Great Location! Beautiful, Designer, Extra-Clean Victorian--Steps to Beach!(18 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, patio, steps to the beach, 2 porches- sleeps 7--8
Excellent central location! = Only one tiny block from Ocean Grove's 'Main Ave', and only 3 tiny blocks from the auditorium. 1.5 BLOCKS to the BEACH! ALL within an EASY WALK! We are also less than a 10 minute walk to Asbury Park's boardwalk and it's vibrant, sophisticated downtown with many eclectic, and highly rated restaurants. A tranquil and quiet oasis, this is -- yet also, everything at your fingertips! You deserve the best!
*House received a full inside and outside painting in 2016!
* Rental is on the second ocean block, with ocean glimpses from the porch.
* 25 windows--VERY SUNNY, bright and airy.
*Fully air conditioned.
* Comes with two adult bikes - a must have on the Jersey Shore!
* BEACH SUPPLIES = Umbrellas, at least 6 beach chairs, 2 boogie boards, raft, and a beach cart to carry them in, provided. Small blow up pool for tiny kiddies!
* Beautiful, Comfortable Beds w/ new mattresses: top-grade Sealys and a Sealy posturepedic in Master Bedroom. Thick, 100% cotton covered mattress pads are provided and pillows are a selection of down and hypo-allergenic. Dust mite covers are on everything! Quilts and blankets, included.
*CHEMICAL FREE WATER--- we have a two douton water filters for the kitchen, and all bathroom showers have "aquasauna" filters. Necessary!
* 2 full bathrooms--include a tub.
* Large basement with WASHER AND DRYER
* Cablevision high quality Wi-fi, DVR record, cable, DVD player, VHS and phone
* A GARDEN PATIO with: grill, tables and chairs, and
many types of ever -blooming flowers! We provide a person to water the plants!
* Two refinished 'full sized' wood porches with roofs.
* Original hard-wood and tile floors
* Fully Furnished w/ basic linens, soaps, paper goods.
*Very Quiet-- has only 1 full time neighbor on ALL sides, including across the street!
*8 hours are spent cleaning the house and yard to make it beautiful for you!
AUTHENTICITY OUTSIDE: You will find only the authentic in this house. We strive to provide the best! OUTSIDE, are two naturally stained mahogany wood porches. Comfortableness on the porch is maintained by providing three 'anti-gravity lounge chairs'- which enable the lounger to raise their feet above their heart, and have adjustments for both the back and legs. Besides this, are 2 hand-painted wooden tables-- (not shown in pxs.) The siding of the house is made of cedar shingle, on top of which is the cheerful and mystical color you view in the pictures. THE GARDEN---has two flowering hydrangea bushes, and one very large and one small " Rose of Sharon", two small azaleas. There are multiple colorful seasonal flowers: hydrangea, roses, echinecea, daisies,. and, paca-sandras, and the ever-green pine-type bushes. We now have a gardener that comes to water the plants--No worries! Two maple trees lean over from the neighbor's and sway gracefully in the ocean breezes, creating a relaxing sound.
AUTHENTICITY INSIDE, down: INSIDE---The KITCHEN has a multiple-hued creamy coffee color ITALINATE tiled floor. The cabinets are a pale maple and counter tops the best-hygienic 'corian'. Two real ovens are available, along w/ a micro-wave. Double filter for fresh drinking water, dishwasher, and adjustable recessed ceiling lights are pluses! The dining set is oak, has 6 leaves, and is over 100 years old! It Expands to seat 10. The chairs were chosen for their comfortableness!
LIVING ROOM-- beautiful, original, golden pine floors, and mahogany stair rail and baluster. Victorian prints and two real paintings! Large, gold embellished box-style Victorian mahogany mirror; Ornate marble Victorian coffee table; and, two more one-hundred-year-old-plus side tables highlight the wainscoted Provincial--soft-yellow colored room. There is amble room for all your magazines and books. Some nice ones have been left behind, and we have a few games available, also. You can check your email at the comfortable desk.
AUTHENTICITY INSIDE, up: We offer 4 bedrooms upstairs. All have ACs, fans, and 3 of 4, closets. They are entered through '6 -paneled' doors which are made of real wood and accented with lovely pewter egg-shaped knobs. Stained glass, century-old wall hangings, real paintings, shells highlight. MASTER BEDROOM---'Breezy blue'---very large wing-backed chair, bird's eye maple bureau, English pine bedside tables, Queen sealy poster-pedic bed, 3 authentic Victorian framed prints.
2ND QUEEN BEDROOM---blue-green--True Victorian 'East Lake Bedset',with extra high bed, beveled bureau with top mirror, fabric cushioned chair, stained glass ceiling light, framed Victorian print, and real water color painting. PURPLE CREAM BEDROOM--'the wicker room'-- pine distressed cream-colored twin bed, wicker cushioned chair & bureau, 2 wicker mirrors, 3 paintings. DOUBLE BEDROOM---hand painted bureau, full 'double futon' couch/bed, TV with small bureau, two real oil paintings. Everywhere-- A pleasure to see! THANK YOU--for sum'r '16---rented !
OUR RATES---Please click on the Rate TAB, and then press "view all RATES", to see if the property is within your means, before contacting us. thanks!
Member since: 2008
- Max. occupancy 8
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- OCEAN GROVE, NJ---The town was founded in 1869, and is part of the National Register of Historic places in the USA. Here, you will find the greatest concentration of Victorian architecture of ANY place in the whole USA. The town has a est. min. of 900 houses with gingerbread, porches, ect..The town also a beautiful, yet simply designed cathedral for worship or concerts. A boardwalk, made of wood, forms a promenade along the beach, extending at least 5 miles in each direction. INSIDE THE HOUSE---2 air mattresses available. Each bedroom has: a ceiling fan; its own private A/C; a large mirror; two quilts and sets of pillows; a bureau; and a chair. Three of the four bedrooms, have 3 windows or more. All have special 'up-down shades' ---which you can move either way; have great ventilation, and light from the many new windows. There is fresh wall to-wall carpet. All of the bedrooms have special authentic wainscoting on the walls, and are furnished tastefully with antiques....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- There are two porches, with rails, which have no screens. There is also the patio, and areas with plants, and flowers, around the perimeter of most of the property. The kitchen is fully stocked---with all cooking utensils and pots being made of stainless steel, and does include a dishwasher. There is a micro wave and also is an extra- large toaster oven, a which heats things in the conventional, standard fashion. The washer and dryer are located, in the basement with 8 windows. There is also ample room for storage, there. I, or an assistant, will be available for your questions about the house or area. we also provide literature of events happening, and menus. ...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Free Long Distance
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 21 - May 26, 2017
5 night min stay
Jun 2 - Jun 22, 2017
7 night min stay
JUNE 23 - JULY 30, 2017
Jun 23 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Jul 28, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 29 - Sep 8, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 9 - Oct 6, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 15%
1. RENTS do not include taxes and cleaning fees, which are 15%. BIG REDUCTIONS FOR LONGER STAYS! 2. Return renters = 5% discount. 3. Will not rent to high school groups or for prom parties. 4. Cleaning is provided every two weeks for 1 month stays. 5. Security--will be a min. of $800. 6. CANCELLATIONS-- If you cancel within 2 mos prior to the rental, & If we cannot fill your spot = 30% fee of rent is due. 7. INSTANT QUOTE RATES on vrbo and homeway.com, are not entirely accurate, due to computer set up.. the rates that are sent to you, in the email from us, ARE.. 8. RATEs are subject to change, until confirmed.
1/3 of the rent is required, to save your place, provided there is more than 2 mos to rental time. If there is less than 2 mos, 1/2 will be required. all rent and security deposits must be in, 2 weeks prior to renting.. thank you! checks are accepted, only.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
VICTORIAN HOUSE ---is a 3 mt. walk to the beach; 2 mts, to town; 5 mts to the GREAT AUDITORIUM; and only 10 mt walk to ASBURY PARK. OCEAN GROVE--only in recent years has come back to its full glory.
CLOSE WALKING area--has classical concerts--with well known names from NYC or abroad;pop concerts in 3,000 seat auditorium; & free concerts on the street. Plays; amusement park; boardwalk with shops;antique shops; restaurants--ranging from NYC ones, to Caribbean to Greek! Bakeries, cheese shop,etc, provide so much more! Parasailing and other activities might need a car. Taxis are readily available, though, day and night.
Go fishing on the pier, or jetties, walk the pristine beaches and b'wlk for miles, or use the 2 COMPLIMENTARY BIKES. It is the type place where people will look you in the eye and say hello. The town was originally founded as a spiritual community, activities of this nature keeps everyone 'nice'. The architecture really takes you back into another world!
Golf: RENTAL TIMES---- For summer 2012, we are now renting Friday--Friday.. Come in at 3:00 in Fri.,and be out at 10 am on Friday. This is the best choice as there are so many activities in Ocean Grove on the Weekends, that parking is sometimes hard, on Saturdays. We want your transition into the house to be an easy one. With a Fri, PM, check-in, You can then be all ready for the w/e with food, ect.. Thanks for understanding!
Other seasons---we can be flexible..
***There must be golfing in MONMOUTH COUNTY, nearby.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: THANK YOU!! Everyone who worked on the house this year thanks you for your patronage, for a full season of summer rentals---8 years in a row! ***We are continually updating everything, and just completed painting in 2015, so this year will be just as nice! Hope to see you!
Why the Owner Chose Ocean Grove, Neptune Township, NJ, USA:
Upon review, the Ocean Grove Historical Preservation Committee proclaimed this house to be "one of the top 100 historic homes in the town". The house is within walking distance of many things to do like--art shows, flea markets, plays, and two movie theaters! Everything is close by, and no car is needed! Many come here to partake in the spiritual programs offered by the Methodist Camp Association. Besides this, there is such a friendly air about Ocean Grove - its quaintness is comparable to none--with its over 1,000 victorian homes. It is great to bike, too---you can go for many miles along the coast either way--we provide the bikes!! I choose to buy this property because of its beauty, and the fact that it is one of the few houses in the second beach block of Ocean Grove, that has a side or back yard. There is a sense of privacy and quiet here, while you are still so close to the beach, town, and Asbury Park, too. I love the open feeling of the downstairs---the Living room is large, and so is the eat-in kitchen. The kitchen and the bathrooms are beautiful, and i have also decorated the rooms with great care.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
OCEAN GROVE---voted one of the world's top ten beaches by foder's in 2014! Magnificent! The beach is very wide, and you can always find a spot! At the house, it is great to have the option of being cool , on the porch in the shade of two large maple trees! On sunny days, it is sometimes better than going to the beach! We recently have had two tiny tress grow on two other sides of the house, allowing for bird chirps to be heard from many locations! Quickly---The side yard is a rarity in this 2nd from the beach OG block. Special things--2 hot water heaters, bikes, filtered water throughout the house, , full spectrum lighting, DVR TV, Wi-fi, garden.. You feel really taken back in time, being surrounded by the beauty of the authentic antiques and lovely wall hangings. Every room, lovely! The house is only 1.5 blocks from the beach; 1 tiny block from town; 1 block from the grocery store; 4 short blocks to the Great Auditorium, and to central Asbury Park it is less than a 12 minute walk.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
side view of the house-- with 2 porches & large flowering rose of Sharon bush!
Large, flowering plants in the garden!
Airy, light-filled and tastefully decorated kitchen!
Kitchen--Light woods and cooling tile floors, with more windows!
Side porch, patio. Two free bikes---to explore the town. Fun!
OCEAN GROVE-- The rainbow's end!
Bedroom--X-tra large winged-back chair and framed seascape lithograph!
Living Room with very comfortable, large chair, ottoman, and desk for internet!
Quaint Double bedroom w/ TV, oil paintings, antiques.
Deco-like Upstairs bath with tub, window, and filtered shower.
Original Victorian pine and mahoghany staircase with colorful flowers!
SO Close--MAIN ST. and all its quaint shops, bakeries, and restauants!
newly painted view of the house, 2017
Hand made sea-shell lamp, cable, DVD, and high speed Wi-Fi!
Living Room with water color painting and antiques.
Designer kitchen: century-old table expands to seat 10.
Side patio: 2 tables and 6 chairs, 3 lounges, and BBQ. guaranteed here!
Queen Bedroom, no.1---Sealy posterpedic mattress, and victorian prints & beauty!
Extra-high, lovely Queen Bed in room, no. 2. 4 windows!
Queen Bedroom no. 2, with close trees! Very soothing.
Charming "Purple cream" bedroom---3 windows = very sunny!
Windowed, full (downstairs) bathroom. Cooling tile.
Secluded hot outdoor shower!! foliage now, full. no neighbors living behind!
Ocean Grove's super- wide, well-kept beach. Come and stay with us, this year!
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 18, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.