Mai Tai - Short Walk to the Beach!(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, sleeps a maximum of 6 people
You will love Mai Tai beach cottage! The cottage is located in the heart of Kill Devil Hills at milepost 6.5. One of the best public beach with a lifeguard is an easy and flat 4 minute walk to the end of the street. There are no dunes or stairs to climb to get to the beach. The cottage is perfect for that one family beach vacation or for two to three couples. If you are looking to be close to the beach without paying the high beach front prices, you will enjoy staying here. It is located on a quiet street and is very safe for children to play in the big back yard. Mai Tai is filled with a lot of amenities to make your vacation an enjoyable stay. Includes premium cable TV and dvd, central air, large outside shower with hot and cold water, large deck with views from the crow’s nest, covered parking, and a charcoal park style grill. WiFi is available should you want to relax and surf from the crow's nest and take in the panaromic views.
For safety reasons: Smoking is not allowed INSIDE the house and NO pets are allowed. Must be a minimum of 25 years of age and a guest of the party to book the cottage.
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2010
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Oahu (master bedroom) has a private bathroom, private entrance to deck, ceiling fan, cable TV and a Queen Sized Bed. The master has a Full Private bathroom. The Kauai Room has a full sized bed with a large closet and cable TV with a Full size Bed. The Maui Room has two twin beds, ceiling fan and cable TV. Guests are responsible to bring all linens (bed sheets and pillow cases) for their stay. Linen services are provided at an additional charge of $125 rental fee for the week. This includes bed sheets, pillow cases and bath and hand towel sets. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Large outdoor shower is located downstairs with hot and cold water for rinsing after a day at the beach. WiFi is available for internet surfing. The living room has a DVD player and flat screen TV. Washer and Dryer is located downstairs. There are games, books, and puzzles for those rainy days. The large deck has a large picnic table and enjoy the sunbathing on the crows nest. There is a beach cart should you want to use it to carry things to the beach. The downstair has a picnic table next to the charcoal grill plus a prep table and a sink. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - Jun 3, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 4 - Jun 24, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Jun 25 - Aug 19, 2017
7 night min stay
Aug 20 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 10 - Nov 4, 2017
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Administrative Fees $90
Credit Card Payment are available through Paypal and a charge of $40 will added to the total payment per week stay.
Rental rates include taxes but does not include the security deposit and administrative fees.
Linens are not included but are optional for rental for your entire stay at a charge of $125.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Mai Tai is located on milepost 6.5 between the highways. There are no busy roads to cross when you want to head to the beach. It is an easy 4 min walk to the fifth street public beach with a lifeguard during the prime season!! The street is not a pass thru and the homes are occupied with some full time residents. Mai Tai cottage is perfect for relaxation and very safe for kids because it is not on the beach road with traffic and noise during the summer months. It is a short walk to major shops, movie theaters, and Avalon pier. Besides all of the nearby restaurants, Awful Arthur is only a ten minute walk to enjoy the fine food and drinks overlooking the pier/ocean. Enjoy a nice breakfast at Jolly Rogers which is a two minute drive. It is a short drive to the famous Wright Brothers Memorial or climb Jockey's Ridge. Kill Devil Hills is centrally located in the Outer Banks where you can head north to Duck or south to Nags Head.
Mai Tai OBX
Dining Section with seating for six people.
2nd Bedroom with Full Size Bed
Covered porch for those hot sunny days
Front porch with morning coffee sitting area.
Picture of Crows Nest for Sunbathing and nighttime star gazing.
Avalon Pier from the fifth street beach access.
Short easy walk to Avalon Pier
Kitchen and dining area
Master Bedroom with Queen Size Bed
3rd bedroom with two twin beds
Large deck with crows nest
Outside Shower Stall and Picnic Table for Cookouts.
Side View of Deck and Cook out area.
Sunset view from crow's nest
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.