions, this gorgeous 4 bedroom house located in the best neighborhood of south Lake Tahoe blends every modern luxury with serenity of nature, and offers true Tahoe experience you will never forget.
The two story home features approximately 3000 square feet of open living space and shows outstanding craftsmanship throughout. The first floor has an elegant living room with pool table, a large and comfortable family room with brand new flat screen TV, a gourmet kitchen with granite counter top and pine cabinetry, and 2 wood burning fireplaces. All 4 bedrooms are upstairs. Every room is spacious, beautiful, and bright.
Sleeping arrangements: • Master bedroom: king bed. Very spacious. Huge master bath with Jacuzzi tub, double sink, and stall shower
• Bedroom 2: queen bed. With elegant brand new European style furnishing
• Bedroom 3: queen bed. With elegant brand new European style furnishing
• Bedroom 4: one bunk bed, two twin beds. Perfect for kids slumber party or family fun
• Convertible queen bed available in downstairs family room
This house is located in a beautiful and private neighborhood just off Pioneer trail, with easy access to many high quality hiking and biking trails. It is an ideal launching pad to all three major ski resorts in South Lake Tahoe: Heavenly Ski Resort is s short 9 minutes drive (3.8 miles) from the house, while Sierra at Tahoe and Kirkwood are 25 and 50 minutes away.
If you want to dine at a gourmet restaurant, or enjoy music events, comedy shows, night clubs or other night lives, Stateline and Casinos are only 5 miles away.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 12, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Great home with some minor difficulties
We enjoyed our 2 night stay at this home. The home is spcious, clean, and the bed and beddings didnt smell funny. However the King and one of the Queen beds were not comfortable, woke up with bad backpain. We enjoyed our stay here except a few things. The family room where the pool table is located, the ceiling lights did not turn on. Needless to say we chose this home bcz of the pool table. The landlord did have a few table lamps in the room to use but they didnt work. We had to take light bulbs from other lights to replace the bad bulbs. Luckily it lite the room, but nowhere near what it could have been with the ceiling lights. In addition the Cable didnt work either. We spent atleast 2-3 hours working on getting the cable up and running and figuring out the lighting situation. The kids were bored and wanted to be entertained with TV. The manager whom was listed as a emergency contact was useless. We contacted her many times to solve our problem but she didnt have a solution. It almost seemed as if they knew the ceiling lights didnt work and thats why there was lamps available in the room. I did speak with the owner about these issues and she was nice, but did not offer any discounts or anything to compensate for our troubles and having to play pool in semi okay lighting But other than that the kitchen was lovely, the rooms were spacious, the backyard was nice even though we really didnt use it much. The heater made the home nice and cozy. Showers were nice but the hot water ran out after the first 2 people showered. I took a cold shower but it is winter so I undersrand. If those issues were to be dealt with I would definitively stay here again.
Our past stay at this location was great! It was 10 minutes (driving) from the strip and just 20 minutes from Sierra ski resot. The house was a very cute house with a few new updates. This house served our purpose however there were a few downsides... the front door is really difficult to open and close so we mainly used the garage as our form of entry. The add says jacuzzi but turns out its a whirlpool tub in the master bathroom. The pull out couch bed was terrible! If you are looking to rent this place I probably wouldn't count that bed. The pots and pans are all scratched up so it made it difficult to use. The refrigerator wasn't cooling and the upstairs heater made a lot of noise. Plus there wasn't extra towels, sheets and other bedding items. Despite all those negatives we did enjoy our time simply based off location.
The house was remodeled last year and we still haven’t replaced all the pictures on the homeway website. Many people commented that the house looks much nicer than it appears in the pictures. There are however a few unfinished items and replacing the front door and the sleeper sofa are among them. A new front door has been ordered and will be delivered on April 20th and installed soon afterwards; a new sleeper sofa is ordered and is scheduled to arrive on April 7th.
Not what was expected
We were a group of friends spending a weekend in Tahoe. The picture of the location looked better than what it really was. A few things made it a 3 star:
1. One of the single beds looked like it was going to fall apart
2. No first aid kit available
3. 1 small bottle of shampoo and conditioner for a house for 10 people
4. Hot water was not working , had to contact someone
5. The instruction said to take the trash out but their bear bin was completely full and looked like it hasn't been emptied for weeks
6. The pillows are not comfortable - master bedrooms pillow cases were complete worn down and tears pretty much on each one
Overall not satisfied for the value we paid for the location.
1. Single bed: Thanks to the guest for pointing out the problem with the headboard of one of the single beds. A screw had indeed fallen out. This problem is now fixed;
2. First aid: We don’t offer first aid kit. Guests are advised to bring their own if they foresee the needs;
3. Shampoo and conditioner: We don’t provide shampoo and conditioner. The complete list of provided amenities are described in the “Amenities” section of the website;
4. Hot water: In extremely cold winter nights, it takes longer for the water to heat up. For large groups, it’s advised to take quicker shower at intervals. It will also help if the guests refrain from operating dish washer or otherwise running hot water when people are taking shower. I apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause;
5. Trash: The city of South Lake Tahoe collects trash from the bear box every week. In this case my guess is that the city missed cleaning out our bear box the previous week, possibly because heavy snow storm left the bear box inaccessible;
6. Pillows: The pillows with torn pillow cases are decorative pillows that we place on the king bed. I’m now realizing that these pillows are not suitable for rental properties, since the pillow cases are made of extremely delicate fabric. I will have them replaced by something more sturdy soon. My apologies.
Perfect property for a large group
We came to Lake Tahoe for a family celebration and couldn't have been more pleased with our 2 night stay at this lovely 3000 sq ft. home. Comfortable, spacious, clean and welcoming, it was everything we were wanting and more. We really appreciated the large deck and yard, spending both evenings out there cooking on the BBQ and enjoying the trees that surround the property.
A well equipped kitchen made it easy to feed our group of 13. Three of the bedrooms are very large with lots of room to spare. One queen bedroom is a bit smaller, but all of the beds were very comfortable with nice bedding.
Owner Victoria was so easy to reach and quick to respond to my my questions prior to our arrival. I really appreciated walking into the property and seeing exactly what the pictures on the site show, and what Victoria described to me in our communications.
The location is in a quiet neighborhood and really easy to get to. It's about an 8 minute drive to the casinos, shopping centers and the Gondola. I will definitely recommend this property to my friends... my family was with me so they already know. I'm sure we will be back!
Home away from home!
This home is conveniently located in South lake with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. The pool table provided entertainment for both adults and kids. The owner Victoria is very responsive in answering any questions. The home is located right by the Timber Cove which offers a variety of water activities such as jet skiing, kayaking, paddle boating, or just relaxing by the beach. We will definitely keep this rental home in mind when we visit again!
Just the ticket!
This place is just what the doctor ordered! Two families comprised of four adults and seven children shared this house with room to spare. The bedrooms are HUGE and the downstairs living space is perfect for meals and entertaining. The master bedroom has a very deep jacuzzi tub, and there is hot water for days, so there were no cold showers even with the tub being used.
We arrived on Sunday to a clean house, and enjoyed every minute of the next week. The home is located in a quiet neighborhood off Pioneer Trial that is very accessible and conveniently located close to Highway 50 and stateline. It is the perfect place to feel like you are part of the Tahoe community where you can enjoy the natural beauty of Tahoe, without feeling stuck in a commercial setting. The neighborhood is a great place to go for a run or walk, too.
The house is nicely furnished and stocked, so we did not ever feel like we wish we had remembered to bring something that was missing. The owner and housekeeper were very accessible throughout the entire stay, and quickly responded to inquiries.
After coming to Tahoe for fifteen years and renting TIme Share properties, we have found a new place to live out our Tahoe dreams.
Other Activities: kayaking, downhill/alpine skiing, basketball court, snowboarding, wildlife viewing, health/beauty spa, shopping, boating, cross country skiing Ski: Heavenly Ski Resort is s short 9 minutes drive (3.8 miles) from the house, while Sierra at Tahoe and Kirkwood are 25 and 50 minutes away.