Spacious, Convient, Memorable Casa Esplendida(6 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
Welcome to Casa Esplendida, nestled in the heart of Historic Centro, Merida. The Mayan Culture and Historical Architecture will amaze you! Located across from the English Library, (the hub of information for any visitor) Casa Esplendida is undeniably the best location for all that Merida has to offer. Museums, Art Galleries, Markets and Enchanting Parks with evening entertainment, as well as restaurants and shopping are all within a short walking distance. Day trips and many excursions are available to Mayan Ruins, Haciendas, Cenotes (underground fresh water caves) or the beach.
From the moment you enter the Iron Gate, you are embraced by the antique vase with nine foot floral design, silhouetted by massive arches and 18 foot colonial ceilings. The foyer and living room speak of something rich and grand, yet soothing and comfortable. The original tile floors, the craftsmanship of local artists, and the comfortable furnishings will immediately make you feel you're at home.
This Colonial Historic home has had a makeover just for you. Blended in accents of stone, hardwood and iron works by local craftsmen, Casa Esplendida is a tasteful melding of historic and modern, elegant and comfortable. The blend of colors and textures will draw you in through the dinning room arches, past the large modern kitchen (with eat at bar) and through the iron gate to the open air terrace. This area is large enough to entertain, yet cozy enough for two to relax in their own oasis retreat. Enjoy the new pool encompassed by massive archways and pillars on one side and flanked by a life size fountain of natural stone. The soft sounds of water gently cascading will melt your worries away. Siesta on the patio or roof top terrace and refresh yourself under the outside stone shower.
Everything has been completely redone: electrical, plumbing, air conditioning in both master suites and living room, ceiling fans and all new lighting. The kitchen is new and modern. Everything is there for you! Bedrooms are adorned with antique wood and iron, and bamboo furnishings to set the mood. You can enjoy dinning in the formal dinning room, which seats six, or outside on the patio. If you choose, you can entertain and dine right at the kitchen bar which is dressed in natural Tikul stone. The pool, patio, and kitchen are the heart of this home so you will never be more than a few steps away from your next cocktail or the volume on the radio. The floor plan has been designed for the utmost comfort, convenience and privacy. This home features wifi internet and a new television with cable. If you don’t have your laptop, just walk across the street to the library for computer access with an English key board. The Library can provide assistance, if needed. Pick up something to read or find out happenings of the day or events through out the week.
Your home away from home has many conveniences. A Local Property Manager will meet each guest upon arrival to Casa Esplendida. They can assist or give advice on transportation, tour information, restaurant recommendations, general information or emergencies.
Your visit will be Unforgettable! This property will invoke envy among your friends and family when you share your photos and beautiful memories with them.
Casa Esplendida – A Splendid House Indeed!!
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Room
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking On Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Catering Available
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 8 - May 1, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $800
- Taxes Not included
We accept PayPal at - firstname.lastname@example.org or Personal or Bank checks. 1/2 Rent to hold Reservation with Balance due 60 days prior to arrival.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Perfect Location; across from the English Library. Centro
- Local Property Manager available for assistance and emergencies.
- Very quiet neighborhood with roadside parking.
- Easy walking distance to Every local park, museum, theater, restaurants, shopping and the Square
-6 blocks from the Grand Plaza Square
-4 blocks from Easy Way car rental and others
-3 blocks from Santa Lucia Park
-4 blocks from Santiago Park and full market
- 1 & 2 blocks from convenience store (bottled water, basic groceries and, cold drinks)
Other Activities: art galleries, horse & buggy rides, Mayan Ruins
The Unique Benefits at this House:
- Perfect Locations; across form the English Library. - Local Property Manager available for assistance and emergencies. - Very quiet neighborhood with roadside parking. - Easy walking distance to EVERY local park, museum, theater, restaurants, shopping and the Square -6 blocks from the Grand Plaza Square -4 blocks from Easy Way car rental and others -3 blocks from Santa Lucia Park -4 blocks from Santiago Park and full market - 1 & 2 blocks from convenience store (bottled water, basic groceries and, cold drinks) -Private massage therapist across the street - Total Renovation (Including appliances, furniture and artwork throughout). - Fully outfitted for Summer Rental 2009 – EVERYTHING BRAND NEW!! - Total House Air Conditioning and ceiling fans - 4, Suites (Sleeps up to 8) - 1st Master Suite is a tropical theme with iron and wood décor - 2nd Master Suite is a bamboo theme and opens to the terrace pool - 800 thread count linens - Built in closets - Walk in showers with double sink vanities - Fully equipped, large modern kitchen with eat at bar - Original tile floors and iron works - Accents of natural stone and hardwoods throughout - Floor plan design – comfortable and convenient - Beautiful pool and cascading stone water fountain - Shaded relaxing patio and terrace - Outdoor shower - Lounge chairs for sunning on patio or roof terrace - All pool and bath towels included - Outdoor eating area - Iron and ironing board - Wireless internet - Cable TV
- Primary: (715) 297- 9429 (Wisconsin, USA)
Links to more information:
Beautiful terrace with huge stone fountain and private pool
Living room with 18' ceiling local art work and original tile floors
Master suite with terrace and pool right out your door
Garden area / pathway to Casita boasting 2 more suites and patio
private pool can be both fun and romantic.
Fun bright Casita suite
Great Kitchen for Cooking or entertaining
Play or Relax
Grand entry with 10' floral arrangement and 18' ceiling
Large kitchen/eat at bar/right off the terrace/Great for entertaining
2nd Master suite with local wood/ iron works and stone
Poinsettias in the garden
A fresh Lime anyone
relax on the patio
The Parrots of our neighborhood love the fruit on this tree at Casa Esplendida
Calming colors in this Casita suite
A Peek inside the front door.
Wine & Dine
Private Garden Paradise..please feed the fish, they will love you for it. :)
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.